Paul Gascoigne

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 am

Very sad, his talent as a footballer was absolute. He could finish, pass, had enough pace (just) and was strong; and to use an old fashioned term he could dribble.

He so nearly joined us when he went to spurs, and could have also gone to Manure but turned his back for the London Lifestyle. Who knows if being under Kenny or Fergie would have saved him, but he would have certainly had a better career as well.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 pm

The addiction gene is hard to over come and I don't think another path would have made a difference to
Gascoigne.

When it gets a hold its takes a very tough individual to try control it a day at a time, some can, others cannot and
no one can help him, ultimately its a self driven project.

At this point I suspect Gazza is in the cannot category and it will likely end very badly for him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:40 pm

parchpea » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:57 pm wrote:The addiction gene is hard to over come and I don't think another path would have made a difference to
Gascoigne.

When it gets a hold its takes a very tough individual to try control it a day at a time, some can, others cannot and
no one can help him, ultimately its a self driven project.

At this point I suspect Gazza is in the cannot category and it will likely end very badly for him.

There isnt an addiction gene. Genes create proteins and the template for the creation of proteins. There might be such a thing as an addictive personality but personality is not created by ones genes. Its a shame, no one who has not had a problem with addiction could fully understand, it just seems like a stupid weakness but there is more to it than that. Ultimately he`s a unhappy man who for whatever reason doesnt see enough in his life to stop him on his road to oblivion.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm

He's just a time bomb - everyone has taken advantage of his good nature.

When I was working in Cyprus in 2000-03 Gazza turned up in Limassol with 5 Bellies and just spent every night in the Step Inn getting smashed and making an idiot if himself - 5 Bellies did nothing but encourage him and just leech of him. He will drink himself to death - no doubt do what Best did and drink through one liver and then ruin a second - and his close "friends" will just watch and enjoy the ride.

It's a shame
Benny The Noon

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum