My heart goes out to the thousands of souls - Taken from this world all too quickly.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 77-1099054247 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:21 pm

LFC #1 wrote:All Premier league clubs have given £50 000 pounds each, totalling £1million as a donation.

I made a donation to the Red Cross, I urge everyone to make even a small donation - it's a very needy cause.

Manchester United have given double that.
77-1099054247

Postby Dom1 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:32 pm

yeah true, it was actually Everton who had the idea of all premier league clubs putting money towards it, they are sponsored by a thailand based brewery Chang Beer and thousands of lifes were lost on the thailand coast aswell so they felt they had to play there part in restoration!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:02 am

ManUtd wrote:Manchester United have given double that.

LFC could afford that as well from selling Diao  :p 
Sorry folks, bad joke  :(
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:08 pm

How a lot of sites can't keep up with the bandwidth requirements of hosting this video and recognising the importance of distributing them to educate the public about the enormity of this disaster and increase fundraising the web developer decided to help distribute them.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:48 am

i'm sure everyone is trying to do their best in difficult circumstances
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:21 pm

Michael Schumacher has donated 10 million euro (about £6 million) towards the relief fund.
Maybe he's not such a c*nt after all .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:33 pm

at the end of the day, most of the worlds population are part of the human race and do whatever they can to help, unlike the insurgents in Iraq, who dont care about anyone
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:29 pm

Apparently FIFA are to announce an allstar match which will raise money for the Tsunami appeal. It is likely to be held in London, with the likes of Ronaldinho and Zidane set to feature. http://movies.plsthx.com/media/sri_lanka_tsunami.wmv

Heres the link for a video of a restaurant with water flooding it
very sad  :(  my friend has family who died in the daister :(  :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Michael Schumacher has donated 10 million euro (about £6 million) towards the relief fund.

He didn't go to his mother funeral, he's still a c#nt.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby the great one » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:21 am

LFCFan4Life wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Michael Schumacher has donated 10 million euro (about £6 million) towards the relief fund.

He never went to his mother funeral digsuting how can he live with himself, you would think he would love his mother enough to go to her funeral obviously not  :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:27 am

He went racing instead.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:15 am

the great one wrote:
LFCFan4Life wrote:

He never went to his mother funeral digsuting how can he live with himself, you would think he would love his mother enough to go to her funeral obviously not  :(

he put so much money in as his body guard was one of the people who died.

i came back to malaysia on new years eve after visiting uk for xmas. all the celebrations were cancelled etc, even all the bars had a minutes silence. luckily malaysia was not as badly affected by the wave. one of my clients was on penang and watched the wave hit, he didnt realise the extent until later that day when he watched tv, the wave that struck near where he was was not too bad.

one of the sickening things to come out of this is the human trafficking now taking place, children are being sold and australia has banned all convicted pedo's leaving australia for fear of them going to indonesia. absolute disgrace.

the malaysian government has announced today that it will give the families of the victims 20000rm  (GPB 2857) for each family member lost, again an absolute disgrace if its the breadwinner that has been lost, i guarentee that none of the families had insurance.

when i look at the footage from banda aceh near where the epicenter was i can see just how so much life was lost in indonesia, you would not have know what hit you.

the saddest thing i saw was two parents carrying three children, i thought it was ok, they were safe, but the reporter then said they were on their way to bury their babies, these wre people who have nothing except their children and now thay are gone also. heartbreaking   :down:
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:49 am

:( Its all really terrible, couldnt stop crying when that couple rescused that little blonde swedish boy, and found his dad in hospital and the other family members had died really sad :( .
Loads of sad stories I had some arguments on new year over this disaster, I said if there is a God why do such a terrible thing on a Holy day as christmas, some stupid @rsehole said to keep the population  numbers down ??? I nearly went to kill her.
Its really really sad I cry when I watch some of them scenes :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:39 am

peewee wrote:one of the sickening things to come out of this is the human trafficking now taking place, children are being sold and australia has banned all convicted pedo's leaving australia for fear of them going to indonesia. absolute disgrace.

PeeWee, child trafficking in south east asia has been taking place for years and years . This disaster has only highlighted an issue that the authorities have constantly swept under the carpet.

Yes , it is a disgrace.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:15 am

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:one of the sickening things to come out of this is the human trafficking now taking place, children are being sold and australia has banned all convicted pedo's leaving australia for fear of them going to indonesia. absolute disgrace.

PeeWee, child trafficking in south east asia has been taking place for years and years . This disaster has only highlighted an issue that the authorities have constantly swept under the carpet.

Yes , it is a disgrace.

very true woof woof, it goes on all the time, i cant believe how these people can take advantage in normal times. i would like to sya that to do it now makes these people even worse, but in all honesty they couldnt get any worse
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum