Movies - What have you been watching ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 pm

I've been watching Prison Break, but as for movies:

Last weekend I went to see Smokin Aces.  Was an entertaining belter.  This weekend I'm thinking of going to see The Last King of Scotland.  Will watch Blood Diamond and Babel as well shortly.  Already seen Rocky.

Deja Vu was okay I suppose with Denzel.
jonnymac1979

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:14 pm

EddieC wrote:
sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:Should watch the persuit of happyness
Its a good movie :)
Pretty sad though :(
Got Will Smith in and his real son :D

Was that his real son?

Never realised that.

Yea its his real son
The directors said they didnt realise how good at acting he was  :)

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:18 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I've been watching Prison Break, but as for movies:

Last weekend I went to see Smokin Aces.  Was an entertaining belter.  This weekend I'm thinking of going to see The Last King of Scotland.  Will watch Blood Diamond and Babel as well shortly.  Already seen Rocky.

I thought Blood diamond was an excellent movie, I'm not Leonardo de caprio's biggest fan but I must say he was brilliant in it. And his accent seemed realistic too. The black fella in it also was good, dont know his name but he's very good in it also.

Well worth watching.
66-1112520797

Postby ckay » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

I thought Blood diamond was an excellent movie, I'm not Leonardo de caprio's biggest fan but I must say he was brilliant in it. And his accent seemed realistic too. The black fella in it also was good, dont know his name but he's very good in it also.

Well worth watching.

The last DiCaprio film I saw was the Departed and thought it was sh*t
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

Well worth watching.

What's blood diamond about then?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:52 pm

Its about the illegal diamond trade in places like Sierra leone (Africa) and how the moneys used to fund rebal tribes with military weapons.

Some of the diamond rings and jewellery  containing diamonds, ones you'd find in some of the more glamorous of shops in London etc have bought these illegally traded diamonds.

Its based around true stories, and Leonardo plays a diamond smuggler in it, but decides to hand a list of dodgy contacts  to a reporter who wants to expose the trade. Amongst this he also helps an African guy find his family amongst the conflict, with the rebels and government forces.

I better not give too much away :;):
66-1112520797

Postby Salty Sock » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 pm

I heard I would never want to wear my diamond ring again If I truly unrailed the gem infrastructure of the world, being that it is largely an illegally operated market,  am i wrong??
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:20 pm

Salty Sock wrote:I heard I would never want to wear my diamond ring again If I truly unrailed the gem infrastructure of the world, being that it is largely an illegally operated market,  am i wrong??

Possibly not.
66-1112520797

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:11 am

Been watching Tombstone a lot lately....dont know why but Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday just rules ! nobody could have played him better !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 am

ckay wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Well worth watching.

If you thought that The Departed was sh!t then you have some issues you need to take care of  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 am

ckay wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Anybody seen Eragon and is it worth copying to disc ?

It's not bad as a stand alone film but if you've read any of the books, you'll hate it!!!!!

It's f#cking horrible. but then again you said Departed was sh!t so what do I know.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:25 am

A.B. wrote:
ckay wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Anybody seen Eragon and is it worth copying to disc ?

It's not bad as a stand alone film but if you've read any of the books, you'll hate it!!!!!

It's f#cking horrible. but then again you said Departed was sh!t so what do I know.

I wouldn't say The Departed was sh'it but the original was infinitely better .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:58 am

Trailer Park Boys the movie, really funny.
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:17 am

Bought a copy at the weekend of The Princess Bride - classic !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ckay » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:26 am

A.B. wrote:
ckay wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Well worth watching.

If you thought that The Departed was sh!t then you have some issues you need to take care of  :D

I think I just expected more from such a great director. I wanted another goodfella's
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum