Last man standing

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm

I hope your still in it at this time tomorrow  :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Dundalk wrote:I hope your still in it at this time tomorrow  :;):

The Brummies will come up with the goods lash . I can sense these things ye'know .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:12 pm

If Chelsea hadn't scored that freak goals there would have been a lot of people out of this.

I got the rules mixed up, I thought only one person could pick each team i.e. only 20 players.
That's why I picked Man U ages ago.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Well if they win tomorrow you will be still in

Either way its a straight shootout between you and Igor

I suppose it could be a draw and you will both be out :laugh:

BTW fair play to Dawson who picked Arsenal
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm still alive!

Everton got hit for 6...... Arsenal looking strong early.....
ConnO'var

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm

STOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE out of the way !

ill go 20 rounds i tell yaa... dont care if everyones out Dundalk.. ill stop picking from the 20 WHEN IM DONE WITH THE 20 !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Dundalk wrote:BTW fair play to Dawson who picked Arsenal

Why, gd doesn't matter in this.  The weaker the team you pick, and if you advance, the better.  Anyone who picked Man U/Chelsea/Lfc/Arsenal will only be weaker in the long run.

And all those who picked Villa :laugh:
SupitsJonF

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:04 pm

I had Chelsea, absolutely never in doubt :D

I watched the game in order to have a look at the Turner lad at the back for Hull, and to be fair to him he was impressive. His awareness to get in a block on Drogba with minutes remaining will no doubt have had the other managers in the Premiership reaching for the chequebooks.

Chelsea looked unconvincing to me, I'm unsure about Drogba/Annelka and I wholeheartedly agree with the number of posters who talked about their diamond lacking any width. Neither of the fullbacks got forward with any conviction, and Hull may concieveably have nicked a win had they had spunkier front players. Other than Turner, I thought the lad from Reading, Hunt was their best player. He's a classic example of someone who has always been decent but for some reason unfashionable. Anyway like I say I liked the centre half, he's got something about him. 

The one really bright spark for Chelsea was a player I've slagged off many times on here, Deco. I thought when he came on his subtlety of pass and move lifted them, and if it wasn't for his physical frailty he definately would be a star for them. Seeing him yesterday he still might, definately a fine footballer if he hasn't been kicked into the fourth row of the stands.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:08 pm

BTW I think there should be a rule that you can't pick the same team twice, until you've been through all of em (and that should even apply when the new series starts and everyone is out). It would avoid people picking the big four every week, and would also act as a natural handicapping system. Those who are knocked out early here, would have a good chance of bouncing back given they would have the whole spectrum of options open to them. Those that went five or six weeks would be begining the next series staring down the gun barrel at Sunderland. Anyway good game this and I like it since I came through  :)

EDIT-Sorry when I wrote this I hadn't bothered reading the rules properly, sorry all  :(
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:17 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
Dundalk wrote:BTW fair play to Dawson who picked Arsenal

Why, gd doesn't matter in this.  The weaker the team you pick, and if you advance, the better.  Anyone who picked Man U/Chelsea/Lfc/Arsenal will only be weaker in the long run.

And all those who picked Villa :laugh:

SHHHHHHHH I wanna win, let them pick the favourites !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:17 pm

bigmick wrote:BTW I think there should be a rule that you can't pick the same team twice, until you've been through all of em (and that should even apply when the new series starts and everyone is out).

This, is a good idea.
SupitsJonF

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Would that be rule number 4 in Dundalks list? I may be wrong....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:37 pm

You're not wrong mate, I'm just a pleb  :laugh: Sorry DD :(
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Would that be rule number 4 in Dundalks list? I may be wrong....

It is, but then someone came up with the idea of re-joining the game once everyone has been eliminated.  Maybe it was assumed, maybe it wasn't, but Mick was just saying that once everything is "restarted"from everyone being eliminated, it actually isnt "restarting" :D.  Since the cant pick the same team twice should carry over until all 20 are chosen.
SupitsJonF

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:01 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Would that be rule number 4 in Dundalks list? I may be wrong....

It is, but then someone came up with the idea of re-joining the game once everyone has been eliminated.  Maybe it was assumed, maybe it wasn't, but Mick was just saying that once everything is "restarted"from everyone being eliminated, it actually isnt "restarting" :D.  Since the cant pick the same team twice should carry over until all 20 are chosen.

Yeah I also caught onto the second part as an idea, the one Joeterp proposed. To continue I think it should all be reset. The last man standing has chosen wisely and shouldnt be punished onwards. So resetting would be good, for all. I also agree wholeheartedly with what you said....

... All those who chose Villa  :laugh:

:D
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum