Komodo dragons - Human kills on increase

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:55 pm

link here

bad news  :(

apparantly they carry millions of deadly bacteria in their mouths, so even if you survive the attack you are more likely to die from infection such as septicaemia
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Perhaps they are losing their fear of man, or maybe there is a lack of their natural prey (whatever that is ?)
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Remember the nature program with attenboro when he got chased up a tree by one - outstanding creatures .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Long live the Komodo  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Yeah, well, this kind of thing tends to happen when humans encroach on the habitats of wild animals.  Was reading yesterday about the panic in LA a few years back following a spate of mountain lion attacks.  WTF did they expect when the build suburbs in the canyons and foothills of the San Gabriel, Santa Monica and San Bernadino mountains?  Funny thing is, the human reaction is usually well over the top about aggressive predators, blood-thirsty beasts etc. as though it were the animals encroaching on their territory rather than the other way around.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Watched a shark finning doc last last  :no  one warehouse had a trolley with over 1000 great white shark fins on.  :angry:

heres an idea stop feckin eating it and leave the sharks alone.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Ciggy wrote:Watched a shark finning doc last last  :no  one warehouse had a trolley with over 1000 great white shark fins on.  :angry:

heres an idea stop feckin eating it and leave the sharks alone.

Not just sharks. Things like Minka whales are still hunted in Norway even though it is illegal.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Yeah, well, this kind of thing tends to happen when humans encroach on the habitats of wild animals. 

:D

This would sum up my view on this.

Also a lil advice to fruit pickers, plant your own trees in your terrains and pick them. In the wild environment there are species with millions of years of evolution and self defence, including bacterias in the mouth.

I guess it's a human thing in history to convert animals in terrible evil beasts. We've done so with whales, sharks, snakes, wolves, bears and foxes. There's even literature about it. But it's just nature, and humans can die in the interaction of species like anybody else.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Yeah, well, this kind of thing tends to happen when humans encroach on the habitats of wild animals.  Was reading yesterday about the panic in LA a few years back following a spate of mountain lion attacks.  WTF did they expect when the build suburbs in the canyons and foothills of the San Gabriel, Santa Monica and San Bernadino mountains?  Funny thing is, the human reaction is usually well over the top about aggressive predators, blood-thirsty beasts etc. as though it were the animals encroaching on their territory rather than the other way around.

Its OK for you in living in Canada, you have only cuddly little Bears to worry about. In England we have fierce hedgehogs and savage rabbits roaming around. A few years ago I was badly mauled by a mouse, it even brought blood when it bit my finger.

Just yesterday I was trapped indoors for hours when squirrels invaded my garden hunting for food. Thankfully they moved on without attempting to break down my door....... this time.

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Yeah, well, this kind of thing tends to happen when humans encroach on the habitats of wild animals.  Was reading yesterday about the panic in LA a few years back following a spate of mountain lion attacks.  WTF did they expect when the build suburbs in the canyons and foothills of the San Gabriel, Santa Monica and San Bernadino mountains?  Funny thing is, the human reaction is usually well over the top about aggressive predators, blood-thirsty beasts etc. as though it were the animals encroaching on their territory rather than the other way around.

Its OK for you in living in Canada, you have only cuddly little Bears to worry about. In England we have fierce hedgehogs and savage rabbits roaming around. A few years ago I was badly mauled by a mouse, it even brought blood when it bit my finger.

Just yesterday I was trapped indoors for hours when squirrels invaded my garden hunting for food. Thankfully they moved on without attempting to break down my door....... this time.

What S@int sees:

What everyone else sees:

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 pm

:laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:11 pm

SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:28 pm

ffs  :D
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:32 pm

(What are we laughing about?  People are dying FFS. :angry:   Down with dragons! :veryangry )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum