Jonny1979......stop the spam - Your the only one who can help!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:34 pm

Freedom of speech?

1. Post Liverpool FC topics and discussions in the Liverpool FC Discussion section.
2. Post general ramblings and stuff not really footie related in General chat.

easy as that.

Maybe we could have a Flaming section where we can go to abuse each other??
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:37 pm

Lee J wrote:Freedom of speech?

1. Post Liverpool FC topics and discussions in the Liverpool FC Discussion section.
2. Post general ramblings and stuff not really footie related in General chat.

easy as that.

Maybe we could have a Flaming section where we can go to abuse each other??

now isnt the time to make fun, but rooms to abuse each other?
thats on another type of website altogether mate

im here to chat football over there, and chat bollox over here.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:39 pm

aye me too. just an idea.

oh well soon be christmas...

...then we can have some nuts.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:42 pm

Lee, thats what we mods have been banging on about from day one.

One of the reasons I've had a go at Judge is because he's being posting nonsense in the football threads. OK, there is a problem with newbie members, but Judge has been here since last August and has had his fair share of run ins with the mods so he can't say that he doesn't know the score.

Judge has also been guilty of other stuff on this forum which I've spoken to him long and hard about over the past year, but he was still allowed to post here, despite all.

However, he's only interested in posting sleaze so I don't see the point in giving him more chances. AB and Stu would have been long banned from other forums, but despite their (now) occasional bad behaviour, they do contribute more than they take away.

It is a Liverpool FC forum first and foremost, and AB and Stu contribute stuff on Liverpool FC. All I ever see from Judge is t.it and W*nk jokes (and worse) so I asked him, straight out, why the hell is he on this forum? Surely there are other non Liverpool forums where t.it and W*nk jokes are more apt?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:59 am

oooooooo it seems the dummy is coming out of the pram from all directions here.

now as i will respond as a mature educated person who enjoys having a laugh. JBG this should never be aired in public no matter what your reasons are. if you have a problem and judge has continued after repeated warnings then you still keep it in private and just ban him.

a public 'outing' of something that may or may not have happened is not the way to deal with something and as a mod you should either understand that or dont be a mod. what you have done today is abused your position and i think you should apologise to judge. even if you are 100% certain that he has caused these indecretions you have no real right to make them public.

i say 'even if' for a reason, thats because there are too many people on here living in cloud cukoo land and wouldnt know the truth if it hit them on the back of a head with a shovel. you also need to be aware that someone can alter pms just as they can alter posts so again i ask you are you 100% certain with what you are saying.

i know people are annoyed with some of the cr@p on here at the moment but like i said in another post 'one mans spam is another mans cavier'. if you think the post is rubbish then dont read it, or are the mods now mindreaders and can decide what is interesting for other readers.

thats my tuppence thrown into the equation, everyone calm down and deal with things in a more proficient manner.

thank you
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:16 am

Returning to the original topic of this thread.

I was wondering how much the 'view latest post' button at the top of the page helps contribute to the spam.

IMO, its a onestop pathway to posting, no need to navigate and explore the other sections. and therefore a lesser understanding for the proper place for a certain type of post. eg discussing chelski, in the premiership section etc.

Don't get me wrong i love that button, but I only discovered about 2 months after i joined. I hate to think how much i would have posted in the wrong place if i had used that button from the start.

As for the other topic of discussion in this thread. I am new to forums as a whole and therefore have no baseline for judgement. all i can say is that I enjoy this forum very much. I joined not so much to contribute to LFC football discussion, but to learn and expand my knowledge from a source other than newspaper's, TV etc.

Ok that's it. :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:18 am

babu wrote:Returning to the original topic of this thread.

I was wondering how much the 'view latest post' button at the top of the page helps contribute to the spam.

IMO, its a onestop pathway to posting, no need to navigate and explore the other sections. and therefore a lesser understanding for the proper place for a certain type of post. eg discussing chelski, in the premiership section etc.

Don't get me wrong i love that button, but I only discovered about 2 months after i joined. I hate to think how much i would have posted in the wrong place if i had used that button from the start.

As for the other topic of discussion in this thread. I am new to forums as a whole and therefore have no baseline for judgement. all i can say is that I enjoy this forum very much. I joined not so much to contribute to LFC football discussion, but to learn and expand my knowledge from a source other than newspaper's, TV etc.

Ok that's it. :)

i always use the 'view latest posts button' its so much easier
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:46 am

:D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:51 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: :D

:D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:21 am

112-1077774096

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:37 am

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:39 am

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:15 am

peewee wrote:oooooooo it seems the dummy is coming out of the pram from all directions here.

now as i will respond as a mature educated person who enjoys having a laugh. JBG this should never be aired in public no matter what your reasons are. if you have a problem and judge has continued after repeated warnings then you still keep it in private and just ban him.

a public 'outing' of something that may or may not have happened is not the way to deal with something and as a mod you should either understand that or dont be a mod. what you have done today is abused your position and i think you should apologise to judge. even if you are 100% certain that he has caused these indecretions you have no real right to make them public.

i say 'even if' for a reason, thats because there are too many people on here living in cloud cukoo land and wouldnt know the truth if it hit them on the back of a head with a shovel. you also need to be aware that someone can alter pms just as they can alter posts so again i ask you are you 100% certain with what you are saying.

i know people are annoyed with some of the cr@p on here at the moment but like i said in another post 'one mans spam is another mans cavier'. if you think the post is rubbish then dont read it, or are the mods now mindreaders and can decide what is interesting for other readers.

thats my tuppence thrown into the equation, everyone calm down and deal with things in a more proficient manner.

thank you

thankx peewee.

i dont really blame anyone, but i do understand jbg's comments, but should never have aired them publicly, and indeed i did ask him not to. but i feel they have a hard enough job as it is.

however, i have over the last few weeks used those so called ''jokes'' and aimed them in the direction of jbg (a bit unfair of me), however, there are some things that i did not do that still ranks with me, but every one has their own opinion, i cant change that.
furthermore, i have only had talks with jbg on any matters arising and not any other moderator, as he points out.
one more thing, there were comments, now deleted about the scottish on this forum, i was born in scotland, and found these offensive, but nowt was said. i also had alot of bull from maximus, and indeed complained about that, but jbg was only interested in what some of his fave posters were saying. i am not innocent of all charges, but I WOULD NEVER SERIOUSLY HURT ANYONE. i saw it as harmless fun, i mean it is only the internet. apart from him bringing old wounds up, ive done very little apart from tease and goad folk. there is more to life than ourselves, and those recent rants about me publicly is just why this world is in sh'it state.

i would also like to thank woof, cheers mate

dont fu'ck off on my behalf, and i appreciate your broad mind

if anyone else has been offended then sorry, even to you maximus
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:55 am

Looks like I've incurred the wrath of the General Chat face party.

For a start peewee, I have no problems with you whatsoever, in fact I like you as I think you're funny and erudite and I like reading your posts.

However, you telling me to apologise to Judge for having a public go at him is hypocritical. You have been having a go at Zara on the forums for the past few months. I know what happened but thats between the two of you. Fair enough if you've got a problem with Zara, but how can you ask me to apologise to Judge when you've been washing your own dirty laundry in public?

As for public airing, what have I said about Judge in public? Judge left last December after a serious indiscretion and he asked me not to say anything about it on the public forums. I said to him that I wouldn't, so where have I posted it in public?

I lambasted Judge in public before for making borderline dodgy anti-muslim comments. I have no regrets in doing that.

I've also been told by 2 members that they left this forum because of the anti-gay comments made recently in General Chat.

I stand by my comments about Judge. In my view he either starts contributing to the forum and loses the sleaze or else he should go.
Last edited by JBG on Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:18 am

JBG wrote:Looks like I've incurred the wrath of the General Chat face party.

For a start peewee, I have no problems with you whatsoever, in fact I like you as I think you're funny and erudite and I like reading your posts.

However, you telling me to apologise to Judge for having a public go at him is hypocritical. You have been having a go at Zara on the forums for the past few months. I know what happened but thats between the two of you. Fair enough if you've got a problem with Zara, but how can you ask me to apologise to Judge when you've been washing your own dirty laundry in public?

As for public airing, what have I said about Judge in public? Judge left last December after a serious indiscretion and he asked me not to say anything about it on the public forums. I said to him that I wouldn't, so where have I posted it in public?

I lambasted Judge in public before for making borderline dodgy anti-muslim comments. I have no regrets in doing that.

I've also been told by 2 members that they left this forum because of the anti-gay comments made recently in General Chat.

I stand by my comments about Judge. In my view he either starts contributing to the forum and loses the sleaze or else he should go.

i made more anti gay comments than anyone else on here but i never recieved any pms to warn me and the issue has never been raised.

secondly how can you know what happened between zara and i when you have never bothered to ask me about it, or do you just listen to one side of the story or just assume whats going on. yes i made a few snide remarks in her direction but well deserved and they were never abusive, they merely pointed out that she has a tendency to lie and just agree with everything particular members say on here.however if you wish to read the emails she sent me i will happily forward them to you just to prove a point, unfortuantley i cant forward the telephone calls she made. also you have to understand that as a mod you should know better than to do it in public.

thirdly it now appears that you are also honolulu bob who joined in the gay thread and made comments about homosexuality.did you warn yourself.

i also have no problem with you JBG but what you posted today should have still been in private, and your post was abusive. you have a difficult task being a mod but please dont overstep the mark or you are just being dragged down to a lower level.

it seems tempers are being frayed on here at the moment for some reason and i dont actually enjoy coming on any more because of all the b1tching, i still come on though because some people on here are truly funny.

i defended judge because as i have already discussed zara used to call me and gossip, one of the arts of being a good liar is to have a good memory and she contradicted herself a few times when she talked about judge so i choose to take his alleged indiscretions with a pinch of salt.

i think certain people on here got very clicky and as such certain people were believed 100% when i know for a fact that they cant be fully believed.

what i have written here should really be in pm but as you chose to to make things public i now have to also respond that way.

i hope this is now an end to the matter and everyone should take a chill pill and start afresh
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum