Heimdall. - Does he get a fair crack of the whip?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:57 am

I see he's been banned today, and I know for certain many posters will be glad it is so. I'm going to ask a question here though that has been on my mind for a while, does the bloke get a fair rub on here?

Leaving aside his perpetually gloomy take on things (which he is fully entitled to surely?) I can't really see what he does to incite such strong feelings in a bunch of posters, a few of which openly abuse him seemingly whenever they feel like it. I've never seen him call anybody a c... (he may have done it but I've never seen it) and infact I don't think I've ever even seen him abuse anyone. I've seen him called the whole spectrum of insults off the forum, from the obvious fact that he's not "a real fan" (he's in good company there) to aspertions as to where he lives (incorrect anyway as he resides in the UK by all accounts). I've seen the completely irrelevent but undeniably accurate fact that he physically resembles one of the Muppets used against him, as well all things Scandinavian being blamed on him, from poor beer to impossibly falsettoed lead singers of 80's pop combo's, through to the admittedly annoyingly named Morten Gamst Peterson.

My opinion FWIW (which I know is feck all) is that he and people of his ilk add something to the forum. I like having him around, and if he is banned until after Christmas then IMHO the forum will be the poorer for it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:52 am

Heimdall has been getting cards for seemingly no reason lately.. I see Supersub (amongst others) calling him all sorts all over the board and then carding him for the silliest of things.. Obviously trying to get him banned so finally SS gets the job done somehow (for a change).. Its a shame really having some mods preaching about the forum being in such a bad state because of abuse and insults..etc and then having a mod contributing his fair share in the whole thing..
Im sorry i know some (BadBob seems like a fair guy) try to actually do their best but as a moderating team they've failed miserably in handling this particular situation...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanklygates » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:26 am

i am the new guy i realise this, so i cant comment really on any of the above.

but to me a mod is supposed to be diplomatic, and handle situations with a fairness and not on a personal level, you play by rules, you cant have a go at someone and then do it yourself.

mods are there to be respected and to give respect back.
shanklygates

Postby Effes » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 am

Outrageous that he's been banned if you ask me - what about Number9's attack on him in
the match thread?

Heimdall doesn't hardly ever post abuse himself.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:18 am

He winds people up on purpose should have been banned long ago, I dont even think hes a Liverpool fan TBH he comes out with so much sh!t its unreal.

And if someone claims to be a fan of us I use that word lightly because of Carslberg then he or she needs banning.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 am

I say ban us all for 3 seconds...

there, better?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:27 am

As long as someone isn't abusive, they can sa/post what they want IMO.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:56 am

Effes wrote:As long as someone isn't abusive, they can sa/post what they want IMO.

Yes I agree with that. I did notice that heimdall got a card the other day for Russian Doll posting, but there have been examples previously where practically the whole page was taken up with quotes. He does seem to come in for some fairly unsympathetic treatment from the mods to say the least, and in a couple of cases not only do they card him at the drop of a hat but they abuse him as well.

Equally, his treatment in general on the boards is quite unique I think. I cop a fair bit of flack myself but Heimdall gets a far bumpier ride than me even.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:52 am

No, I don't think Heimdall does get fair treatment either Mick.  I also agree with Ciggy that at times he seems to wind people up deliberately too, but IMO thats probably because he gets so much abuse in the first place. Certainly the shabby, pathetic treatment he has received lately is disgraceful.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:54 am

Looking at the rules I'm just upset I'm not allowed to be racist anymore. Spoiling all my fun lately :(
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:Looking at the rules I'm just upset I'm not allowed to be racist anymore. Spoiling all my fun lately :(

:D  May I offer a belated welcome back fella .......
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Cheers, my pigrimage went well, I learned a lot, my inner calm is at one with nature.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 pm

yeah, he can be a moaner, is certainly a recent fan and often says things contrary to popular belief on here. none of which seem to be reasonable reasons for the goading and abuse he receives on here. most people will bite back if they are sufficiently provoked.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Effes wrote:Outrageous that he's been banned if you ask me - what about Number9's attack on him in
the match thread?

Heimdall doesn't hardly ever post abuse himself.

:nod
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Arsed.
LFC2007

Next

Return to General Chat Forum