Economic crisis thread - Latest news/how it affects you

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:09 pm

Judge wrote:
s@int wrote:
Judge wrote:i think organ harvester s@int will be making a profit from the economic downturn :D

I am making a fortune selling organs on e bay, unfortunately I couldnt sell my organ, as me todger is very small and wouldnt make a chipolata stall in a german market

:D

:D   :laugh:  he got ya Saint Pmsl.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 pm

as misty once said to judge ''you always say some shit''

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm

if she sat on top you wouldnt see her face
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Homebooby wrote:From a pure standard of living perspective I agree that very little has changed provided you have fixed interest on your mortgage and haven't lost your job.

Thats the thing though,hundreds off thousands don't have this mortgage rate.Also thousands are being paid off every week in factories,building jobs,mortgage shops,call centres etc etc etc!

As for its to do with the press..BULLSH'IT..tell that to the 27000 who lost their jobs in Woolworths!

I think what you meant to say is you're own mortgage is safe and so is your job!Unfortunately there are millions out there living on a knife edge.
Everyones bound to know someone in dire straights.two mates of mine for example have been put on a 3 day week until further notice,there are plenty in the same boat and worse!

As for prices coming down,thats simply because traders know that people dont have the ££ to spend.Bring prices down or sell nothing,they have no choice!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:02 pm

So far weve been ok, as my husband is a property developer with the interest rates the way they are at the mo an the price of property dropping the way it has , i know its a risk buying at the mo an with me screamin down his ear not to touch anything, but touch wood it hasnt affected us yet
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:35 pm

Dundalk wrote:
dawson99 wrote:hmm

Shes a butterface

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butterface

she's a bit better in this one

not too shabby for the slightly older lady in my ever so humble opinion

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:50 pm

andy_g wrote: Image

Yeah she looks a lot better in the pic you posted Andy.  :nod
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Homebooby » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:37 am

Number 9 wrote:
Homebooby wrote:From a pure standard of living perspective I agree that very little has changed provided you have fixed interest on your mortgage and haven't lost your job.

Thats the thing though,hundreds off thousands don't have this mortgage rate.Also thousands are being paid off every week in factories,building jobs,mortgage shops,call centres etc etc etc!

As for its to do with the press..BULLSH'IT..tell that to the 27000 who lost their jobs in Woolworths!

I think what you meant to say is you're own mortgage is safe and so is your job!Unfortunately there are millions out there living on a knife edge.
Everyones bound to know someone in dire straights.two mates of mine for example have been put on a 3 day week until further notice,there are plenty in the same boat and worse!

As for prices coming down,thats simply because traders know that people dont have the ££ to spend.Bring prices down or sell nothing,they have no choice!

I don't want to cause offence to anyone affected by this and so I hope that my comments are taken in the manner in which they are intended just as open discussion.

I am actually based in Amsterdam and don't know anyone at this point who are impacted personally by this, either here in the UK. I specifically asked around about this when I went home for Christmas and I have a load of UK based colleagues whom I have also polled who are not feeling it yet.

A lot of my mates are in trades and that is where they are saying they are seeing in, in pricing and margins being reduced etc, hence my comments. I can only speak from what I know.

It's easy to point at a company like Woolworths, but I don't know very much about the situation. For all I know they could have been in the equivalent position of Leeds United, living on a knife edge and this sent them over.

Before I get slammed here, I haven't done any real research into that situation, so if I am way off, point me in the right direction and I will read up  :D

I can't agree that the media doesn't influence this stuff, just plain and simple cos I think it does. I have no issue with you disagreeing with me though.

As for my job being safe, you noted the numerous times I have been laid off in my previous post? I.T. is never safe.
Homebooby

Postby Effes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 am

andy_g wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
dawson99 wrote:hmm

Shes a butterface

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butterface

she's a bit better in this one

I remember seeing her on TV pregnant a while ago - a lot of women go a bit pear-shaped after kids.

But she did used to look boss, as in the 2nd photo.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:11 am

Number 9 wrote:Thats the thing though,hundreds off thousands don't have this mortgage rate.Also thousands are being paid off every week in factories,building jobs,mortgage shops,call centres etc etc etc!

Thats about it. The problem is, this country is greedy. Starting from the government and work your way down. Despite the doom and gloom that is happening, who is being hit worse? the rich folk who put us in this mess? of course not, they look after there own. Looking at the year past, its not just money, its lives at risk. You look at the authorities in charge of Baby P, there goal was to meet the requirements set by the standards set by the government to ensure goals were met by there standards, it was unfortunate with Baby P, he really did need help.

Look at the reaction since this problem, the credit crunch. Its the unemployed who are the problem, they are soaking up all the resources, not the banks, or the rich tax dodgers, its our fault for being unemployed. Its our fault because we are out of work and fall below the standards of being employed because of where we live, having a family to support and above all not being able to invest in projects set up by the government.

People who were working and now unemployed are now falling into that "your fault" trap, and its sick.

Its time the government was changed, its time the companies and individuals making money from this country and giving nothing back were brought to account. Its time to treat everyone fairly, across the board. But that wont happen for a long time, because as long as someone is low enough to be kicked, they will be.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:41 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Thats the thing though,hundreds off thousands don't have this mortgage rate.Also thousands are being paid off every week in factories,building jobs,mortgage shops,call centres etc etc etc!

Thats about it. The problem is, this country is greedy. Starting from the government and work your way down. Despite the doom and gloom that is happening, who is being hit worse? the rich folk who put us in this mess? of course not, they look after there own. Looking at the year past, its not just money, its lives at risk. You look at the authorities in charge of Baby P, there goal was to meet the requirements set by the standards set by the government to ensure goals were met by there standards, it was unfortunate with Baby P, he really did need help.

Look at the reaction since this problem, the credit crunch. Its the unemployed who are the problem, they are soaking up all the resources, not the banks, or the rich tax dodgers, its our fault for being unemployed. Its our fault because we are out of work and fall below the standards of being employed because of where we live, having a family to support and above all not being able to invest in projects set up by the government.

People who were working and now unemployed are now falling into that "your fault" trap, and its sick.

Its time the government was changed, its time the companies and individuals making money from this country and giving nothing back were brought to account. Its time to treat everyone fairly, across the board. But that wont happen for a long time, because as long as someone is low enough to be kicked, they will be.

You are right mate.I was out of work for about 5 months and it was 100% because of the credit crunch.The building stopped practically over night here so there were no houses needing Plumbing/heating put in.As a result about 50% of the workforce in the building trade were made jobless and I was one of the casualties.

Its a laugh when you go and ask for help with income/rent etc.After paying tax every week for 16 years I was made to feel as if you are a tramp asking for help.Why are you not working?Well because there are no jobs advertised in what I do..Im not qualified to do anything else!
Well retrain they said.They offered me to work in an office learning IT for 6 months 9-5 for an extra £15 a week! :laugh:
But I dont want to work in an office,I dont want IT qualifications.I went to college for 4 years because I wanted to do what I do.Well if you dont take this job we will stop your money!
Shower of kunts.It was a fight time and time again to get what Id paid tax for since I began work.
Never wanna be back there again..Im glad I got a good job now and lifes good!

The thing is though I dont mind this hard approach to bums that dont want to work and screw the system for everything they can get.But if a person who genuinely wants to work is out of work because of the current climate they should be given a bit more help..not treated like a scum bag,dole for life bum!

I guess the government would argue..that everyone is treated the same.In some circumstances though thats not on!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:08 am

I agree Barry - they should "fast-track" people who have not been on benefits for years.

They should look at how long you've been in employment; say if you've worked non-stop for the
past 12 years they should give you "upgraded" benefits etc.

The @rsewipes who've been bumming off the dole for years should get "downgraded" to a few
quid, a ball of string, and half a peg a week.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:41 am

People who lose their jobs now should be on a much better dole than the scum who have never worked.

This crises is because we had the biggest property boom ever built on really lower interest rates and the fear that if you didn't buy now it would be 10% more next year. Also, we are all greedy, I myself bought a second property from plans on the basis that property always goes up (spot the flaw :D ) but thankfully got is sold a year ago when things began to go t!ts up.

Falling property means construction workers and many others lose their jobs, then banks have their massive losses and layoffs, media hype it up even more to put the fear into us so we stop spending so there are more job losses, so we are more fearful and cut back more so more losses etc.

The fault is that the governments did NOT control the lending policies of the banks so they created a bubble. If there had been no bubble and just slow steady increase then we'd all be fine and have much smaller mortgages to repay too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum