Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:12 pm

Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:16 pm

Jari's mullet wrote:If anyone likes the Japanese director Takeshi 'beat' Kitano (he is the teacher in Battle Royal who eats the cookies) who did Sonataine and Zaotichi, i watched a class movie by him the other day called 'are you getting any'.  Its about this Japanese dude who is desperate to get laid, it is absolutely hilarious, it is so bizarre I can't even explain the content, but trust me, its worth a watch.

'Beat' Takeshi is a class director/writer/actor!
Sonitine is an excellent movie and his Hollywood effort 'Brother' is also a good watch.

Also check out his 'Takeshi's castle' stuff from the 80's! haha. (he's the guy in the big tank at the final challange, the one with the stupidly powerful water cannons!  I don't think i've ever seen anyone win on takeshi's castle!)
Last edited by Piewhack on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:18 pm

I watched Oldboy on wednesday and its Audition for me on Sunday, this thread has inspired me to have my own japenese movie season in my home, after that it will be Ichi the Killer and then The Eye, cant wait, im going to be fu*king warped by this sh!t.

:D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:26 pm

Good man Gmac , you got the right idea :D  Those links at the top of this page should provide you with some good reviews.

Glad you liked "Oldboy" .What a movie !  a fiendishly inventive plot , where do they get these idea's from  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:33 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Good man Gmac , you got the right idea :D  Those links at the top of this page should provide you with some good reviews.

Glad you liked "Oldboy" .What a movie !  a fiendishly inventive plot , where do they get these idea's from  :D

Incredible Woof, serious, the ending had me simply gobsmacked, When the story builds up and comes together like that at the end of the movie like that nothing beats it, seriously one of the best if not the best endings to a film ive seen.

As soon as i watch the the rest ill be right on here posting me little reviews, If anything i watch now gets near to Oldboy i will be well happy.

As for the ideas, who knows, it comes from the mind of a genius in my opinion.

And to take a quote from Eric Cartman
"That movie has warped my fragile little mind"  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:38 pm

dark water the japanese version is the film that freaked me out most recently. but itchi the killer for complete madness is tops too
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:48 pm

dawson99 wrote:dark water the japanese version is the film that freaked me out most recently. but itchi the killer for complete madness is tops too

Yeah ,dont think I'm giving anything away when I say the scene in Itchi the Killer with that guy suspended starkers a few feet above the floor by dozens of fish hooks while the bad guys ladle boiling cooking oil over him has got be one of the most twisted scenes I've ever seen .

Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:50 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
dawson99 wrote:dark water the japanese version is the film that freaked me out most recently. but itchi the killer for complete madness is tops too

Yeah ,dont think I'm giving anything away when I say the scene with that guy suspended starkers a few feet above the floor by dozens of fish hooks while the bad guys ladle boiling cooking oil over him has got be one of the most twisted scenes I've ever seen .

Ok that swayed it the japenese Dark Water is now on my list.

Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Garymac wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Yeah ,dont think I'm giving anything away when I say the scene with that guy suspended starkers a few feet above the floor by dozens of fish hooks while the bad guys ladle boiling cooking oil over him has got be one of the most twisted scenes I've ever seen .

Ok that swayed it the japenese Dark Water is now on my list.

Sorry Gmac ,should clarify ,thats in Itchi the Killer .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:51 pm

ok, gary mac, what u need:

itchi the killer - insane
audition - twisted
dark water - scary
battle royale (maybe 2 as well if desperate) - action
infernal affairs - clever
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:59 pm

Seen battle Royale, the rest are on me list except infernal affairs ( i think you made a spelling mistake Dawsonio but i dont want to correct you in case Infernal is a actual word and i look like a nob) Im not comfortable with my own knowledge, its not the greatest to say the least, which probably explains a lot.

And ill stil get dark Water anyway but i want Ichi the killer so bad now  :nod

Thanks once again my Japanese movie correspondents  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:09 pm

inFernal affairs is a japanese film, made into a trilogy, starring the excellant andy lau.

its also being remade as we speak by martin scorsese and starring matt damon, leo de caprio, martin sheen, jack nicholson, mark whalberg and ray wistone... and this remake will iwn martin scorsese the best film oscar of 2007 :blues:
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:inFernal affairs is a japanese film, made into a trilogy, starring the excellant andy lau.

its also being remade as we speak by martin scorsese and starring matt damon, leo de caprio, martin sheen, jack nicholson, mark whalberg and ray wistone... and this remake will iwn martin scorsese the best film oscar of 2007 :blues:

Hahaha see the way i doubted my own knowledge before i doubted yours with Infernal affairs  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby zuokao » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:48 am

As a Chinese also like movie, I recommend you guys the following which catching on in Asia :

The Promise (oriental Ring , the visual impression really pulls you into the movie )
If Love ( artistic, moving )
Robbie fowler 4ever !!
zuokao

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:00 pm

the series The Water Margin is currently on ITV 4 at 6.00pm. Brilliant series for those whoi remember it.. Ling Chung and co battling the Kao Chew..

I have the 26 episode DVD collection.. :) Awesome still
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum