Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:11 pm

drummerphil wrote:totally lost with all this...........i've only ever seen monkey and the water margin.

:D  You don't know what yer missing Phil , Asians cinema rocks   :buttrock

Cheers Dawsino , guess I'll put IA 3 on my list ( Christ ,I'm running out of paper !  :D )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:39 pm

drummerphil wrote:totally lost with all this...........i've only ever seen monkey and the water margin.

yehar phil  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:24 pm

Judge wrote:

wahayyy  thats Lin Chung
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:27 pm

Some reviews .

Oldboy
Oh Dae-su (Choi Min-sik) is an ordinary Seoul businessman with a wife and little daughter who, after a drunken night on the town, is locked up in a strange, private "prison." No one will tell him why he's there or who his jailer is. The imprisonment last for 15 years until one day when Dae-su finds himself unexpectedly deposited on a grass-covered high-rise roof, determined to discover the mysterious enemy who had him locked up. (Tartan Films)

Ichi the Killer
Ichi The Killer is not only one of the best films put out last year, it is also one of the most sadistc and unyielding films ever made. This is Takashi Miike's adaptation of a famous Japanese manga and he does so with unyielding violence, gore, sadism, taboo breaking and the like. However, what makes this film stand on it's own is the fact that it has a great storyline, good plot, great sense of style, and is very well cast for it's actors. Combine this with more twist and turns in the story than you can shake a stick at along with ample amounts of black humor and you have a film that deinately leave it's mark.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:45 pm

Just a reminder , last part of Jonathan Ross's examination of Asian film is on tonight .BBC 4 10pm focus on Korea .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:08 am

woof woof ! wrote:Enjoyed that one Ani ,a good laugh . Equally funny was a Korean movie called "Arahan" slightly similar storyline to kung fu hustle but more violence mixed in with the laughs ,worth watching if you haven't yet seen it.

never intentionally watching korean film, i'll look for that one, cheers,

still cracks me up this:

:D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:40 am

the korean section was one of my favourites so far, as im a big fan of park. I saw sympathy for mrs vengeance the other day and i have to say its fantastic, a total remake would have to be made. ont know why last night they didnt mention 2009: lost memories. Its south korean and tells the story that what if north korea had joined forces with america in WW2 instead of japan. Its a semi-futuristic sci fi action plot with the dazzle only asian movies can give and i lvoed it. also by looking at it it must have cost a fair few quid and its political as well.

Good job ross on JSA tho, the film that got me into the park films in the first place
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:48 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:still cracks me up this:

:D

:D  Yeah ,she was my favourite character in the movie . I once had a landlady in Thailand who was just like her .  :D .

Looking back a the entire series Dawsino ,although J Ross gets a round of applause from me it is far from being a standing ovation .

Far too many important genres were virtually ignored e.g. Japan are stll turning out fantastic samurai films (as they always have ) Twilight Samurai , When the Last Sword is Drawn etc and yet they never got a mention,Even Korea is heavily into historical sword epics , Musa the Warrior ,Sword in the Moon , but again not explored . Was also disappointed at the lack of exposure in the HK section for actresses such as Maggie Cheung and Bridgette Lin.

Still ,you have to hand it to Ross , he loves his Asian film and managed to blag a three center jolly by pitching this idea to tv execs .  :D

I've not seen JSA despite having read many positive reviews . It's now on my list .  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:53 pm

anything by park is gonna look awesome, but sympathy for lady vengeance was just stunning in pace and the scare factor
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:44 pm

Been hearing good reviews for Samo Hung's latest movie.
It's called Sha Po Lang i think but it's meant to be samo back at his best.
I don't know anything about the movie yet, but my Dad is coming back from HK at the end of the month and i've asked him to get me a copy of the movie.. so i'll let you know if its any good.

anyone else heard about this movie?
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:51 pm

its the father son everyone movie right? good cop bad cop mafia martial arts extravaganza is the onl way i could explain it lol
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:03 am

Piewhack wrote:Been hearing good reviews for Samo Hung's latest movie.
It's called Sha Po Lang i think but it's meant to be samo back at his best.

anyone else heard about this movie?

HKFlix Says:  4 Stars
It's wonderful to see quality returning to Hong Kong films. SPL offers a clear example of genuine effort and talent in the writing, acting, and action. It's definitely a crime-drama first, and a martial arts film last, but the quality is undeniable.
Plot: Officer Ma (Donnie Yen) is a principled cop whose martial arts skills and reputation for violence introduce tension to his precinct. But the death of a cop who was planted undercover in crime boss Po's (Sammo Hung) gang only further disrupts the balance.
Overview: In this good-cop-versus-bad-gangster action thriller, Detective Chan (Simon Yam) relentlessly pursues crime boss Po (Sammo Hung), but eventually gives up in frustration and looks toward retirement. His replacement, Ma (Donnie Yen, "Iron Monkey", "Blade II" and "Hero"), is a principled, committed cop who is skilled in martial arts and has a reputation for violence. The newcomer introduces tension into the established ranks of the battle-scarred precinct. The death of a cop who was planted undercover in Po's gang further disrupts the balance of truth and justice.
Cast: Sammo Hung Kam-Bo, Donnie Yen Ji-Dan, Jacky Wu Jing, Simon Yam Tat-Wah, Liu Kai-Chi, Kenji Tanigaki, Timmy Hung Tin-Ming, Ken Cheung Chi-Yiu, Uncle Ba Suk, Austin Wai Tin-Chi, Ha Shiu-Sing, Vincent Sze. . . (Click any actor to search for more of their movies!)
Running Time: 94 mins. (approx.)
Languages: Cantonese (DTS 6.1 Surround)
Cantonese (Dolby Digital 6.1 Surround)
Cantonese (Dolby Digital 2.0 - Stereo)
Mandarin (Dolby Digital 6.1 Surround)
Subtitles: ENGLISH, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified)
Distributor: Deltamac  [A Hong Kong-Based Distributor]

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:20 am

Think twice before you take the p'iss out of the guy at your local chinese takeaway .    :D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:55 pm

Theres a film on tonight called Pon aKA as Phone, about a girl who gets a mobile and every who has her number gets murdered any one seen it is it any good?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:04 am

Judge wrote:

Its back on........

itv 4 on a saturday night at 6 oclock,watched it earlier
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum