Anfield adorer

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:02 pm

Anfieldadorer, I think we have a few excellent players, not necessarily all are workd-class but excellent none the less, and Gerrard has stood out because he has been playing his heart out and given his talents stood out much more than the rest.

Liverpool's squad comprise of other talents who can shine more if they can be moulded into an effective unit and play together like our teams of the past. The Liverpool team of the golden eras were a group of excellent individuals coupled to some good but hard working players. For every Keegans, Sounesses, Dalglishs, Hansens, Rushes and all, we also had the Sammy Lees, Nicols, Kennedys.

What I am trying to get at is that it is the team and their desire to play for each other and the manager's management and tactics which makes them winners. No one player, no matter how world-class he is, is above the team.

As much as we love Gerrard, we now have a winner as a manager. He knows how to win and he has repeated his success to prove that it is not a flash in the pan. His team even outplayed us home and away that some of our players have even expressed admiration for his team's organisation. Let Benitez try to convince Gerrard when he returns from Euro 2004. If he decides to stay, then good for all of us. If he decides otherwise, let's make sure we make the most of the transfer and ger the repalcements and reinforcements fast and get on with it.

Players are human capital and not like other forms of capital. Even with a long term contract, if he does not have the heart and desire to stay, it is best that we let him go. Otherwise it will have an undesirable effect on the others.

For me, as a fan, I hope Gerrard gives Benitez the chance to instill his ideas and put them into motion for at least one season and see how it goes. After all, he is at home in Liverpool, he is the club captain and he is adored by the fans like you and me
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby JBG » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:12 pm

I smell a rat here..... :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:27 pm

Yeah the Duc du Camenbert Le Grand Fromage has been at it again, the guys a kleptomaniac (do I hear him rustling through his dictionary ?):D :D :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:51 pm

Its an article from the Echo unless I'm sadly mistaken.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:57 pm

He nicked it of me, but he Slipped me a tenner and a pack of lard so he is alrite, i will let him of :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:34 am

Cheeso, you should sue azriahmad for stealing your best said ever in your life!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:59 pm

Quote (anfieldadorer @ June 22 2004,03:34)

Anfieldadorer, who copied whom? I typed those words exactly yesterday morning, aome 8,000 or 10,000 miles from England, in Kuala Lumpur where I live.

It is OK, as Cheesey chose to copy my words, it means that he decided that my words are well put together, that or he is taking the mickey out of me and I am not cheesed off! pun intended...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:12 pm

actually i never read it ,  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby taff » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:35 pm

Having the ability to read would help I suppose :p
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:05 pm

taff wrote:Having the ability to read would help I suppose :p

well if i can write surely i can read ?

DUH sheepshagger :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:11 pm

You could have cut and pasted it, Cheeso, so strictly speaking, you didn't have to be able to read or write it.

For all you know it could have been a phonebooth ad advertising your sister's "wares".  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:39 pm

azriahmad wrote:Quote (anfieldadorer @ June 22 2004,03:34)

Anfieldadorer, who copied whom? I typed those words exactly yesterday morning, aome 8,000 or 10,000 miles from England, in Kuala Lumpur where I live.

It is OK, as Cheesey chose to copy my words, it means that he decided that my words are well put together, that or he is taking the mickey out of me and I am not cheesed off! pun intended...

:D
azri, i didn't know if you'd take it that seriously
I think we all know who cheeso is
I actually aimed my gun at him: "for stealing your best said ever in your life!"
just being a bit cynical to him
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:45 pm

Hey cheesie Ill set you up with some sheep if you want you sound the type
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:27 pm

sheep :D  fluffy and white, you couldnt ask for more :laugh:
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:39 pm

Anfieldadorer, I like to post and read the threads here, and I really enjoy it. I am not at all pi$$ed or really taking things like this with any undue seriousness.

The threads are good, the only exception was Big Ben and he seems to have dropped out. That guy argues with nothing but abuse and anger and we don't really need that in life...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum