Seeing is believing. - My trip anfield.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:11 pm

Thought I would share this with you ,

On my first trip upto Anfield I was with a couple of mates and we came up on one of those coaches,with other Liverpool fans.

We arrived a couple of hours before the match , so we headed upto this social club/pub. We walked up this street , the one directly across from the big gates where Shankly stands.

Anyway we crossed the road , and this bloke had just got out his car and I heard, ay , ay give us a quid and we'll watch your car.
We carried on walking so I dont no what the man did.
We headed towards what looked liked a prison from the outside , a concrete box with windows that had vertical bars running down them, I can remeber thinking WTF.

It was the pub , after a couple of pints of John Smiths ( which I might add were something like a quid 25, GREAT  :buttrock )
These two kids from outside the same two demanding money from car parkers outside ran in the pub and where trying to nick wallets and purses off the table.
Me and my mates were gobsmacked , these kids had more front than Blackpool. The barman though leapt over the bar and chased them out. As he was heading back to the bar the kids came in and tried it again , the barman turned around and tried to catch em again.
By this time we were p,issing ourselves laughing , it was like something out of a cartoon. In the end Im sure the kids were doing it just to get a chase out of him , and he obliged.

So we went to the game where we beat Coventry 3-0 , Titi Camara scored a cracker ! I might add.

Walking back to the coach afterwards and the kids were still at it. This time though they were trying to get onto the coach we came up in . The poor coach driver was being run a muck and he ushered us onto the coach as quick as possible , to get us the f#ck out of there .

I was wondering if anyone has encountered these antics at home games,and the locals must surely have some of these kinda stories to tell . c'mon lets have em.
66-1112520797

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:59 pm

those kids were lando, woollyback, hawkmoon and jmac :D  :D , little buggers when they were young uns :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:13 pm

I lived in the Anfield area until about four months ago, about a ten minute walk from the ground off West Derby Road.  When I'd go the match, I'd come out the front door and they'd ask me if I wanted my car minding.  The little shits, I told them I lived there and nobody was going to touch it anyway, scruffy little bastards. 

I hated living round there, I had my passenger window done twice while I was living there, so I kept the car in a garage after that, then the garage got broken into and they left the car and talk a fucking petrol lawnmower.  I haven't got a car now so I don't have to worry about shit like that anymore.

Crazy people round the Anfield area of Liverpool I can tell you.
jonnymac1979

Postby neil » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:21 pm

I once lived on Westminster rd, just off County rd by Goodison, on matchdays the little tykes were everywhere, mooching round the cars, shouting at the older folk. I used to thank Christ when kick-off approached when they finally all went in the ground.  :laugh:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:38 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Crazy people round the Anfield area of Liverpool I can tell you.

Cheers Jonny but dont tar all us from Anfield with the same brush!!

Must admit it is mad like, i get asked by someone every game if they can mind my car and i dont even fu*king have one, and half the time i know the kid who is asking me!

Triffic story that though Bamaga Man and next time just stick to the Sandon mate, its sound for a bevvy before the game.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:52 pm

Have you ever drank in The Belmont regularly though Gary?  Crazy mate!!!!! :D :laugh: :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Garymac » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:58 pm

Bad boozer that Jonny! Ill only go to the Sandon and Dodds before the game but sometimes go to the shanks Bar on therlmere road which isnt bad for a bevvy. Did your kid tell you ive been suspended! on full pay though so its laughin!!!

Oh and i read on another forum you had, had a bevvy with who the hell is diarra, i used to work with him and work with his brother now and you are right, his beard is tremendous!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:51 pm

I drank regularly in The Belmont for about two years.  Believe it or not, I liked the atmosphere in there.  All the freaks in there made me laugh, and they all looked out for me in a weird way.  Had some fine nights in there watching the Reds, couldn't get tickets for Olympiakos and Arsenal games last season and they were about four days apart from each other if you recall.  You will also remember they had the most dramatic finsishes to any other games last season with Gerrard and Mellors' long range efforts bringing the house down in both games.  I was in The Belmont both those nights and the atmosphere was incredible, especially when it seemed like the whole of Anfield poured into the boozer afterwards and carried on singing.  Special nights mate.

I got into a couple of skirmishes in there though with a couple of knobheads who were giving me and my ex-girlfriend shit for no reason, and for the last six months I lived in Anfield, I must have went there about four times in total.  It just got too much for me, there are dickheads who drink in there who will gladly go home and come back with a knife to do you in, that's if they're not carrying a knife already.  A lad I know was murdered a couple of weeks back in a pub in Toxteth, it's been all over the Echo, you'll have seen it.  I was only talking to him a couple of days before I went on holiday, absolutely shocking.  You've got to be careful in some of these boozers, especially if you're not used to the rough bastards who drink in them.

Yeah, I was out with your crew from your work in The Queens about three weeks back, me and our Dave were looking out for you.  He did tell me you'd been suspended but he asked me to say nothing to you on here so I never......

WTHID needs a fucking shave, he said he was going to log back on here but he hasn't yet I don't think.  I don't mind the Sandon, watched the Super Cup final against CSKA in there and got smashed.  Was chasing this sweet little barmaid in there but nothing came of it.....
jonnymac1979

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:02 pm

Judge wrote:those kids were lando, woollyback, hawkmoon and jmac :D  :D , little buggers when they were young uns :D

Fuck you Judge -  :D  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 pm

Yeah Jonny been off for about 6 weeks now so ive not been the queens or into town since ive been off, but since its payday next week im going in to see all the lads and that from work next friday for a good session i think, so try and get round the queens next friday if your out for a bevvy with your Kid after work.

Glad you fitted in fine in the Belmont! Thats what i find with most good Boozers Jonny, there decent for about 6 months then Gangs of :censored: get on to there good boozers and make them sh!te for everyone else.

The best thing to do is go to the worst looking boozer you can find and you know when you go inside you will already expect disappointment, therefore softening the blow of the fact the pints taste like p!ss!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:22 pm

Garymac wrote:So try and get round the queens next friday if your out for a bevvy with your Kid after work.

I only got back off holiday yesterday and I speant a shitload of cash, more than I thought I would to be honest, but our Dave has already invited me on that night out next Friday.  He said he'd lend me money but I don't know if I'll make it or not.  I hate borrowing money off anyone, especially our Dave.

Believe it or not, I just feel like taking it easy, normally I'm gagging for a bevvy, I'm out after work most nights of the week, but all I am looking forward to doing for a couple of weeks is early nights mate!!!!  Need some rest, I bladdered it on that holiday!!!!

We got back yesterday afternoon after nearly 24 hours flying and waiting around for connecting flights.  I was in bed by 20:00pm last night so I missed the Palace game.  The other three lads I was on holiday with were back out like the animals they are in the local last night, showing off the suntans and our hols photos, they said it was sound, I'm gutted I missed it, but my appetite for drinking has diminished for the time being.

Having said that, if they're going round there tonight, I'm there!!!!!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby Garymac » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:47 pm

Well you know where ill be if you come to your senses!!

Me mate went straight out after 2 weeks in Magaluf cos he come back on a Thursday and then went out with us after work on the Friday, people like that are just wrong, i go away for 3 days and spend a week in bed!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:34 pm

get a room
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:07 am

Judge wrote:those kids were lando, woollyback, hawkmoon and jmac :D  :D , little buggers when they were young uns :D

:laugh:
Ooh you bitch!!!!!  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:11 am

imagine saying that
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum