anders behring breivik,nuts or not??

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:51 pm

seriously? what is the deal with this lad and why are they televising his trial to potentially millions of other fanatics out there who probably view him as a legend :veryangry .
he sits there in his seat so smugly,smiling and smirking at the carnage he caused and he has the gaul to admit that he is disapointed he couldnt finish off what he started.
imo he shouldnt even have a trial and should be brought outside and made to bite the kerb like that scene from american history x rather than let him air his twisted plot to the world,either that or a one way ticket to pakistan.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 pm

No death penalty in Norway !

Therefore he gets to live, even if its within a padded cell.

Surely a tragic traffic accident could be arranged?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:59 pm

the armed police should have just shot him on sight...the guy's scum and shouldn't be allowed to breathe the same air as the rest of us.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Yeah, it's kind of ***** up seeing that retard with that smile on his face. Just killing the guy isn't going to cut it. He should be tortured until he begs for death. f*cking lunatic.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:13 pm

I hope he is declared insane. He has already stated that being kept in a mental hospital would be his worst nightmare.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:57 am

he won't though. he'll be declared sane, i'm certain of it. throughout the trial he's been able to talk about his acts with reason (by his own terms) and objectivity, and has even described how difficult it was for him to shoot people at first. he's also been very clear about the political objectives behind what he was doing, and spoke about how he'd tried other ways to push through his anti multicultural agenda before deciding that killing people was the way forward.

for him, there are rational and methodical aspects to everything he has done. there have been no voices, no mania, no delusions or anything.

the best we can hope for is that he stays in prison for the rest of his life. preferably in solitary and completely cut off from the world.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:53 am

andy_g » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 am wrote:he won't though. he'll be declared sane, i'm certain of it. throughout the trial he's been able to talk about his acts with reason (by his own terms) and objectivity, and has even described how difficult it was for him to shoot people at first. he's also been very clear about the political objectives behind what he was doing, and spoke about how he'd tried other ways to push through his anti multicultural agenda before deciding that killing people was the way forward.

for him, there are rational and methodical aspects to everything he has done. there have been no voices, no mania, no delusions or anything.

the best we can hope for is that he stays in prison for the rest of his life. preferably in solitary and completely cut off from the world.

I'm not so sure.

Today's Times report on the prosecution attorney paints a different picture.

The persistent questioning of Inga Bejer Engh, 41, has slowly stripped bare Breivik’s grandiose portrayal of a pan-European nationalist revolution. Under her insistent probing, Breivik admitted that his 1,500-page manifesto was deliberately “pompous” to “sell a dream” as it became clear that the 50-strong network of Knights Templar was actually the product of a misfit’s warped imagination.

it goes on to say...

As Ms Engh searched for more details about the alleged founding meeting of his mythical organisation, Breivik eventually snapped that it was actually “four sweaty guys in a basement”.

For me only someone insane is able to commit a crime of this magnitude.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:34 am

when they start using phrases like 'a misfit's warped imagination' it only serves to influence our opinions in a certain direction. to invent a story about some network that justifies your actions isn't exactly insanity. breivik is without a doubt fúcked up but i'm not convinced he's insane.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Apparently those who have interviewed Breivik and read his "manifesto" can find no evidence of insanity. His fears about the islamification of the West are shared by many people who are neither insane nor extremist.

His actions are a different story. It's rational of him to blame the Left wing Labour party for opening the doors to immigration - just as a lot of people in the UK blame NL for losing control of immigration - but it's very strange to think that murdering a lot of young Labour supporters will help his cause. It's done exactly the opposite.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:42 pm

THE gunman behind the Norway massacres said he was inspired by al-Qaeda as he took the stand at his trial, after a judge who called for him to face the death penalty was dismissed.

Rightwing extremist Anders Behring Breivik said his attacks last year were aimed at defending "ethnic Norwegians" from rising multiculturalism, and that he "would have done it again."

Insisting "universal human rights" gave him the mandate to carry out his acts, he described himself as a "militant nationalist" and, using the pronoun 'we' to suggest he was part of a larger group, added: "We have drawn from al-Qaeda and militant Islamists."

"You can see al-Qaeda as the most successful militant group in the world," Breivik told the court during questioning on the second day of the trial.

Granted clearance earlier to address the court with a prepared text, Breivik described his killing of 77 people on July 22 last year as a "preventive" attack to avoid a European culture war with Muslims.

After describing Christians as "a persecuted minority," the 33-year-old asked the court to acquit him while making clear he had no remorse over the bomb attack in central Oslo and shooting spree on a nearby island.

Breivik said that spending his life in prison or dying for his people would be "the biggest honour."

Breivik had been granted 30 minutes to speak but ended up lecturing for 73 minutes, as chief judge Wenche Elizabeth Arntzen repeatedly urged him to wrap up quickly, though the prosecution supported Breivik's wish to go on.

On July 22 last year, Breivik first killed eight people when he set off a bomb in a van parked outside buildings housing the offices of Labour Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, who was not present at the time.

He then travelled to Utoeya island where, dressed as a police officer, he spent more than an hour methodically shooting at hundreds of people attending a ruling Labour Party youth summer camp.

The shooting spree claimed 69 lives, mostly teens trapped on the small heart-shaped island surrounded by icy waters. It was the deadliest massacre ever committed by a lone gunman.

Breivik evoked the idea of accomplices, telling the court during questioning that two other one-person "cells" existed.

"I am a self-run and independent cell, and I am connected to two others," he told the Oslo District Court.

Police have previously said they had not been able to prove he had accomplices.

In his address to the judges, Breivik compared the Labour Party's youth wing AUF to the Hitler Youth, saying he targetted them on Utoeya because "most AUFs are naive and indoctrinated".

"These were not innocent children, but political activists," Breivik argued, as survivors and relatives of the victims shook their heads in disbelief and grew impatient for him to finish.

Television and radio were banned from broadcasting his remarks as there had been widespread concerns prior to the trial that Breivik would use his testimony as a platform to spread his Islamophobic and anti-immigration ideology to the masses.

Breivik described his attacks as "the most spectacular operation conducted by a militant nationalist this century" and claimed that "rivers of blood caused by Muslims" are now flowing in European cities.

"Multiculturalism is a self-destructive ideology," he said.

During questioning by Prosecutor Inga Bejer Engh later, Breivik said he had toned down his address to spare the feelings of the survivors and victims of the families.

"I have never had any intention to act in an unacceptable way towards the (survivors and relatives) - I have no intention of adding to the(ir) burden," he said.

"I can't even comprehend the suffering I have caused," he added.

He also explained why he had cried in court the previous day, when a 12-minute Islamophobic video he made and broadcast on the internet on the day of the attacks was screened in the courtroom.

"Because my country is in the process of dying - it was the sorrow over seeing my country... deconstructed," he said.

Breivik spoke in a calm and collected manner throughout the proceedings, and was cooperative during questioning, which had a friendly tone.

The day's proceedings were delayed for around 30 minutes at the start of the day after it emerged one of the five judges had posted a message on a website the day after the killings suggesting Breivik should be sentenced to death.

"The death penalty is the only fair outcome in this case!!!!," Thomas Indreboe, one of the two lay judges on the panel, wrote on July 23 last year.

Following a submission from both the defence and prosecution teams, Indreboe was deemed unfit and replaced by one of two substitute judges, Anne Elisabeth Wisloeff, already present in court.

"The lay judge himself has acknowledged that he made these comments on July 23," Arntzen told the court.

The death penalty does not exist in Norway.

If he is found sane, Breivik risks a 21-year jail term, which could then be extended indefinitely if he is still considered a threat to society. If he is found insane he could be sentenced to closed psychiatric care, possibly for life.

Two psychiatric evaluations have drawn contradictory conclusions on his sanity, and ultimately it will be up to the judges to rule on them when they hand down the verdict sometime in mid-July.

Breivik has confessed to the attacks but has entered a plea of "not guilty."

http://www.news.com.au/world/anders-bre ... 6330520677
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm wrote: His fears about the islamification of the West are shared by many people who are neither insane nor extremist.

uh oh!

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Serial Killer, should stay in prison all his life
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:55 pm

andy_g » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:38 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm wrote: His fears about the islamification of the West are shared by many people who are neither insane nor extremist.

uh oh!

Don't know why he didn't just say what he really wanted to.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:55 pm wrote:
andy_g » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:38 pm wrote:

uh oh!

Don't know why he didn't just say what he really wanted to.

The good thing is "many" here is a minority over all.

Phew
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 pm

I know plenty of people who share his concerns about the 'Islamification of the west' however the difference between those and Breivek is that he is a psycho.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum