All over a video on you tube really?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Disclaimer: If you are going to turn this into a discussion on Islam itself then turn around and go read another thread as we all know where that will end up.

So I’m sure unless you have been living under a rock for the last week you will have noticed all the widespread rioting and protesting which seemingly emerged after a you tube video went live. Firstly ok the video is obviously made to mock and raise a few eyebrows but the way people in these countries have been behaving is disgusting. To threaten violence and murder on citizens of a nation because of a video made a world away because of a slight on a religion is 1 step up from barbaric behaviour you would expect from a caveman. Who do these people think they are? You do not have the right to not be offended, and you do not have the right to murder someone because of a video you have seen which made you upset.

I’m a vegetarian. Should I suddenly protesting outside studios where man v food is made as it offends me? No

Another observation is this only started on 09/11... coincidence? I think not and I bet half these people in Indonesia, Afghanistan or wherever haven’t even seen it. They are just jumping on the bandwagon. They probably don’t even have internet ffs!

I don’t want this discussion to be on the religion itself but rather the events following the release of the video and in particular why groups and nations cannot put a lid on these idiots. If those who reside in western nations harbour such thoughts they should pack up and make their way back to these fantastic lands where they can adhere to whatever barbaric stone age laws they want.

Incidentally the below image was released following the events in Libya. The image depicts the Hebrew prophet Moses high-fiving Jesus Christ as both are having their erect penises vigorously masturbated by Ganesha, all while the Hindu deity anally penetrates Buddha with his fist. No one has been killed since and not a single bomb threat.

The Lybians seemed so appreciative to the Americans when they were helping them overthrow Ghadaffi last year... oh look how times change. The foreign policy in these countries should just be to tear themselves apart as they have demonstrated quite clearly they are a bunch of neanderthals who think it’s ok to go round threatening people with acts of violence.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one ... age,29553/
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:12 pm

I know it's completely over the top and stupid.

To me it seems that this is using Islam as an excuse for anti-US sentiment.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah it just looks like an excuse to kick off...  On a side note had H.Clinton posted marines at Benghazi as they were in Tripoli that whole event may not have turned out the way it did.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:57 pm

they DO have the right to feel offended. they do have the right to protest peacefully. but thats it, their protests Should fall on deaf ears among western society. There was some pseudo white muslim lawyer over here in OZ; calling for religious slurs to be a criminal offence - sorry luv, not in a civilised society.

The worst thing man ever invented...........religion.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with religion itself. It helps to instill cultural and moral values in children as they are raised, of course assuming the parents are decent folk. And it helps to bring communities together not to mention it's a positive thing to have faith in something, keeps you going ect...

But when people decide to use religion as an enabler to indoctrinate others with a view to harm others, that's what we need to be wary of.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:41 pm

The video was made to PROVOKE and we arabs fell for it.

The violence and protests has nothing to do with religion, it's political but the most uneducated and ignorant protesters think it is. You get the head of the pack that clearly has a political agenda in hand who orders his followers to incite hatered and violence, typical.

Arabs are so f*cking stupid sometimes
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:53 pm

tubby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:06 pm wrote:
The Lybians seemed so appreciative to the Americans when they were helping them overthrow Ghadaffi last year... oh look how times change. The foreign policy in these countries should just be to tear themselves apart as they have demonstrated quite clearly they are a bunch of neanderthals who think it’s ok to go round threatening people with acts of violence.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one ... age,29553/

The Libyans then made a massive protest against violence in Benghazi, but did the media care?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:55 pm

It helps to instill cultural and moral values in children as they are raised, of course assuming the parents are decent folk. 

In my view, if one has to rely on religion, or even lean on it's ideology to instill cultural awareness, and moral values especially, in raising children; then they're of a shallow disposition. You can instill all that in children etc, without the help of religion. That's just my opinion.

I maintain the worst thing ever invented by man is religion itself.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:48 am

Well I and my family were raised like that and I'd like to think we turned out ok.

@mh wasn't aware of the counter protests mate. Although doesn't surprise me that the media chose to report what they want.

I think on some levels it was a mistake to remove Gaddaffi. With him out of the picture there are all these radical groups springing up and no one to take control. They may have been dictators but but the likes of him and Saddamm did provide some form of stability in the sense that they didn't allow the butters to voice their opinion.

I think this all comes down an overall drop in spending on education. You have these groups of people completely unaware of the full picture being led by a few. Its sad to see what the world has come to.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 am

i think you have missed the point, its being used to push Islam on the west, put it this way, if they make a big fuss about it others will never saying anything bad about it again, C4 was due to put on a doc last week about the problems with Islam, it was pulled in fear that they could end up being a target.

i dont know much about Islam apart from its all about peace???
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 am

Push Islam in the west in what way Lakes? Do you mean promote it? If so I don't see that happening based on events in the last week.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 am

People using some flimsy excuse for mindless violence and others exploiting it for their own self centred agendas

Go figure
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm

There is a perception in Muslim majority countries, especially amongst the low income group that the west and in particular the US is anti-islam. This is not helped by the fact that the US is supporting the illegal occupation of lands in Palestine.

This is obviously exploited by those in power for their own political needs. Show outrage, demand punishment for those responsible and you will get votes from the masses.

Its more complex than that of course.

You must however rememeber that issues of this nature will always cause outrage, or spur it. Islam is a way of life, every facet of your life is guided by the holy Quran, you can be judged by other muslims (if you care) on how closely you follow. What is never tolerated, is desrespecting anyone who follows or the religion itself. Those countries that practice islam laws or have dual laws for muslims and non-muslims, the punishment for muslims is serve if desrespect is shown.

Another related issue is the depection of Islam on film or stills has always to be handled delicately. No actor can ever play the prophet for example, he must not be depicted, for the reason of association.

Needless to say, i agree with the overall comments, this is a massive over-reaction. We muslims need to grow up.

Last point to make, there is no need for an agenda to force islam on the west, its happening naturally, purely due to birth rates. Most of europe will be muslim in 20 years.

PS: Apologies to Bav if my comment turns this thread into a discussion on Islam. Was not my intent.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 pm

tubby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 am wrote:Push Islam in the west in what way Lakes? Do you mean promote it? If so I don't see that happening based on events in the last week.

sorry i should have said Islamic extremism, others will be to worried to stand up to them, its going on in places like Bradford and east london.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Last point to make, there is no need for an agenda to force islam on the west, its happening naturally, purely due to birth rates. Most of europe will be muslim in 20 years. 

I thought that was just some xenophobic racist conspiracy theory. Thanks for clearing that up.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum