All over a video on you tube really?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:30 pm

the first war would be in Germany. every weekend its kicking off over there in small towns.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:13 pm

babu » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 am wrote:There is a perception in Muslim majority countries, especially amongst the low income group that the west and in particular the US is anti-islam. This is not helped by the fact that the US is supporting the illegal occupation of lands in Palestine.

This is obviously exploited by those in power for their own political needs. Show outrage, demand punishment for those responsible and you will get votes from the masses.

Its more complex than that of course.

You must however rememeber that issues of this nature will always cause outrage, or spur it. Islam is a way of life, every facet of your life is guided by the holy Quran, you can be judged by other muslims (if you care) on how closely you follow. What is never tolerated, is desrespecting anyone who follows or the religion itself. Those countries that practice islam laws or have dual laws for muslims and non-muslims, the punishment for muslims is serve if desrespect is shown.

Another related issue is the depection of Islam on film or stills has always to be handled delicately. No actor can ever play the prophet for example, he must not be depicted, for the reason of association.

Needless to say, i agree with the overall comments, this is a massive over-reaction. We muslims need to grow up.

Last point to make, there is no need for an agenda to force islam on the west, its happening naturally, purely due to birth rates. Most of europe will be muslim in 20 years.

PS: Apologies to Bav if my comment turns this thread into a discussion on Islam. Was not my intent.

Spot on Babu, it's unfortunate that some use Islam itself to expand a political agenda. As you said, Islam is a way of life, it always has been, since it's inception, but it's becoming too politicized to a degree that some are deviating from the religion itself to satisfy their political objectives. Have you read Reza Aslan's books babu? ''No God but God'' and ''How to win a cosmic war" ? He is a genius when it comes to fundamentalism and religion and talks specifically about radical sects that are eager to make the world how they want it to be.

I think on some levels it was a mistake to remove Gaddaffi. With him out of the picture there are all these radical groups springing up and no one to take control. They may have been dictators but but the likes of him and Saddamm did provide some form of stability in the sense that they didn't allow the butters to voice their opinion.

Bav mate, people in Iraq suffered massively under Saddam Hussain, especially Shia sect and the Kurds. There was secterian discrimination under his regime and many people were killed. The radicals will always have a voice, they are the loudest because the media focuses their attention on those groups, but it doesn't mean they are the ones who will take control. In Libya, it's the moderate muslims who are gaining a foothold towards a new government, not the extremists. In Egypt, Mursi is a member of the muslim brotherhood (one of the most misunderstood groups portrayed by the media), who most of them aren't radicals at all, but preach Islam as a way of life.

I think those violent protests are OTT, I'm all for freedom of speech, but the protests are understandable, because the movie doesn't just insult religion, it attacks a way of life of over 1.5b people. Tolerence is key people.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Fresh anti-Islam film protests in Muslim countries

Fresh protests are under way in Muslim countries against an anti-Islam film made in the US.

In Pakistan, a government-declared "special day of love" for the Prophet Muhammad has seen violent clashes and at least one death in the northern city of Peshawar, and clashes elsewhere.

The US has paid for adverts on Pakistani TV that show President Barack Obama condemning the film.

There has been widespread unrest over the amateur film, Innocence of Muslims.

The protests have already claimed several lives around the world.

Although the US has borne the brunt of protests, anti-Western sentiment has been stoked further by caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad published in a satirical French magazine.

In Peshawar, protesters attacked and ransacked two cinema buildings. A driver for a Pakistani TV station was killed when police opened fire to disperse protesters, seven of whom were reported wounded.

Clashes between police and protesters are also being reported from the cities of Rawalpindi, Lahore and Karachi
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:39 am

"Last point to make, there is no need for an agenda to force islam on the west, its happening naturally, purely due to birth rates. Most of europe will be muslim in 20 years."

Looks like I'll be seeking refuge in Greenland to get away from these wretched people.
Boxscarf

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Boxscarf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:39 pm wrote:
Looks like I'll be seeking refuge in Greenland to get away from these wretched people.

How very kind of you
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Boxscarf that's a bit harsh mate, you can't tar everyone with the same brush.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm sick to death of Muslims and Islam. They're nothing but bloody trouble. If Islam is the religion of peace then Muslims do their religion no justice whatsoever, because Islam at the moment looks like the most untolerant, violent religion on the planet.

Someone's mocked Allah? Someone's mocked Mohammed? Someone likes to eat Pork. Some girl likes to wear a dress. Some people like to drink alcohol and some people don't like following a religion, Get over it!

It's acceptable for Muslims to fly a plane into two buildings murdering nearly 3000 people. It's acceptable for Muslims to storm embassies (which is a declaration of war) and Muslims are allowed to mock other religions, they are allowed to destroy two 1000 year old Buddah statues, yet the world is supposed to allow Muslims to behave in whatever way they like? And pander to their every whim? No not on my watch. The more I am exposed to Islam and Muslims, the more I'm beginning to dislike both entities. I find myself becoming more and more supportive of Israel which has the right idea when dealing with Islam and Muslims. A zero-tolerance, no nonsense approach is what is needed.
Boxscarf

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:53 pm

You're a f*cking idiot
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 pm

metalhead » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:53 pm wrote:You're a f*cking idiot

Right, that's it, I'm going down to the Lebanon Embassy tomorrow to protest outside it. I might bring some placards with me too.
Boxscarf

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 pm wrote:  I find myself becoming more and more supportive of Israel which has the right idea when dealing with Islam and Muslims. A zero-tolerance, no nonsense approach is what is needed.

:laugh:

You're contradicting yourself, at first you criticise the murder of 3000 people, but it's ok for Israel to kill innocent palestinians.

How very moronic of you.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 pm wrote:

Right, that's it, I'm going down to the Lebanon Embassy tomorrow to protest outside it. I might bring some placards with me too.

Go ahead, no one is stopping you
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 pm

metalhead » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 pm wrote:
How very moronic of you.

Sorry I wasn't aware that Muslims were the innocents in the Palestine vs Israel conflict? I assumed that both sides were as bad as each other. Also I didn't realise it was Israel smuggling weaponry into Iraq and Afghanistan to be used against Western forces in those countries and I didn't realise Mossad were responsible for 7/7. Jews, Hindu's, Sikhs, Jehova Witnesses, Catholics, Protestants are not the ones behaving like barbarians by smashing up embassies and rioting over pictures and a silly internet video which shouldn't be given the light of day. It's rank amatuer and poorly performed and I doubt most people rioting have seen it, which makes their response worse.

This is always the response with Muslims. Violence, violence and more violence. I can see why people protested against the internet clip, Muslims have every right to feel offended, but what they don't have a right to do is start mindless violence, but this is your religions problem isn't it, Metalhead? Violence takes precedence over anything else.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Anyway, I've said all that I want to say on this subject matter. I've probably earned myself a life-time ban by speaking my mind, but I don't care, I say what I feel, I don't see how anyone can have an ounce of sympathy for those rioting, they're just lunatics and criminals and deserve to be treated as such. My thoughts go out to those killed in the Embassies by these idiots.
Boxscarf

Postby laza » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:49 am

Boxscarf » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 am wrote:. I've probably earned myself a life-time ban by speaking my mind,

I doubt we could be that lucky

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 am

Boxscarf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 pm wrote:

MH is right you are a f'cking idiot.

I live in a muslim country and there has been no protests, or violence of any kind so don't tar everyone with the same brush. In Libya there has been a groundswell of opion by local people against this sort of violence and forced these militias out of Benghazi. I think in Pakistan it is totally different, these rioters are brought up to a frenzy by two faced people in power who have a secret anti-west agenda. Did you see that gov minister in Pakistan putting a price on the head of the film maker and calling on there brothers in the taliban and al qaeda to support them, thats where there sympathies lie.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum