World cup 2018 bid

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby laza » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Putting aside the cynical politics and graft  which always affect these type of decisions
and the burka being the ultimate hoodie

Qatar's climate WTF, going to be a real fast playing tournament
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:55 pm

rocky29 wrote:lol england only got 2 votes out of 22 and one was englands vote.

Well Australia only got one vote

Not that Im bitter, No South American hot fans coming down to Oz to support their teams

Dammit  :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 am

If they can solve the temperature problem inside the stadia with special air conditioning (I'm sure they can), what about the training facilities and the fan parks? I remember in Germany '06 when for the first couple of weeks it was about 30c and that was said to be difficult to play in (as was also the case in S. Korea/Japan, and the last summer olympics), but compared to Qatar at the same time of the year, that is very mild.
LFC2007

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 am

Blatter supposedly reminded the 'committee members' about the 'evil media' before they went in to vote.

If hosting the WC is now only about expanding it in to the 'new world' - then why were the estbalsished natiosn allowed to bid Engerland and Spain esp? The FA spent £15m for ... 2 votes !

Fifa's slogans is 'Fair Play' and yet it leads by the exmaple of dirty politics and corruption - I think all federations should ask the question - are these fit to govern the international game?

As for Qatar - be interesting to see what happens if Israel qualiy for 2022...

Really disappointed I am

:(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:31 am

Yes evil media who were already broadcasting who  the winners were  an hour before the official announcement
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 am

zarababe wrote:Blatter supposedly reminded the 'committee members' about the 'evil media' before they went in to vote.

If hosting the WC is now only about expanding it in to the 'new world' - then why were the estbalsished natiosn allowed to bid Engerland and Spain esp? The FA spent £15m for ... 2 votes !

Fifa's slogans is 'Fair Play' and yet it leads by the exmaple of dirty politics and corruption - I think all federations should ask the question - are these fit to govern the international game?

As for Qatar - be interesting to see what happens if Israel qualiy for 2022...

Really disappointed I am

:(

Israel has no issue with Qatar, in fact there is an Israel consulate in Qatar, they are in indirect diplomatic relationship with each other, so its not an issue.

to answer LFC's question, all training facilities will be indoor but for fan parks you have the beach to go to... well if your mad going at 12 noon at that type of climate :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 am

May be they'll host in their winter - when it's only 30c :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 am

Well now that we have got the shallow and superficial points out of the way like graft, players safety and football standard. How about the important issues

Will we have this in Qatar

or
Last edited by laza on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:52 am

Will this be view

Enquiring non shallow minds want to know :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:39 am

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:What happens after the world cup , what about transport , accommodation , training facilities - they have nothing and then after they will be left with empty shells. I hope it ruins them - the World Cup should be all about the football experience , the history , the legacy - now it's all about the money - I hope it financially cripples them .

What transport do they need? trains, subways? Qatar is a small country, and their public transportation is excellent. Taxi and bus services are plenty and not very costly.

Alcohol is only prohibited in public places, but not in bars or clubs, so there is plenty of beer to go around but don't get drunk while driving it is considered as a serious offense. Their laws are very similar to the ones I experienced in the UAE regarding Alcohol and other things. Yes they have the Sharia law, so what? so it doesn't make them qualified to host the World cup? ??? They also have one the best Sports academy in the world, and that tells you something about their ambition in Football and sports in general. They have the money to do everything right and provide a world class coverage and world class accommodation for fans. I don't doubt their credentials, they will definitely recruit European or US agencies to do all of their work in preparation for 2022 because they have the money. Plus its 12 years away, many things can change.

Many things can change ? They're gonna have too.

There's obviously nothing they can do about the climate, so short of games being played inside closed air conditioned stadiums we can expect a world cup played at walking pace.

Qatar has only one city of any note, the capital Doha, outside of that the rest of the country is a collection of small towns/settlements.  It's anybody's guess where all of the competing teams are going to be based, train and play or where all the fans are going to stay.

MH has stated that the West are unhappy because an Arab country got the vote. I think your nationalistic petticoat of paranoia is showing there MH. I don't think anyone has a "problem" with an Arab country getting the vote provided in footballing terms it makes sense, something which imo a world cup in Qatar doesn't. If for example a joint bid had been made and won by a consortium of Gulf states, I'm sure most would have welcomed it. Although it would still have the climate to contend with most of the other "issues" would not be relevant

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby rocky29 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:59 am

it said all the stadiums are going to be biult within a 16 kilometres of each other to help  transport.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 pm

ofcourse I'm paranoia and patriotic towards my fellow arab brothers :D , instead of congratulating Qatar or Russia, everyone had a dig and it sounded so bitter. Woof, do you believe people will welcome it if lets say the Emirates joined in? No, people would say filthy oil money won the bid, etc... etc...

Its true, that there is only Doha to contend with, but people forget that Qatar has been in major business and real estate development which is making Doha bigger and its reaching to other towns and villages, etc... There will be around 8 to 10 stadiums with many fan parks and training facilities all around Qatar for people to enjoy and experience. I know their potential and most of the gulf states potential, and its HUGE, I've said this before in the takeover thread, these people LOVE to dream and when they dream they try to make it a reality. The climate will be a big issue for them, but AC systems or climate control systems in stadiums will be a major plus.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

laza wrote:Well now that we have got the shallow and superficial points out of the way like graft, players safety and football standard. How about the important issues

Will we have this in Qatar

or

we will see this....hopefully... if Qatar change in the next 12 years :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 pm

rocky29 wrote:it said all the stadiums are going to be biult within a 16 kilometres of each other to help  transport.

was it not 60km?

I'm just wondering if they can accomodate everyone more than anything
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:14 pm

12 more years till the WC... accommodation will not be a problem.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion