World cup 2018 bid

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby rocky29 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:53 pm

just seen sepp blatters wife shopping in harrods looking at a new mink coat with matching diamonds  :laugh:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Kharhaz wrote:It just makes sense that Russia and Qatar get it. The world cup helps develop the football in that nation. England dont need to develop.

Are you suggesting that France and Germany were in need of development then?
This is all about who bribed the most so all honour to the UK for not stooping to those levels.
worcester_red

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:55 pm

worcester_red wrote:
metalhead wrote:I think one of the reason they picked Russia is because its their first time hosting the world cup tournament.

or maybe becuase they have loads of lovely racist neo-nazi fans, that'll be nice for the African nations won't it  :oh:

With Quatar getting 2022 it is absolutely fecking clear that FIFA is the now the most corrupt organisation in the world, absolute bloody disgrace!  :veryangry

because Qatar won it? ???

I know FIFA are c*nts, but Qatar deserved it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Is Qatar a rcih nation? Or will it be another South Africa where they just ship the homeless off for a bit?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:05 pm

worcester_red wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:It just makes sense that Russia and Qatar get it. The world cup helps develop the football in that nation. England dont need to develop.

This is all about who bribed the most so all honour to the UK for not stooping to those levels.

They are not known as the best leagues in the world are they?
Also lets not forget we managed to get our mitts on Euro 96, so its not as if we havent had a fair crack of the whip. Yes I know that they are separate (FIFA/UEFA) but the fact is the world cup is given to nations that tend to need it to develop. Look at the americans, since the world cup the MLS has grown and are attracting players like David Beckham, that is the development that the world cup can achieve.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:06 pm

metalhead wrote:
worcester_red wrote:
metalhead wrote:I think one of the reason they picked Russia is because its their first time hosting the world cup tournament.

or maybe becuase they have loads of lovely racist neo-nazi fans, that'll be nice for the African nations won't it  :oh:

With Quatar getting 2022 it is absolutely fecking clear that FIFA is the now the most corrupt organisation in the world, absolute bloody disgrace!  :veryangry

because Qatar won it? ???

I know FIFA are c*nts, but Qatar deserved it

Why did Quatar deserve it, is it becuase they bribed the most?

You do realise that it'll be 50C in summertime don't you, I don't fancy any northern hemisphere team's chances.
worcester_red

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm

dawson99 wrote:Is Qatar a rcih nation? Or will it be another South Africa where they just ship the homeless off for a bit?

One of the richest nations in the Middle East and is developing really fast in terms of business. I think Qatar WC will be the first tournament to have games indoor with air conditioning systems
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:10 pm

dawson99 wrote:Is Qatar a rcih nation? Or will it be another South Africa where they just ship the homeless off for a bit?

small but mega rich oil. No nightclubs and alcohol is banned so no point english fans going.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
worcester_red wrote:

They are not known as the best leagues in the world are they?
Also lets not forget we managed to get our mitts on Euro 96, so its not as if we havent had a fair crack of the whip. Yes I know that they are separate (FIFA/UEFA) but the fact is the world cup is given to nations that tend to need it to develop. Look at the americans, since the world cup the MLS has grown and are attracting players like David Beckham, that is the development that the world cup can achieve.

Again are you seriously suggesting that France or Germany were in need of development in economic or footballing terms, if so did they improve??? They are amongst the richest nations in the world ffs, as are Quatar and Russia.
Plenty of nations have had the world cup more than once but not the UK, actually last time was 1966, it is a complete fecking disgrace that it was not awarded to the UK and it is all about bribes nothing else.
worcester_red

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 pm

worcester_red wrote:Why did Quatar deserve it, is it becuase they bribed the most?

You do realise that it'll be 50C in summertime don't you, I don't fancy any northern hemisphere team's chances.

Stop being so bitter and accept the fact that they had a brilliant campaign. Don't you know for a fact that they studied how to deal with such temperatures, their stadiums will be state of the art and will have AC systems installed.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 pm

metalhead wrote:

One of the richest nations in the Middle East and is developing really fast in terms of business. I think Qatar WC will be the first tournament to have games indoor with air conditioning systems

So being green is not a requirement any more then?? All stadiums indoor, fecking hell there gonna have to burn directly from their oilwells.
worcester_red

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:13 pm

rocky29 wrote:

small but mega rich oil. No nightclubs and alcohol is banned so no point english fans going.

???

clearly you haven't been there.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:14 pm

worcester_red wrote:
metalhead wrote:

So being green is not a requirement any more then?? All stadiums indoor, fecking hell there gonna have to burn directly from their oilwells.

sour grapes
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:14 pm

metalhead wrote:
worcester_red wrote:Why did Quatar deserve it, is it becuase they bribed the most?

Stop being so bitter and accept the fact that they had a brilliant campaign. Don't you know for a fact that they studied how to deal with such temperatures, their stadiums will be state of the art and will have AC systems installed.

yes funnily enough I hate corruption, the UK deserved to win their bid they have a far better infrastructure than Russia.  As for Quatar that it just a complete joke, Saudi Arabia I could accept but some tin pot country whose only claim to fame is being on top of an oil well is outrageous.
worcester_red

Postby worcester_red » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:16 pm

metalhead wrote:
worcester_red wrote:
metalhead wrote:

sour grapes

No not sour grapes at all, in fact I'm not English but I hate corruption, and these decisions were based on bribes, pure and simple.
worcester_red

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion