Uefa to block teams with over 100mil debt

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:26 pm

good but just on my loacl radio saying there is a plan that from 2010-2011 any team that has over 100mil debt will not go into the CL, the top teams are ment to be looked up too, this is more about the english teams as they top 4 club should been seen as a light for other clubs to aim for but not when they have debts over 100mil.

oops this could be a problem for all the top 4 clubs.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 pm

lakes10 wrote:oops this could be a problem for all the top 4 clubs.

And Real Madrid.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Ciggy wrote:

And Real Madrid.

yep.....bet they get given a had out by their gov.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Ciggy wrote:

And Real Madrid.

Well if they do that they are inviting to the top Spanish and English clubs to design a competition of their own. They won't have the balls, and they know CL competitions without those teams wouldn't give them their precious money.

I think badly controlled debt can lead to a club to a football demise eventually (say, Valencia), so there's no need to make an intervention in the competition.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:37 pm

How can they enforce this rule? If all the big clubs from England cannot compete surley they would take a hit in revenue for tv ratings ect..... The clubs need to recreate that G14 and stand up to UEFA and that :censored: Platini.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Sabre wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

And Real Madrid.

Well if they do that they are inviting to the top Spanish and English clubs to design a competition of their own. They won't have the balls, and they know CL competitions without those teams wouldn't give them their precious money.

I think badly controlled debt can lead to a club to a football demise eventually (say, Valencia), so there's no need to make an intervention in the competition.

the thing is they have been going on about the debt for sometime and i think its only due to the English clubs doing so well they dont like it.

yes bad debt could see the end of football as we know it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Sabre wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

And Real Madrid.

Exactly the big clubs threatened to form a break away comp before with G14 and UEFA waited until it was disbanded for them to start slipping in silly rules here and there.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:How can they enforce this rule? If all the big clubs from England cannot compete surley they would take a hit in revenue for tv ratings ect..... The clubs need to recreate that G14 and stand up to UEFA and that :censored: Platini.

its been talked about for sometime and they have been working on ways around it.

heres a old report from 10/08

Uefa general secretary David Taylor has warned that football clubs with heavy debts could be excluded from future European competitions.

Entry to the Champions League and Uefa Cup is subject to licences issued by European football's governing body.

And Taylor says clubs must address debts or face the "ultimate sanction".

"There would be forms of communication, even warnings or reprimands, before one got to a situation of exclusion but it is absolutely possible," Taylor said.

Taylor was speaking at the Leaders in Football conference at Stamford Bridge.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7659077.stm
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Latest figures show Premier League clubs owe £3.1bn• Manchester United and Chelsea are most in debt
• 15 of the 20 clubs are now subsidised by owners

Argentina's football debt crisis

The Argentine Football Association has announced that the start of the country's football season will be postponed because of clubs' growing debt.

The premiership - Primera A - was due to start on 14 August.

Last week, AFA President Julio Grondona postponed all the second division and regional games, saying the delay would give the clubs time to find millions of dollars in back-pay for players.

Twenty-one clubs are struggling with debt, including seven in the first division. The country's most famous teams - Boca Juniors and River Plate - are among the clubs affected
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:04 pm

I suppose what they want to do is give the clubs time to get their act sorted so they are not in as much debt. But if they wanted to do that they should have enforced some rules before any overseas owners first arrived here.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 am

I'm not a business expert, but I don't think you can't have whatever debt you want, debt can grow, but at some point it must get uncontrollable. (Probably LFC2007 knows about this stuff)

My point is having a debt IS NOT an advantage for those clubs and might pay it at some point.

What UEFA must deal with is the clubs that do not pay their players, and the clubs who do not pay their obligations, we have several teams like that in Spain in Segunda Division. But if English clubs with a big debt pay their obligations and their players, then leave them controlling their finances. It's their own problem.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm not a business expert, but I don't think you can't have whatever debt you want, debt can grow, but at some point it must get uncontrollable. (Probably LFC2007 knows about this stuff)

My point is having a debt IS NOT an advantage for those clubs and might pay it at some point.

What UEFA must deal with is the clubs that do not pay their players, and the clubs who do not pay their obligations, we have several teams like that in Spain in Segunda Division. But if English clubs with a big debt pay their obligations and their players, then leave them controlling their finances. It's their own problem.

i agree
Julio-0

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Wenger predicts new Euro league

Arsene Wenger believes financial demands will mean there will be no Champions League in a decade because there will be a European Super League.

The Arsenal manager is preparing for Tuesday's first leg of the Champions League play-off against Celtic, with the winners going to the group stages.

Wenger said: "Maybe in 10 years you will have a European league.

"The way we are going, the money coming in from the Champions League, for some clubs, will not be enough any more."

The Frenchman added: "I'm not sure 100% that I am right but I feel that there are some voices behind the scenes in our game aiming to do something about a European league, especially if the rules become too restrictive for the big clubs as things currently stand."

However, Wenger does not want a European Super League to take the place of domestic leagues.

He continued: "If a European league does happen the question is whether clubs will transfer from a national league or whether it is a franchised European league.

"That's the question people will have to answer.

"I personally believe only in sporting merit, so if one league is created there has to be promotion up and down but that would be, practically, very difficult to resolve.

606: DEBATE
Could you see teams playing the 'kids' in the Premier League and saving their best players for the Euro League?

BBC Sport's Peter Scrivener
"I do not want to kill the national leagues so each team should have to play in the national league and in Europe. "That means the Euro league taking place in midweek and the national league over the weekend.

"All this would mean having two teams, basically."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 pm

now what he has just said is also what i said in another thread even down to having two teams, the team in the prem will not be the strong one.

mony is killing fooball and it needs to stop, so yes there might be a case to ban team with big debts, even if that means us.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:55 pm

A Euro league sounds nice but for the fans travelling it will be really expensive.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion