Should there be a vacancy....... - Possible managerial alternatives.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:25 pm

It's interesting that Chelsea have drawn inter in the Champions League on many levels. Some might say Mourinho is on a bit of a hiding to nothing. If he loses, I suspect this will definately be his past season in Italy as it could be argued that in the Champions League he hasn't improved them. You could argue that the group stages he has been a tad unlucky, drawing a very good Manchester United team first time of asking last year, and a resurgent Chelsea first time of asking this time around.

That's not the way that big clubs look at things though. Getting out of the group is an absolute penalty kick for most big clubs (Inter managed it even with Barcelona in their group) and as we all know the competition doesn't even start proper until you've managed that, and arguably got through another round or two as well. So i can't see the Italian media and hierarchy being too sympathetic to Mourinho's plight and probably nor should they. Top class managers stand or fall by results, and although he will probably once again win the league title, most big clubs (although not all obviously) will not usually stand for what they consider to be failure.

I did see some of Inters matches in the group, and I strongly expect chelsea to beat them fairly comfortably unless Mourinho can pull off something special. Mourinho will be managing in the Premiership next season. Very interesting.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:43 pm

Mick why will it be something special if Mourinhios Team beat Chelsea, It wont be a shock result, its two very good teams evenly matched id say, Maybe id even lean towards Inter as is it not the African Nations cup when they play each other, If it is Chelsea will be missing a few ofd there big hitters
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:22 pm

For them the league is a doddle and has been since the calciopoli scandal but they would be crazy to sack him simply because he couldn't take them past the last 16. They are probably the only Italian club really capable of doing something in the competition and have had the toughest of draws but nevertheless he's as good as they're going to get.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 pm

This thread topic means "any manager is better than Rafa" no? :D

Since we're in the international section, well my contribution is David Vidal.

Joe Terp, if you want to boast about Spanish football you have to know this ma, he  is a legend, worth to learn a language to understand his press conferences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZqyIqx0mM

Here, explaining to a player what not to do when being pressed. (1) Look at the petrified players hearing the lesson :laugh: English clubs protect better the players from the press, but sometimes I'd miss to have this kind of video about Liverpool. Knowing how they train and how they react in training is unvaluable information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....ndex=13

I will continue contributing to this any-manager-is-better-than-Rafa thread. David Vidal is available I think. We wouldn't win more, but we'd laugh a lot.

If someone needs any info on a Spanish coach, just ask, remember, any manager is better than Rafa. :D

(1) He tells the CB you like to give stick do you? you just made a fúcking penalty, I don't like that players. Then he summons the men to the wing. He tells the player not to ask for the ball when he's covered, he tells him that asking the ball in that situation is a dead -end. Then tells the CB, that he's a newcome to the club, not fúcking Beckenbauer, that he's not there to make the difficult passes. Legend.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:52 pm

If the thread was about "any manager is better than Rafa", that's what I would have called it. It's not about that, and I have already concluded after researching a couple of candidates that they aren't suitable.

What this thread is actually about, is cutting through the nonsense which gets spouted on all sides and actually sensibly looking at a managers record. Rafa insinuated that klinsmann was useless last week, was very disrespectful to both him and Sounness and predictably many fans loved it. Sounness was probably my favourite player ever to play for Liverpool so I never really get involved with slagging him off, Klinnsman I couldn't give a feck about either way but I thought it was sensible to at least look at his record (Sounness's record at clubs other than us as a manager is pretty good too I should think). As it turns out, the Germans record isn't half bad. Doesn't mean I weant him to be our next manager, but it isn't nearly as bad as some are making out.

After the Mourinho scenario where we all called it hugely wrong in thinking he was a conman, I don't think it does any harm to have a sensible thread. Nothing to do with Rafa this thread, although I've no doubt the same people who blub about all threads being the same will come in now and try and make it so.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Cheer up man, the truth is it's friday, I bloody needed some rest because my weeks are being difficult as of late, I wanted to tell Joe my Spanish football disciple about that funny legend coach, and instead of doing a new thread or sticking in in the la liga thread, I just made that comment for a laugh.

Please do not take it too seriously, there wasn't anything more than that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Mark Hughes is now available :D. Can scratch Mancini on the other hand though (no harm imo).
JamCar05

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion