Should there be a vacancy....... - Possible managerial alternatives.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Yep Nanny thats another reason i dont want him to be manager - If kenny doesnt live up to some fans expectations then he would get slaughtered by some people on forums in the media , on the phone ins etc and i for one never want to see that happen to him .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Saint of course id love Kenny , but what i couldnt take mate an im sure you would feel the same, is if things didnt work out for him , can you imagine six months on an your standing there listening to some gobshi.te calling him a tw.at , im sorry mate but that would be hard to take for me, you know how uneducated an fickle football supporters are now days , they want a ten goal lead in the first half, I would be so scared if he failed Saint, i just wouldnt want that ,, ok i know im talking in hindsight here but would he an us fans be prepared to take that chance , id just hate it if he was smeared in anyway.

I know what you mean, but I don't think he would take on the job if he didn't think he could succeed. I would ALWAYS bet on Dalglish. I think if he took over for the rest of the season to see how he goes, no one would blame him if he failed, while if he succeeded he could then be given more time.

I think we need someone who can bring everyone together again. Like under Houllier the ranks have split, both within the club and with the fans. Dalglish would do that if nothing else. For me he can't lose, if he fails he can walk away saying he did his bit to help, and if he succeeds we get a great manager without having to break the bank buying someone out of their contract.
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:14 pm

It all looks great on paper it really and i would love nothing more to see Kenny suceed with us - in fact i dont think anything else would come close for the club and the fans that will always treasure him as the true legen he is and while people like yourself and i and nanny and many others would always back him and recognise his status there will always be as Nanny said the fickle ones that even in two months or three games would be on Kennys back within a flash - it would be those "fans" that would be heard in the press and on the radio etc and thats where the pressure would start from and i dont think anyone would ever wish that on him  . I really wish it could be as you say i really do just could not see it .

I think wed could be a turning point - i know we have heard it before but with the parade of shanks old boys it will lift the crowd beyond belief and that should inspire the players and maybe could see the start of a return to the form we all know the players can do .
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:16 pm

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Saint of course id love Kenny , but what i couldnt take mate an im sure you would feel the same, is if things didnt work out for him , can you imagine six months on an your standing there listening to some gobshi.te calling him a tw.at , im sorry mate but that would be hard to take for me, you know how uneducated an fickle football supporters are now days , they want a ten goal lead in the first half, I would be so scared if he failed Saint, i just wouldnt want that ,, ok i know im talking in hindsight here but would he an us fans be prepared to take that chance , id just hate it if he was smeared in anyway.

I know what you mean, but I don't think he would take on the job if he didn't think he could succeed. I would ALWAYS bet on Dalglish. I think if he took over for the rest of the season to see how he goes, no one would blame him if he failed, while if he succeeded he could then be given more time.

I think we need someone who can bring everyone together again. Like under Houllier the ranks have split, both within the club and with the fans. Dalglish would do that if nothing else. For me he can't lose, if he fails he can walk away saying he did his bit to help, and if he succeeds we get a great manager without having to break the bank buying someone out of their contract.

I don't think he has the appetite for it to be honest, not at his stage of life,,,
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:20 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:If I'm not mistaken I think Ron Atkinson  is between jobs at the moment ,purely to promote harmony of course :D

:laugh: he could always do a song with the yanks , my way :;):

He went to the same school as me dad :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Listen people I'm well on my way y to being @rseholed ,so if I cause any offence then I probably don't f*cking like you    :D
Only joking guys  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm

:laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 am

Richard Paul "Rick" Astley (born 6 February 1966, Newton-le-Willows, Lancashire) is an English singer-songwriter and musician. He is best known for his 1987 hit single in 16 countries, "Never Gonna Give You Up".

After fading into obscurity in the 1990s, Astley made a comeback in 2007 when he became an Internet phenomenon, as his video for "Never Gonna Give You Up" became part of a popular Internet meme known as "Rickrolling".[1] Astley was voted by Internet users "Best Act Ever" at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2008.[2]
LFC2007

Postby shitonutd78 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:41 am

john barnes anyone? I think we've all jumped the gun a bit we need to stay calm even i've been saying rafa should go but after reading many posts i've realised my mistake he is working under very difficult circumstances with not much funding any new manager coming in would need money to bring his own players in money which Liverpool do not have. I think he should be given to at least till end of season and hopefully Dic might come in and takeover and give him money to get David Villa and few other players he has been chasing. Since summer 08 rafa has not been able to bring the players he really wanted players like Barry Silva and Villa but if it did go all pete tong i'd like to see van basten or Mancini come in well lets hope rafa is still here in 4 years time
shitonutd78

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:01 am

Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:His record in the league was P29, W16, D6, L7. In the Champions League it was P10, W6, D3, L1. In the league Bayern were three points off the top of league with five games to play when Klinnsman was sacked.

Mick, what's the story there?  Seems like a ridiculous sacking based on just the numbers so there's got to be more to it than that.

Sorry am i the only one that thinks that record (for Bayern in the bundesliga) isnt great ?
They constantly outspend their rivals by loads and they were as poor as that under Klinsmann.
He did well at Germany but i think we should remember that was as the host nation.

Not saying he wont go onto be a good manager but he is not someone that fills me with confidence at this moment in time.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:02 am

true Ben, they also constantly buy their rival's best players, Leverkusen being one of the more frequented places.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:21 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:His record in the league was P29, W16, D6, L7. In the Champions League it was P10, W6, D3, L1. In the league Bayern were three points off the top of league with five games to play when Klinnsman was sacked.

Mick, what's the story there?  Seems like a ridiculous sacking based on just the numbers so there's got to be more to it than that.

Sorry am i the only one that thinks that record (for Bayern in the bundesliga) isnt great ?
They constantly outspend their rivals by loads and they were as poor as that under Klinsmann.
He did well at Germany but i think we should remember that was as the host nation.

Not saying he wont go onto be a good manager but he is not someone that fills me with confidence at this moment in time.

I said exacly the same thing Ben a few posts back. wouldnt touch him  with a barge pole, An if thats the type of lad were gonna be looking at then were really in trouble, :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 am

The only manager I would even consider to replace Rafa if he goes at the end of the season is Gus Hiddink. He strikes me as a man with a sense of loyalty and dignity who commands respect from those around him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:18 pm

Kenny Dalglish to mentor Stevie G to be player manager, with Carra as assistant and get some dedicated players who will take pride in the shirt.....
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Another one for the gallery, just for nan Marcello Lippi .

Lippi began his career in the Italian lower divisions, he got his first job in serie A with Cesena. He had further spells with Lucchese and Atalanta before getting his big breakthrough in 93-94 with napoli. He led them into a UEFA Cup slot which was a good achievement as they were financially strapped at the time. From there he became a wanted man, and Juventus won the race for his services.

He won the Serie A title in hsi first season with them, and won the Champions League in 1996. League titles follwed in 97 and 98 (making it three in four seasons) and he won the Italian Cup in 95. In 1999 he moved to Inter Milan, but had a poor first season and was sacked at the begining of the following one. He returned to Juventus and won the league title in both 2002 and 2003. He also reached the final of the Champions League in 2003 where Juve were beaten by AC Milan.

In 2004 Lippi was appointed national coach. In 2006 he let Italy to a shock World Cup win, and was voted national coach of the year. I can't find out where he works now, but uip to and including that stage he hadn't worked outside his home country.

His coaching philosophy (I just cut and pasted this); In his book Il Gioco delle Idee: Pensieri e Passioni da Bordo Campo (A Game of Ideas: Thoughts and Passions from the Sidelines), Lippi outlined his coaching philosophy. First and foremost, Lippi emphasizes the importance of team spirit and team unity. Lippi likens a psychologically well integrated football team to the functioning of a psychologically healthy family. On the strategic aspect of coaching, Lippi emphasizes the importance of the mutual relations between players. Players must all follow the same plan and play for each other, "not" for themselves. Importantly, Lippi argues that "a group of the best players do not necessarily make for the best team." What is more important, he argues, is that the tactical plan or formation is one that allows each player to maximize (1) their utility for their teammates and (2) the expression of their full potential. Moreover, Lippi also notes that the choice of tactical formation is necessarily constrained by the qualities of the players available. Thus, selecting the best possible team not only requires finding the right combination of players for the chosen formation, but also finding right formation for the chosen players. Hence the title of his book, A Game of Ideas.

Obviously a top manager, getting on a bit and unknown whether he would fancy it or not, but unquestionably in the top echelons of World managers.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion