Ballack ready to move

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:30 pm

Could he be the perfect replacement? i know liverpool have been in contact with BM could it be for him, I really hope so.

Michael Ballack has alerted Europe's top clubs, after admitting that he is very interested in moving abroad in the near future.

The Bayern Munich captain only has a year to run on his current contract and with Ballack harbouring ambitions to play in Europe, Munich may be forced to cash in on their German asset now rather than losing him for free next summer.

The current situation is not troubling Ballack, who is happy to wait until he feels the time is right.

The German revealed: "I'm really relaxed about it all. The hardest decisions in my career are all behind me, like when I was 18 and had to decide whether to stay in the regional league or turn professional.

"Then I had to decide the right time to leave Kaiserslautern for Bayer Leverkusen. Later, the same was the case for the transfer to Bayern Munich.

"I've always made the right decisions so far. I'm now playing at a top European club and still have the chance to play abroad."

Ballack has won the Bundesliga title with Bayern, but the club have never taken the midfielder back to the European exploits of former club Bayer Leverkusen, who lost in the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League final to Real Madrid.

At 28 years of age, Ballack is in his prime and he admits that a move abroad to a top European club is a prospect he relishes.

"There are hardly any (German) players who are abroad that have advised me against taking such a big step.

"It's good for a person's overall development. It would also be very interesting for me."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:29 am

Far as im concerned he can move to Anfield any time he wants, sheer class :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:41 am

laza wrote:Far as im concerned he can move to Anfield any time he wants, sheer class :D

He would be the perfect replacement for Steive IMO, how much would he cost? one year left on his contract? About 15 million?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 am

Bayern wouldn't let him leave cheap thats for sure, but for 15 million I would bite their :censored: hand off, he is world class.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:07 am

Well he will have Didi for company, he would be a fantastic signing or am I dreaming  :upside:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:46 am

With only one year left on his contract, i think he would be cheaper then 15 million when you consider the Owen situation
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:51 pm

He's a top player, but I don't like him.  Most of his dreams for the future seem to involve combing his hair.  Attitude is important, I wouldn't want him to disrupt the dressing room.

I could be made to eat my words, but I don't think he'll come anyway.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:11 pm

good replacement if stevie leaves but is older.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion