Juventus fire sale - Who would you want?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:32 am

the signs are that juve will probably get relegated.....i would only take cannavaro.....also wanted del peiro but he has already stated that he'll stay with the Old lady even if they are relegated........such commitment is hard to find nowadays.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:49 am

guys...its not just Juventus who are probably going down...Milan are almost certain to get relegated also.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:15 am

Didn't the prosecutor of the case suggest that Juventus, AC Milan, Fiorentina, and Lazio should all be relegated?

If that's the case, I'll take Cannavaro, Kaka, and Luca Toni.  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:52 am

skipper wrote:Didn't the prosecutor of the case suggest that Juventus, AC Milan, Fiorentina, and Lazio should all be relegated?

If that's the case, I'll take Cannavaro, Kaka, and Luca Toni.  :D

The new Real Madrid president has come out and said he WILL get Robben, Kaka and Cesc Fabregas. With Capello at the hel,, I think we may see the re-emergence of Real Madrid as a force.

The chief prosecutor wants Juve relegated to Serie C, and their titles stripped, while the other 3 will be put in Serie B.

Interesting times...
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:18 am

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea will take all the "big name" players.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:26 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea will take all the "big name" players.

I think Inter and Roma will take a fair few also, any of the big players who want to stay in Italy will go there.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:36 am

I dont know where else to post this and I cant be bothered to find another place anyways so..

-----

Capello back at Real after Juventus exit

Fabio Capello was named the new coach of Real Madrid yesterday, just a day after resigning from troubled Italian champions Juventus.

The 60-year-old Italian, who steered Juve to back-to-back league titles in his two years at the club, returns to Real ten years after his first stint with the nine-times European champions. He is expected to sign a three-year contract.

Capello arrived in Madrid last night and is expected to be presented officially by Real at a press conference this morning.

The former Juventus, AC Milan and AS Roma coach will have to turn round the fortunes of a club that have not won a major trophy for the last three seasons, their worst run of form in more than 50 years.

Capello first joined Real in 1996 after a contractual dispute with AC Milan and led the Spaniards to the title in his only season at the club, before deciding to return to Italy.

Calderon said Capello was the ideal person to take charge of a squad of players that had failed to live up to expectations.

"Capello will ensure there is discipline, preparation and planning, something that this club has lacked in recent years," Calderon said.

Capello, a strict disciplinarian, has a matchless record of success as a coach, winning a league title with every club that have employed him.

He managed AC Milan to four domestic triumphs, Real Madrid to a La Laga title, AS Roma to their first Serie A championship in 18 years and has just led Juventus to two consecutive triumphs.

This article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=983422006

-----

I dont know whether the Scotsman is a respectable newspaper or not but I seem to be divided on this latest update on the drama that is European football.

I swear. You could write a whole soap with the current circus running for the Madrid hotseat and the farce that is the Italian FA. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:45 pm

Juventus will have to have a massive clear out if they do go down 3 leagues.  Verira is on 100k a week alone
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:00 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Juventus will have to have a massive clear out if they do go down 3 leagues.  Verira is on 100k a week alone

I would say that all of the following would leave:

Buffon
Thuram
Zebina
Cannavaro
Emerson
Kovac
Vieira
Nedved
Camoranesi
Zambrotta
Blasi
Ibrahimovic
Trezeguet
Mutu
Zalayeta.

That is a lot of quality players which will probably get sold well under value as Juve will have very little bargaining power. They should be able to put together a team that will be back in Serie A reasonably shortly though. Getting back to the top will be more difficult however.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:19 pm

I'd defo have a look at luca toni if foirentina go down.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:19 am

Latest on the trial is that Juventus defence lawyers argued about the harshness of their proposed punishment, saying they might accept relegation and a points deduction, not arguing about their innocence. Lazio/Fiorentina/Milan are all claiming they are innocent. Looks to me like Juventus are Fkd and will drop at least 1 division. Source was FA news feed but I couldnt get a link.
account deleted by request

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:30 pm

s@int wrote:Latest on the trial is that Juventus defence lawyers argued about the harshness of their proposed punishment, saying they might accept relegation and a points deduction, not arguing about their innocence. Lazio/Fiorentina/Milan are all claiming they are innocent. Looks to me like Juventus are Fkd and will drop at least 1 division. Source was FA news feed but I couldnt get a link.

Juventus are trying to limit the damage....they know they're f*cked and thats why they're now trying to cut a deal.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:35 pm

only player id love to sign is Zambrotta all the rest except Cannavaro can rot in serie c
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:37 pm

s@int wrote:Latest on the trial is that Juventus defence lawyers argued about the harshness of their proposed punishment, saying they might accept relegation and a points deduction, not arguing about their innocence. Lazio/Fiorentina/Milan are all claiming they are innocent. Looks to me like Juventus are Fkd and will drop at least 1 division. Source was FA news feed but I couldnt get a link.

bbc sport link
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:02 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5150260.stm

cheack out that first 11.... thats one hell of a team! (albeit with a questionable attack)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion