Juventus fire sale - Who would you want?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:39 pm

i wouldnt get your hopes up people as nothing will happen. An organisation such as juventus football club has to much power and influence to get a severe punishment, it's a shame but such is life. The rich and powerful never take the fall. Expect a few referees to get sacked, and a few low level employees at Juve.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu May 25, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:40 pm

the only player worth getting that could improve our squad imo is zambrotta.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Fri May 26, 2006 3:43 am

I would love to see Ibrahimovic given consideration, but at the same time, he was being questioned about this whole mess as he is part of some players association that is directly linked. With all the people in the head office for Juve resigning left right and center, I am sure something severe like a relegation might happen. So maybe we could pick up someone from them from cheap, guess we can only wait and see how this ends up.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Morth » Fri May 26, 2006 7:06 am

If Juve is the only club to have participated in these crimes, then yes, I think they will be relegated and the whole spiel.  However, Milan have also been dragged into this now according to Norwegian newspapers.  If all the powerhouses of Italian football have had their hands in this, I have trouble seeing the Italian FA demoting their entire "elite" to Serie C/B.  :(
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby JBG » Fri May 26, 2006 9:28 am

Juve won't be relegated.

They might be stripped of their title and a few heads might roll but they won't be relegated. The TV companies won't allow it. Man UTD could bribe refs and break what rules they please but the Premier League couldn't relegate them as Sky wouldn't allow it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:57 am

I heard Fiorentina and... er... someone else (forgotten who) is being deeply investigated as well. This could really destroy the credability and quality of Serie A, which would only leave the Spanish and English leagues as the best.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:20 am

ZAMBROTTA....QUALITY PLAYER

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Fri May 26, 2006 11:50 am

say they do get relegated.....i would only go for trezeguet.

id go for zambrotta as a backup for finnan (or vice versa), cos i like the way he plays.....and maybe camorenesi, but im not too keen on him, he seems to aggressive and arrogant.

Speaking of arrogance i would no way like ibrahimovic to come anfield, cos ive seen him play alot this season....and i dunno why but i dont think he will cut it in the premiership. He will not like being dropped, if he does get dropped, and he's got an attitude that i wouldn't want rafa to deal with...no doubt the guy is very good. But i just have a weird feeling about that guy....

other posibilities for me, olivera seems ok....thuram would be a good addition now that traore is a gonner....i dont think emerson would be good in premiership either.

Trezeguet mainly for me, he's the french ruud.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Fri May 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Viera night be available, what an insult to Arsenal that would be? Don't know if we'd have room for him in midfield though...

The players are being investigated for tax reasons. Its the officials of the club that are implicated in match-fixing.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 26, 2006 2:34 pm

This entire debacle might go someway to explaining Juve's complete roll-over against Arsenal in the Champions' League, and why that player who was sent off was smiling.

I know the allegations are only for Seria A, but if they can chaet in Italy, they can cheat anywhere.

I wonder if they were paid off? Because one thing is for sure - Juve did NOT turn up at Highbury. ???
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri May 26, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:37 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:This could really destroy the credability and quality of Serie A, which would only leave the Spanish and English leagues as the best.

I think you could argue that the credibility of Serie A went years ago. The quality is still there, granted, but Italy has some sort of scandal/investigation every season. It's a corrupt league, no question.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:23 pm

Decision on which if any Italian clubs are to be charged will be anounced after 4.30pm today. Clubs investigated Juventus, Milan, Lazio and  Fiorentina. May be bargain shopping time for Rafa :) bbcsports
account deleted by request

Postby 2520years » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Sorry to be contrary, but I don't think the best players will be very cheap.  We've still got to compete with the rest of Europe.  Even from a vulture's-eye view I can't realisitically see us benefitting from their potential demise.

We'll see.
:cool:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby kewellandthegang » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:28 pm

Judge wrote:is that down to match fixing etc??

i wouldnt want any of them

agreed they got no one worth a wXXk powder puff team nowadays

and there best players are too old

i bet ya rooney gets asked who he wants in the cl final next year - he will say juve

he,d love to f++k the old lady again
kewellandthegang

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:29 pm

No chance they will be relegated. They are supported too much all over italy and the tele rights would go down (although they may have their own now).

Italian footy is in a bad enough waty without getting rid of one of the biggest clubs.

I would love it though :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion