Drugs - Players found guilty

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:04 pm

The West ham player (can't remember his name) was banned last week for 7 months. Personally i don't agree.

If drugs are not sport enhancing then the player is not cheating and it is not up the FA to punish him. It is a police matter and should be left with them. Players abuse their bodies with alcahol and nothing is done.

Before people say "its illegal" then how about a player who doesn't pay his TV license, that is illegal.

Before people go on about roll models etc, if it wasn't made public that a player smoked a joint or took a line of coke then it wouldn't affect how the kids look at them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:10 pm

It was Shaun Newton.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:41 am

If it's in the rules, they can punish them.

I hate drugs, simple as that, and anyone who takes them deserves what they get.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RflaviusD » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:53 pm

I remember about Mutu...the guy @ from my avatar...from the moment he left chelsea i started haiting them so much...veeeery much :angry:
15 September 2005
DINAMO BUCHAREST 5-1 EVERTON
RflaviusD

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:55 pm

Mutu = Cokehead = Kn*bhead....... 'nuff said

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RflaviusD » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:36 am

Mutu=Romania=Dinamo=my favorite romanian player
15 September 2005
DINAMO BUCHAREST 5-1 EVERTON
RflaviusD

Postby Big Niall » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:56 pm

Alcahol is a drug too but if a player is drunk on an allowed night out then that is okay. Even drink drivers who endanger OTHER lives get off easier than somebody whith a "social" drug in them.

I just think drug testing should be to ensure that nobody is cheating by getting extra help. Social drugs is the police's job.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:40 pm

Big Niall wrote:"social"drug

I am am very anti drug whatever the substance.The phrase social drug sums up how society is changing.[not having a pop at you its a phrase used by everybody]Drugs are illegal in this country,and anybody who is caught using them should be brought before the courts.If it is somebody who buys a 10 deal or a big dealer they should all be charged.Without the small users we wouldnt have the big dealers.
   Is it right for the FA to ban a player,yes.Many employers now do random drug testing if an employee is found to have been using drugs he can be dissmissed.I know the FA dont employ players directly but the players come under the FAs duristriction.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:46 am

Big Niall wrote:Alcahol is a drug too but if a player is drunk on an allowed night out then that is okay. Even drink drivers who endanger OTHER lives get off easier than somebody whith a "social" drug in them.

I just think drug testing should be to ensure that nobody is cheating by getting extra help. Social drugs is the police's job.

Would drug-taking not come under "Bringing the game into disrepute" even if "social drugs" WERE simply a matter for the bobbies?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:31 am

Big Niall wrote:Alcahol

i think Nialls been drinking Alcohol

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:55 pm

The "social" drugs are not performance enhancing and like it was mentioned in a previous post, should be sorted by the Police... Would the FA dob players in to the Law though when they tested positive?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:11 pm

If a player is speeding, he is breaking the law and endangering other peoples lives. How many clubs would suspend a  player for that?

Alcohol is a drug as is nicotine which do lots of damage in society but football doesn't get involved there either.

I don't take illegal drugs but I don't think footballers should be tested for it, football clubs don't ask footballers to produce their TV licenses to show they aren't breaking the law.

Test sportsmen for cheating, otherwise it is the police's issue. If my employers wanted to drug test me I'd be seriously p1ssed off and would see if I could go somewhere else.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Des » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:24 pm

I agree brother, I dont see any harm in a player smoking a joint, after running about all week like the devils chasing ya, Id say hes earned it  :D
Its down to the clubs really . I bet they arent too strict on this matter with the likes of the Amsterdam clubs.
IGNORANCE IS BLISS
Des

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion