Candy
23%
Crown Paints
51%
Carlsburg
26%

Total votes : 35

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Preferred it when there were no sponseres . just plain all red shirts with a liverbird on it with a little LFC UNDERNEATH IT
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:00 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Preferred it when there were no sponseres . just plain all red shirts with a liverbird on it with a little LFC UNDERNEATH IT

You can still get those for current strips but you have to be quick as those are usually limited stock. And they are quite expensive too. I remember seeing the current home strip long sleeve with no sponsor for about £65 and that was with no name and number either.

We have Lyon in the group stages so there should be a few more made although we will probably wear our black strip there as I think their kit is white.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:12 pm

bavlondon wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Preferred it when there were no sponseres . just plain all red shirts with a liverbird on it with a little LFC UNDERNEATH IT

You can still get those for current strips but you have to be quick as those are usually limited stock. And they are quite expensive too. I remember seeing the current home strip long sleeve with no sponsor for about £65 and that was with no name and number either.

We have Lyon in the group stages so there should be a few more made although we will probably wear our black strip there as I think their kit is white.

ive still got one Bav its about 30 years old still in good nick an all bit tight round the boobs but still a top shirt,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:20 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

ive still got one Bav its about 30 years old still in good nick an all bit tight round the boobs but still a top shirt,

A lot of my early shirts are in tatters now. Shame really but I look after them all now so in 20 years I will have a nice collection.  :D

But I did buy a few old shirts that were re released by adidas recently. The 86/87 Crown Paints. That's probably my all time fav home shirt.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Crown Paints 1st, Hitachi 2nd as they remind me of the good old days when we use to win everything in sight  :)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Candy.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 am

I liked Candy best. But then again I was about 8 or 9 when that sponsorship started, and didn't have a clue that they were a company that made white goods - I think I thought I was advertising candy ciggarettes or something!
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 pm

i forgot i ever started this thread  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls