Please post your football related Polls in this forum

What would you rather have

win champions league
50%
hicks out
50%

Total votes : 26

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:25 pm

anyway since i have taken abuse from the usual tedious posters because i feel we are a football club, i have decided to have a poll to see what people think is more important.

notice this is in the football polls as it is football related, so what would you rather have this season given th choice of just one, bear in mind hicks has just given the precious rafa   two year extension if rumours are to be believed and its gillet and parry who want rafa out (if rumours are to be believed)

personally i will be amazed if people think getting hicks out is more important, also remember some of you say its affecting the football then in the next breath tell me how fantastic it is that we are in the CL semi and how well we are doing under rafa, so it is either affecting our football or it isnt, make your minds up.

of course you are welcome to comment but i would rather just have votes instead of the usual snide comments ruining another thread just because someone remembers we are  football club
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:06 am

Why should they be mutually exclusive?

Why can't we win the UCL and be rid of Hicks, and the circus he's brought to the club?

It's a fucking stupid question if you ask me.

Being succesful in the immediate future is very important, that is to say, our progress in the UCL starting with Chelsea next week.

However, If we're to be successful in the long-term, we need a solution to the boardroom stalemate that is now quite clearly damaging the club by preventing us from moving forward (plans for next season begin now). In my opinion, that means Hicks must sell up.

One is fundamental to the club moving forward, the other is achievable and also very important.

Which is more important?

Long-term stability or short-term success? (UCL success clearly also relates to our long-term success anyway - it's just that our ownership status/off the field issues outweigh the other in terms of long-term significance) 

Long-term stability.

'Which would you rather have?', and 'which is more important?' are two different questions since the former question implies that the two scenarios are mutually exclusive (when they clearly aren't), the latter doesn't. I'd sooner win the UCL and have our off-the-field problems resolved, therefore why omit the standout option? I want us to win the UCL just as much as I want our off the field problems resolved, that doesn't alter the fact that one possesses greater significance to our future than the other.

Obviously if you support Hicks, you're not going to agree with this P.O.V, but I don't know anyone (sane) who does support him, openly.
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:15 am

well it didnt take long for an idiot to appear.

its a simple question, this season which is more important to you personally?

its based on a comment in another thread.

if you dont want to be involved then quite simply dont be involved and feel free to keep your thoughts and your snide comments to yourself
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 am

I refer you to my previous answer.
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:22 am

well considering we all know they are not mutually exclusive then why dont you vote for the one which is most important to you, i know from your answer you would rather not win th cl this year given the choice of one,so tick the box, theres a good boy, it is a poll after all
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:25 am

I refer you to my previous answer, there's a good boy.  :;):
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:29 am

:D   seems people dont want to answer the question properly
112-1077774096

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:32 am

I posted this in another thread so it makes sense to put in it here as these are my views on this so i copied and pasted it.

Peewee you asked Bob would he sooner win the Champions league or get rid of Hicks this season.

Well i can honestly say as a match going fan for nearly 40 years and as someone who has already applied for a visa to Moscow i myself would sooner get rid of Hicks , I want this club back to the way we used to be . No doubt about it we will win the champions league again, But these two have turned the club i love into a shambles . FFS you never heard John Smith or Peter Robinson giving interviews on the telly or speaking about the internal going on at the club to every tom dick and harry,

First priority for me is two get these two out Hicks first then Gillette then Parry, And on a note here if we do go on and win the CL this season Raffa Benitez should be given the freedom of the  city for all the shi.t that he has had to put up with never mind a new contract
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:42 am

thanks nanny, i asked bob that question only as he tried to ridicule me for my belief that football was more important, considering we are a football club i would rather win the cl league this year than get hicks out. football first for me

people are saying they want hicks out because (one reason) it is affecting us on the pitch, surely a cl win would show thats not the case.

and just to make it clear i am not pro hicks, i am just not buying into the hysteria formulated by the press (i dont read it, people on here talk about how they lie and how they have it in for us, then whenever anything is written about the owner they believe its true)
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:43 am

Win champs league. Whatever happens behind the scenes could affect the club financially but I have no doubt it will be sorted out. At the minute the only trophy we have a chance of winning is the champions league so all our focus must be on that, 4th place is all but tied up so lets concentrate on supporting them to number 6. When the season is over, any protests and the like can continue without having a negative affect on players morale.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:31 am

peewee wrote:anyway since i have taken abuse from the usual tedious posters because i feel we are a football club, i have decided to have a poll to see what people think is more important.

notice this is in the football polls as it is football related, so what would you rather have this season given th choice of just one, bear in mind hicks has just given the precious rafa   two year extension if rumours are to be believed and its gillet and parry who want rafa out (if rumours are to be believed)

personally i will be amazed if people think getting hicks out is more important, also remember some of you say its affecting the football then in the next breath tell me how fantastic it is that we are in the CL semi and how well we are doing under rafa, so it is either affecting our football or it isnt, make your minds up.

of course you are welcome to comment but i would rather just have votes instead of the usual snide comments ruining another thread just because someone remembers we are  football club

You'll be thrilled to know I've voted Peewee. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 am

Peewee ,i put this in the other thread ,don't know if you read it or not ,but it's my feelings on the matter.

Peewee i bet you a pound to a pinch of salt 90% of match going fans will say hicks out is more important and they'd be right . I couldn't tell you what none match going fans would think ,as there's far to many to make a good guess . I'll make a guess anyway . I'd say if the fans are well informed ones like yourself and bob .it'would be 75% for hicks out . For the ones who are not well informed and are just along for the ride ,i'd guess at 50% / 50% split.

Now we all want LFC to win the champions league obviously ,but the vast majority of fans imo think that what the two americans are doing to our club is so serious that the very future of the club is at stake.

I know what your views on rafa are peewee (you let us know often enough lol ) and although i don't agree with them ,i accept and understand why you've come to this opinion .
Seriously though mate i wish you would get a grasp of the seriousness of the situation and i think you would if you were going the match still ,infact i know you would . I firmly believe you like alot of the fans have done ,would put your views on rafa to one side and concentate on getting our club back on an even keele. I would bet my mortgage on it that you would be one of the loudest calling for the yanks to go.

This is not an anti peewee post mate , it's not my style, i'm just trying to give you a heads up on the depth of feeling amongst the majority of fans imo.

YNWA.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:57 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Peewee ,i put this in the other thread ,don't know if you read it or not ,but it's my feelings on the matter.

Peewee i bet you a pound to a pinch of salt 90% of match going fans will say hicks out is more important and they'd be right . I couldn't tell you what none match going fans would think ,as there's far to many to make a good guess . I'll make a guess anyway . I'd say if the fans are well informed ones like yourself and bob .it'would be 75% for hicks out . For the ones who are not well informed and are just along for the ride ,i'd guess at 50% / 50% split.

Now we all want LFC to win the champions league obviously ,but the vast majority of fans imo think that what the two americans are doing to our club is so serious that the very future of the club is at stake.

I know what your views on rafa are peewee (you let us know often enough lol ) and although i don't agree with them ,i accept and understand why you've come to this opinion .
Seriously though mate i wish you would get a grasp of the seriousness of the situation and i think you would if you were going the match still ,infact i know you would . I firmly believe you like alot of the fans have done ,would put your views on rafa to one side and concentate on getting our club back on an even keele. I would bet my mortgage on it that you would be one of the loudest calling for the yanks to go.

This is not an anti peewee post mate , it's not my style, i'm just trying to give you a heads up on the depth of feeling amongst the majority of fans imo.

YNWA.

spot on Igor, great post mate.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:16 am

CL is way more important. cant stand hicks but some of what he said (we need more spionsors and to do better abroad and to get rid of parry) i agree with.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:02 am

dawson99 wrote:CL is way more important. cant stand hicks but some of what he said (we need more spionsors and to do better abroad and to get rid of parry) i agree with.

I think most of us agreed with what Hicks said Dawson, its whether you believe he will do what he said.
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Football Related Polls