Please post your football related Polls in this forum

What would you rather have

win champions league
50%
hicks out
50%

Total votes : 26

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:15 am

dont see why he wouldnt, he'll do whatever makes him more money, and increasing sponsorship and the world brand will do that
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:19 am

dawson99 wrote:dont see why he wouldnt, he'll do whatever makes him more money, and increasing sponsorship and the world brand will do that

I was meaning more along the lines of removing the debt and building our new stadium whilst still providing money for transfers.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:54 am

In an ideal world i want both,Hicks can fu.ck off back to his ranch and die for all i care and Number 6 can come home and take its place in history beside its 5 friends! :D

But if a gun was put to my head(by Peewee) i would say every day of the week that getting Hicks out and stabilising the club for the longterm future is light years more important than winning the C/L!

I dont think a lot of people have grasped the reality of how dangerous a situation the club is in.If things are not rectified very soon the financial future of the club could be in chaos.Our reputation will suffer.We wont have money for a new stadium.Players will leave(or we may be forced to sell them on).
Torres and Babel may be reposessed by the bank.A world class manager will move on(one that i firmly believe WILL win the league,when given the financial means and a bit more patience).
World class players will not look sideways at a chance for signing for LFC.

The whole situation will only mean one thing,our closest competetors will move onwards and upwards while we stagnate and spiral downwards!

There is no real need for a question of what is more important i feel its blatently obvious to anyone with half a brain,or someone that cares more for the clubs longterm future as opposed to a quick fix of glory and celebration.

LFC will go on for a lot longer than we will live for(i hope).
There will be much more glory in years ahead if we sort this situation out and get these cowboys out.
It would be great to win number 6 and we have as good a chance as ony of the 4 teams left.
BUT...........the glory and celebration will be shortlived if the club is left in incompetent hands and falls into a financial mess.The knock on effects will be catastrophic and id rather loose in the final than watch the whole club go down the shi.tter for years to come!
I could'nt bare to watch that happen! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:58 pm

Winning the CL would if anything make Hicks even more determined to keep his teeth sunk into LFC .

Of course I want to see us beat Barcelona  ( :D )  in this years final BUT I would gladly sacrifice that glory if it meant we'd get rid of Hicks and Co.

No shame is losing a CL final, especially when you've won it 5 times , but there could be years of pain with Hicks at the helm. So in answer to the question I vote sod this years CL, we'll be back again next season especially if the club is once again stabilised and the Arabs pour in the required cash, and i believe they will.

Hicks out.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:08 pm

we're starting to sound more and more like chelsea by the day just waiting for the money to pour in.

whats happened to wanting to win the cups we are in and that being the most important?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:we're starting to sound more and more like chelsea by the day just waiting for the money to pour in.

whats happened to wanting to win the cups we are in and that being the most important?

Same thing as what happend to signing players wh'd play for £25 quid a week I suppose.

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:21 pm

touche, but there has to be a happy medium. i think once parry is gone (for the record i find hmi more to blame than ANYONE) and we just have one party in control (gilette and Hicks are playing tug o war) then things will get better. of course wed prefer DIC but i think hicks will do something with us thats in our interest as its in his. but right now i want the CL more than hicks gone by far
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:right now i want the CL more than hicks gone by far

:D

Sounds like a touch of the no condom syndrome,

"I should pull out , I will pull out , I ...........awwwwww, f'uck it ! I'll worry about the consequences tomorrow ! !
.                                                                         :nod   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 pm

...basically yeah. why worry about getting an umbrella tomorrow if it isnt raining THAT hard today... and it aint pouring yet
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Thanks for the quality answers guys, sadly we have the usual moronic answer from the guy who doesn't know what its like to even go to a game and the usual pathetic attempt at ridicule.

Well its a sad indictment, some of you have forgot we are a football
club, we are Liverpool FC not Liverpool PLC, I can understand some so called fans thinking its not important to win trophies (the recent bandwagon jumpers), the fans who don't know what its like to stand on the kop as yet another title comes home, the fans who accept poor performances and make excuses for them, but those of us who have been there should want football to take priority, and some if you question my support, laughable really. :laugh:

Anyway last time I looked we were in the CL semi, not bad for a club where the so called hysteria off the pitch has affected our playing
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:04 pm

peewee wrote:Thanks for the quality answers guys, sadly we have the usual moronic answer from the guy who doesn't know what its like to even go to a game and the usual pathetic attempt at ridicule.

Well its a sad indictment, some of you have forgot we are a football
club, we are Liverpool FC not Liverpool PLC, I can understand some so called fans thinking its not important to win trophies (the recent bandwagon jumpers), the fans who don't know what its like to stand on the kop as yet another title comes home, the fans who accept poor performances and make excuses for them, but those of us who have been there should want football to take priority, and some if you question my support, laughable really. :laugh:

That's it, Peewee, keep patronizing people...I'm sure that'll convince them to see it your way.  :no

Anyway last time I looked we were in the CL semi, not bad for a club where the so called hysteria off the pitch has affected our playing

We must have one hell of a manager, I guess.  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:36 pm

do you know what patronising means bob? take a look at your own posts when someone has a different opinion to you.

anyway feel free to keep following me round the board and disputing with me, you lack of knowledge about the club and the feelings of some fans is laughable, no doubt if someone like leon changed his opinion you would quickly follow suit just to fit in. thats you all over bob, no knowledge and no passion and some petty desire to ridicule someone who has been to hundreds of games, home, away, europe, been to finals etc etc etc, and you think your borrowed opinion counts more than mine   :laugh:

as for wanting to change peoples opinions, why? i have no desire to do that, i have my opinion and you have other peoples opinions
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:48 pm

peewee wrote:do you know what patronising means bob? take a look at your own posts when someone has a different opinion to you.

anyway feel free to keep following me round the board and disputing with me, you lack of knowledge about the club and the feelings of some fans is laughable, no doubt if someone like leon changed his opinion you would quickly follow suit just to fit in. thats you all over bob, no knowledge and no passion and some petty desire to ridicule someone who has been to hundreds of games, home, away, europe, been to finals etc etc etc, and you think your borrowed opinion counts more than mine   :laugh:

as for wanting to change peoples opinions, why? i have no desire to do that, i have my opinion and you have other peoples opinions

Whatever you say Peewee.  The responses you've received so far tell the whole story as far as I'm concerned: you're well out of touch.  I had no illusions you'd value my perspective on this issue but clearly you have considerable contempt for the views of other long-standing Liverpool supporters who have also been to hundreds of games, home, away, Europe and finals, etc.  But you just keep pretending its only me and a few other 'glory hunters' who disagree with you.  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:03 pm

no bob, i respect the match goers who have formed their own opinions, they have theirs and i have mine, however its only the usual few suspects who choose to resort to ridicule as always in some attempt to cause problems just because its me.

i dont see nanny, igor, judge, woof etc etc etc resorting to ridicule, they respect my belief and i respect theirs, i respect leons view as its his view based on passion for the club, my view is based on passion for the club, but they are our beliefs bob, based on life long support, its no problem to me that we have differing views, thats life, its just a shame that someone who will just never get what its all about tries to take the p*ss out of someone who has a red family, who has a sister born during the 65 cup final in liverpool while her dad and grandad were at wembley, who stood on the kop aged 6 and then went regularly until 2002 when he emigrated, who even flew to finland for a pretty meaningless first away game in europe after the ban, so if you want to respect the views of real reds bob, then also respect my view, and like i keep saying, at least it is my view based on my love for the club and not justed based on following the crowd on here.

now i feel this conversation has run its course bob, feel free to keep having digs if you want bu i think most people on here (apart from the obvious few) respect mt belief even if they dont agree with it
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:21 pm

If Peter Webster aint having a mid life crisis.....im the pope! :D :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls