Please post your football related Polls in this forum

What would you rather have

win champions league
50%
hicks out
50%

Total votes : 26

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:23 pm

Number 9 wrote:If Peter Webster aint having a mid life crisis.....im the pope! :D :D

i have no idea who peter webster is mate, look at my msn log in properly, it doesnt say webster    :D

i am simply putting a few people straight about a few simple things
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:00 pm

peewee wrote:no bob, i respect the match goers who have formed their own opinions, they have theirs and i have mine, however its only the usual few suspects who choose to resort to ridicule as always in some attempt to cause problems just because its me.

Since you're deep into your disinformation campaign about me in several threads now, I'll just take this opportunity to remind you who started with the insults and ridicule.  It's worth remembering that respect is a two way street.  You're moaning to all and sundry that I don't respect you when it was you that started in with the insults about going to matches and originality of opinions.

peewee wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
peewee wrote:the point i am trying to make is that there are bigger issues at the club than the owners

I 100% disagree with this point.  That is all.

:laugh:   yeah its the owners fault for everything, lets blame them for things that happened before they even took over as well that are still ongoing.

bob get your own opinion rather than following the masses and you might get some respect, or at least go to a game

Now, that's my last word on the matter.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:51 pm

peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:If Peter Webster aint having a mid life crisis.....im the pope! :D :D

i have no idea who peter webster is mate, look at my msn log in properly, it doesnt say webster    :D

I checked with multinational companies and they know peter webster!

He owns hotels,hes minted!!!
They all say the same thing about you...........full o shi.te!!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Liverpool Football Club stands for winning trophies and that our business. For that business to continue in the future there must be a Liverpool Football Club, but with Hicks in the boardroom there is a real danger of Liverpool Football Club not existing in any kind of capacity to win those trophies.

I would dearly love to see number 6 being brought down those steps off of the plane at Speke come may but not at the expense of Hicks (and Gillett for that matter) turning us into another one of their mediocre sporting franchises like they have done in the states.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:12 am

Bad Bob wrote:Now, that's my last word on the matter.

at last, bob grows up
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:15 am

Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:

i have no idea who peter webster is mate, look at my msn log in properly, it doesnt say webster     

I checked with multinational companies and they know peter webster!

He owns hotels,hes minted!!!
They all say the same thing about you...........full o shi.te!!!   :laugh:

wow stu, this is different to our msn chats, i never thought you would join the wums on here.

anyway one person already doubted my occupation then never took the chance to call my company and find out the truth, he would rather deal in mis information also.

i love the jealousy on here    :laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:28 am

peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:He owns hotels,hes minted!!!

wow stu, this is different to our msn chats, i never thought you would join the wums on here.

It's not Stu.  Got your finger on the pulse again, I see.  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:44 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Peewee ,i put this in the other thread ,don't know if you read it or not ,but it's my feelings on the matter.

Peewee i bet you a pound to a pinch of salt 90% of match going fans will say hicks out is more important and they'd be right . I couldn't tell you what none match going fans would think ,as there's far to many to make a good guess . I'll make a guess anyway . I'd say if the fans are well informed ones like yourself and bob .it'would be 75% for hicks out . For the ones who are not well informed and are just along for the ride ,i'd guess at 50% / 50% split.

Now we all want LFC to win the champions league obviously ,but the vast majority of fans imo think that what the two americans are doing to our club is so serious that the very future of the club is at stake.

I know what your views on rafa are peewee (you let us know often enough lol ) and although i don't agree with them ,i accept and understand why you've come to this opinion .
Seriously though mate i wish you would get a grasp of the seriousness of the situation and i think you would if you were going the match still ,infact i know you would . I firmly believe you like alot of the fans have done ,would put your views on rafa to one side and concentate on getting our club back on an even keele. I would bet my mortgage on it that you would be one of the loudest calling for the yanks to go.

This is not an anti peewee post mate , it's not my style, i'm just trying to give you a heads up on the depth of feeling amongst the majority of fans imo.

YNWA.

Theres no doubt a lot of people want hicks to go. But a lot of people who reply on forums are not match goers themselves but support the club regardless. I havent been to a match in ages. Therefore many just want him to leave and let the club progress. Heres my take on the situation.

I, like many, do not like what is going on with our owners. They are ridiculing the club and everyone associated with it. On the other hand though you have rafa, the players and the supporters. Rafa who has to handle all the pressure of being manager of LFC. The players who work hard in training to ensure that there performances on the pitch gel and get results, then the supporters who pay a large portion of there wages to go and support this team who they love. Would I sacrifice the champions league to get rid of hicks? no, of course not, too many people have worked hard to come this far and to sacrifice it all for one man would be ludicrous. Whatever happens with the owners will eventually be sorted out, the stress cannot be good for the ole hearts now can it?  :D  Reward those who deserve to be rewarded.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:57 am

Kharhaz youve hit the nail on the head with your quote here

"They are ridiculing the club and everyone associated with it."

Thats why for me i would willingly sacrifice a CL if it meant getting rid of them.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:15 am

Bad Bob wrote:
peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:He owns hotels,hes minted!!!

It's not Stu.  Got your finger on the pulse again, I see.  :laugh:

bob you are soooooooooo easy     :D
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:19 pm

wish i could lock this thread for a cool off period
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:16 pm

A Spade in the Ground in 60 days? 440 Days later…..

After last week’s interview, after the roaring fire and the lovely mug, after the sweet words and all those promises that Uncle Tom would never make in bad faith, well, Spirit Of Shankly are convinced. Convinced enough by Tom Hicks to do him and his estranged partner a favour.

When they got to Liverpool they told us they’d have a spade in the ground within sixty days. There must be some perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they haven’t.

Just as there must be a perfectly reasonable explanation why Hicks told us he wasn’t negotiating with DIC when he was, a splendid explanation for the football club servicing hundreds of millions of debt when Gillett said they wouldn’t do a Glazer, a magnificent explanation for when Hicks said he hadn’t spoken to any other managers when he had spoken to Klinsmann, a stupefying explanation for them consistently insisting they hadn’t fallen out when they had and an explanation way beyond human comprehension of them consistently insisting they’d spent millions and millions last summer when it turns out Torres and Babel were bought on credit notes.

There must now be some terrific explanation for a man who said: “You don't even have to win a championship every year to draw the fans. You just have to show you're really trying. This business has to do with fan affinity and brand devotion. It doesn't necessarily have to do with winning.” To now say he wants this club top of the pile. Or for a man who said: “When I was in the leverage buy-out business we bought Weetabix and we leveraged it up to make our return. You could say that anyone who was eating Weetabix was paying for our purchase of Weetabix. It was just business. It is the same for Liverpool.” To now say if he takes 100% of the club he’ll do so without debt being on the club.

It’s time for the benefit of the doubt to be given.

Yep, they’ve tried their best to do what’s right for Liverpool Football Club and if we could only get behind them then we’d soon find ourselves back top of the pile. Well we can do more than just silently support them. We’ll put the spade in the ground for them, tonight, in Stanley Park. 6pm, Spirit Of Shankly will be there, doing their bit to help the Hicks effort, digging for victory.

Hicks and Gillett told us it’ll be 60 days.
We’re telling you it’ll be at 6 o’clock.
Who do you believe?

Stanley Park. Tonight. 6pm. We’ll be the ones with the spades.

Sarcasm Of (Sorry…) Spirit Of Shankly

Die hard match going reds.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:09 am

“You don't even have to win a championship every year to draw the fans. You just have to show you're really trying. This business has to do with fan affinity and brand devotion. It doesn't necessarily have to do with winning.”

Obviously I disagree, the whole idea of supporting, running and playing for a football club is to win things, now lets see these poll votes again....oh guess im wrong.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 am

Kharhaz wrote:
“You don't even have to win a championship every year to draw the fans. You just have to show you're really trying. This business has to do with fan affinity and brand devotion. It doesn't necessarily have to do with winning.”

Obviously I disagree, the whole idea of supporting, running and playing for a football club is to win things, now lets see these poll votes again....oh guess im wrong.

amazing, only 2 people on the whole forum realise we are a football club first and foremost.
112-1077774096

Postby andy_g » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 am

its a daft question if you want my honest opinion (which, ok, no one has asked for but i'm giving it anyway) and relates to an unrealistic scenario. its a choice we're never going to have to make so it can only work as a thought experiment, but seeing as the options are not mutually exclusive it falls down here aswell.

peewee, the one correct statement you have made in this and other threads (again, in my opinion) is that liverpool football club does what it says on the tin - its a football club. football is its trade, its most important activity and successful football is what it should focus on. i don't get though, how you can be so dismissive of the fact that if hicks, or people like him, keep meddling in the affairs of the business that backs the football club and makes the football club possible then in the not too far distant future any chance we have of remaining a successful football club will be shot to fu.cking pieces.

its fairly plain to anyone that judging by recent form the boardroom shambles isn't affecting current form on the pitch, so lets knock that nonsense on the head. but can we guarantee that its not going to affect performances on the pitch in the future? and while we're at it lets imagine that this isn't about benitez either. personally i like the guy, and despite certain approaches of his (not mistakes and not stupidity) not being the most successful so far, i think he's the best we've had for a long time by a country mile. but who's to say that if he was to go we wouldn't get another excellent manager in, maybe we would and maybe we'd carry on making progress.

but what if the situation of ownership and management of the business and the management that facilitates the good running of the football club is so fu.cked up that no quality manager and no quality players want to come anywhere near us? alongside the quality players we have got opting to do one because they see the whole shebang is going down the pan... doesn't bear thinking about, does it?

champions league win? - yes please
hicks out? - yes please, with cream on

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls