The right decision ? - Rafa let owen slip away.

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

The right decision ? - Rafa let owen slip away.

1,Good decision we don't need Owen
43%
2,Poor decision I think we'll regret it
33%
3,Haven't got a clue what Rafa is thinking
24%

Total votes : 21

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:08 pm

Considering the massive response to the two major threads concerning Owen I'm keen to cut through all the emotional bull and establish how members basically view the news that Owen will not be returning to us .

Personally I'm gutted , think we have made a big error in letting him slip away . Gotta admire Rafa though , the fella has put his reputation on the line . Lack of success this season and people will question his half hearted attempt to resign Owen .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:56 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Considering the massive response to the two major threads concerning Owen I'm keen to cut through all the emotional bull and establish how members basically view the news that Owen will not be returning to us .

Personally I'm gutted , think we have made a big error in letting him slip away . Gotta admire Rafa though , the fella has put his reputation on the line . Lack of success this season and people will question his half hearted attempt to resign Owen .

I  would love to have seen  him  come Woof  but  if we payed 17 miillion big ones i would have cried! Real were out  to rob  us big time! Personally  im  glad  that  the  board and manager had the b@lls not to be done!
at  least all the speculation is  over now and we can  move on..........soon!
66-1120597113

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:08 pm

Of course gutted when I heard.. a bit gob smacked actually .. :D

On reflection:

- I always felt that if Benitez's did not want him then that;s what we should stick with.
- the club were not gonna pay the ludicrous amount that them desperados offered, why should we be held to ransom?
- If as is reported Owen has a 'get out' clause of £12m after 12 months.. hello hello .. what kind of committment is that ??? It's clear what his motovation is
- Michael will play first team football.. but at what price he was so ordinary up against the likes of Raul, Ronaldo etc.. will he be worth 12m next summer and more improtatnly will we want him then any way?

Finally once our strikers start scoring .. we will be fine lets have some faith, Owen left us 12 months ago at the drop of a hat, Benitez acted with dignity then and won us the most precious prize.

We have had a good start this season too, and we will be competing and defending our title as European Champions and honourable Super Cup Champs. Things are on the up lets show faith and support to this man who has already turned around our fortunes and status we are amongst the elite.. again.

:)
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:42 pm

I am delighted
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:43 pm

Lets just see what our strikers can do this season
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Woollyback » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:12 pm

but the question isn't about "letting him slip through our fingers" - we couldn't afford what madrid wanted for him so whether rafa wanted him back or not is irrelevant, we just don't have the money
Last edited by Woollyback on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:48 pm

I am sad to see him go elsewhere, wouldn't say gutted. I fall under the 'no idea what Rafa is thinking' category......I think he has earned the right to do what he wants. We'll judge later.

As for letting him slip through our fingers...surely this is just a case of not being willing to pay more for him than we received just 12 months ago and that's all. I think that if Newcastle hadn't have jumped in with the big money like that, things might have been different.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards. This will be a building season, I really don't think that we can expect major success like we did last season. We're all looking for more consistant, stable playing first and foremost and anything else is a bonus.
Homebooby

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:07 pm

im also gutted for owen  but im with barrybelfast on this one  im glad the board and rafa had the guts to stand up to rm and say no way we will be robbed by you again   but with a get out clause in his contract of 12 million  a return to lfc in 12 months is verry likely    im glad for owen that he has left those mother feckers rm   no club deals like those robing fecks   im glad for cisse he will now have the chance to show the world what he is about  :)

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:16 am

i think rafa said ''right player = right price'', or something like that

better for lfc
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:04 am

If Lpool can get it right with the strikers they got, who cares what happens with Owen and Newcastle.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:24 am

you voted answer 1 then :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:22 am

Owen has blundered big time for the second year in succession.If he had made it explicitly clear weeks ago that he would never join Newcastle,than they would never have made a bid.Real would have had no choice but to take the eight million on offer from Liverpool and we all would have been happy.As it is,the only winners(yet again) are Real Madrid.They get 25 million Euros for their FIFTH choice striker(how do they do it?).Newcastle put themselves into debt for a player who doesnt want to play for them,Liverpool supporters tear themselves apart yet again and Michael Owen is the biggest loser of the lot.A year ago he could have joined any club in the world and if he had stayed he would have been a European champion.Now he is playing for Newcastle.He really is the biggest loser in all this.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:00 pm

we still have gerrard tho', and we won champs league without owen..........think about it
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:10 pm

At the end of the day we weren't prepared to pay double what Real paid us a year ago. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls