Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Owen v van nistelrooy - Who is better

MICHAEL OWEN
51%
RUUD VAN NISTELROOY
49%

Total votes : 47

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:06 pm

Me and Dom1 have got into a mini debate over who is better out of Michael Owen and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
Now Dom thinks Horseface is better despite Owen has spent a lot of time out injured and Owen is clearly Madrids first choice signing this summer.
If Owen was at a team where he was getting more service such as Man United and he was injury free he would get a lot more goals than Horseface and he has more years ahead of him.
Please vote people and say why.

Regards
Beavis
116-1065305004

Postby Neo# » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:45 pm

I voted for Ruud. They are two totally different types of forward. They would be the ideal partnership really. However if I had to choose one for my team it would be Ruud. His goalscoring record speaks for itself. If Owen had the same service and injury free type season as Ruud last year he would probably score as many goals. But thats just it he is injury prone and seems to have low confidence spells.
Neo#

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:50 pm

Neo# wrote:I voted for Ruud. They are two totally different types of forward. They would be the ideal partnership really. However if I had to choose one for my team it would be Ruud. His goalscoring record speaks for itself. If Owen had the same service and injury free type season as Ruud last year he would probably score as many goals. But thats just it he is injury prone and seems to have low confidence spells.

Exactly what I am saying, Ruud may score more goals but he has had all the luck in the world on the injury front and he gets loads of service.
If Owen had Ruuds injury record(or lack of) and service he would bag just as many as Ruud would.
Thats why Madrid want Owen as their first choice, they said if they dont get him(THEY WILL GET HIM WAIT AND SEE) they will go for Ruud or Henry.
116-1065305004

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:06 pm

yeah you can't really compare the two because ruud gets chances put on a plate for him at man u. in our side he'd only score 5-10 a season if that. he's a poacher. owen isn't at the moment because he's having to come deep to pick up the ball as he's not getting the service.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:11 pm

stmichael wrote:yeah you can't really compare the two because ruud gets chances put on a plate for him at man u. in our side he'd only score 5-10 a season if that. he's a poacher. owen isn't at the moment because he's having to come deep to pick up the ball as he's not getting the service.

Thats what Ive said to Dom1 but Dom reckons Ruud is twice the player Owen is which is bullsh#t because why would Owen be first on Madrids list this summer and Ruud is second on the list?
Dom also reckons Saha is better than Owen :D
116-1065305004

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:18 pm

saha better than owen? on what evidence can anyone say that? owens one of the best strikers in the world and has proved it at world cups etc. the guys got 24 goals for england at the age of 23 for gods sake. rvn is a more all-round player at this current time but i'd still take owen anyday. if he went to madrid he'd be leaps and bounds better than rvn within 2 years anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:38 pm

If rvn didn't score so many tap-ins, dive so much and wasn't such a w@nker generally then I still wouldn't vote for him :laugh: It is true, he does rather get the goals set up on a platter for him and still manages to miss some! He has played for two weaker dutch sides and scored 30 goals in 100 games, amazingly he moves to PSV and then manure and his goals per game are nearer 1

Put rvn in a Wolves team and he'd probably just walk round in a constant stroppy mood, gesticulating and moaning to the ref. I reckon his diving would get worse and his disciplinary record would be attrocious. Yet some might consider him "loyal" for saying he'll stay at old trafford the rest of his career! ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:47 am

I don't care what people say RVN is a great striker and would be a valuable asset to any side.  Sure, Owen was Real Madrids first BID, but how do we know he was their first CHOICE?  Maybe they looked at RVN and said to themselves, I don't think he is going to leave Man U, they then look at Owen who says he is leaving if Liverpool don't get a champions league spot and they say, hey presto our new striker!  That doesn't mean Owen was who they'd rather have it just means they weighed up the pros and cons and figured if they got Owen it would be cheaper and easier then RVN and he's almost as good (I rate RVN marginally above Owen, the funny thing is that if they played together you'd have almost the perfect compliment for your attacking partnership).
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:18 pm

If Madrid wanted Van Nistelrooy they would get him, they never fail to get their man in the transfer market
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:08 pm

the return of beavis wrote:If Madrid wanted Van Nistelrooy they would get him, they never fail to get their man in the transfer market

or in this case van ;)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:44 pm

the return of beavis wrote:Me and Dom1 have got into a mini debate over who is better out of Michael Owen and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
Now Dom thinks Horseface is better despite Owen has spent a lot of time out injured and Owen is clearly Madrids first choice signing this summer.
If Owen was at a team where he was getting more service such as Man United and he was injury free he would get a lot more goals than Horseface and he has more years ahead of him.

Regards
Beavis

IF , IF ,IF ,IF ,IF  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:27 pm

cheesecakery wrote:
the return of beavis wrote:Me and Dom1 have got into a mini debate over who is better out of Michael Owen and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Regards
Beavis

IF , IF ,IF ,IF ,IF  :D

And you wonder why people say you are a manc :D

The fact is Owen would be twice the player Van Nistelrooy is if he had the service and lack of injuries that old Horseface as, so whoever goes around saying Nistelrooy is better just because he scores more goals are talking through their a#ses :D
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:10 am

suddenly it's gone from 6-3 in favour of Owen to 7-6 in favour of cheat - methinks the aliases have done some voting here ???
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:07 pm

I think Rvn Is a better all round player that Owen,better in the air ,sharper,stronger ,even a better spot kicker.
But RvN IS A DIVER! and hes uglier too! Theres not much in it really
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:47 pm

Owzat wrote:suddenly it's gone from 6-3 in favour of Owen to 7-6 in favour of cheat - methinks the aliases have done some voting here ???

Yeah Has and Cheesedick the Man Utd Worshipper.
116-1065305004

Next

Return to Football Related Polls