Should owen return

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Should owen return

Do you think this a step backwards for our club.
37%
Will he be the answer to our strike force.
63%

Total votes : 19

Postby Flashard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:56 am

There has been and will all ways be the talk of owens return, even our beloved CAPTAIN wants to see him come back. So i thought we could get some debate going as to wheather "Owen should return"
Flashard

Postby neil » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:41 am

Good idea, someone should've thought of this by now.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:53 am

I think he is a great player but Raffa for what ever reasons has his doubt or he would have been here by know. I just feel that teams started to know how to play us when we had Owen. Sit deep bottle up Gerrard and hope for set plays to nick a goal.
I also think that his best days are gone, if we are looking for that sort of player who is Penalty area minded, will sit on the shoulder of the last defender, then lets get Defoe. His best is yet to come and i do not often see him with Muscular injuries and sitting in the doctors waiting room.

Let someone else take Owen on and build a team round him and lets trust in Raffa. :bowdown
Flashard

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:00 am

yes yes and yes again.

If it is good enough for rafa ,SG and carra it is good enough for me

owen is a world class striker, and will take the club foward, all the over seas players that people go on about need time to settle in and get used to the culture,(baros,diouf,dundee,camara,etc)

most of the smaller named players very rarly make the step up in class ( heskey, collymore, saunders,etc)

we need owen as much as he wants to come back, gerrard is loyal but he also realises the class of the lad, he gets abuse on here for not being a scouser( welsh,turncoat,shortar'se,etc)

after all said and done he made an error leaving when we had a new manager turning up, and now he is at a club that will only turn on him when he can't carry the team like shearer has and he is not a geordie so he will get stick for lack of passion.

on his injures he has always come back and proved people wrong, and like SG seems to have outgrown some of his muscle problems, and he has not had the same injury twice as far as i can remember,

I am a confessed owen fan because he will score goals and imo he is a better player now than when he left,  open arms would welcome him back and after the goals started going in all the snipers would be wearing owen on there shirts again..............  OWEN FOR CISSIE SWAP DEAL :cool:
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Bretc » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:20 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again - NO, he should not return! Owen is a great player, in fact, he's just what we need to solve our goal-scoring problem. BUT I'll always remember how he played us out twice BIG-TIME! First, he duped us into believing that he will renew his contract and then forced Liverpool to sell him on the cheap! Part 2 - He could have simply say no to Newcastle and wait for our offer in Jan BUT what did he do? He jumped onto the Toons' wagon cos he's worried about his England place! Yes, he's the solution to our problem BUT it's just NOT RIGHT to sign him. No player is above the club, no matter how good he is! There are other talents out there e.g. Kuyt, Defoe, Yakubu...I'm happy to grab any of them over Owen! Oh another thing, no mgr in the world will swap Owen for that pathetic Cisse. :D
Bretc

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:23 am

yeah but glen roder might :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:26 am

I think if we have to pay maybe 1 or 2 mil over his price it would be better than splashing out th same amount on a striker that wouldnt be as good and proven on Mersyside. Perhaps Cisse would like a sway to Newacstle. Im sure Newcastle would go or Cisse plus 5 or 6 Million.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:27 am

But if his rumored release cluase is anything to go by we could just buy him for 10 Mil anyway. Im not to bothered when he comes out in the press and says that hes happy there becasue thats what he said at Madrid before he left and at aLiverpool so im sue if he gets the chance deep down he would once again jump at a chance to play for us again.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:30 am

I could almost predict our play if we get Own. He would be marked out of the game. the long ball tatic would be employed for Crouch to flick on. With Owen i think we become one dimentional. Yes he is good but not as good as when he was 18-22 as he had lightening pace over 20 yrds which would take him a away from the last defender. That my point that we would need to play long. don't want that thanks.

Sorry for the negative view on him big step backwards for me.

Was he the answer for Souness ???? ????
Where are they at the moment.
Flashard

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:30 am

bavlondon wrote:I think if we have to pay maybe 1 or 2 mil over his price it would be better than splashing out th same amount on a striker that wouldnt be as good and proven on Mersyside. Perhaps Cisse would like a sway to Newacstle. Im sure Newcastle would go or Cisse plus 5 or 6 Million.

Not after yesterday  :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am

all that owen snubs gerrard was boll@cks, all he said that he was happy where he is.

what the feck else is he going to release to the press ???

10 mill would mean we lost 2 mill on owen's holiday in spain, or we can risk 10-15 mill on some one unproven

and for all the good point of defoe he isn't that consistant a goal scorer even when he is playing, i think would be part of a great front line for liverpool, owen, defoe,crouch,fowler   three out and out goal scorers that are slighty different and crouch
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:34 am

most managers wouldn't swap cissie for a good cup of tea at half time
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:36 am

All i hope is that Rafa does make a move for Owen in the summer: In fact Rafa dropped  slight hint yesterday or the day before.

Well its no a hint but make what you will of it.

He said:

"I consult my squad sometimes when thinking of signing new players. I talk to Sammi if there is a Finnish player and I talk to Stevie and Jamie when talkin about players they know"

Now that player could be anyone from Michael Owen, to Joey Barton to Kevin Nolan. My suspiciaon is that it is MO but only time will tell.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:37 am

Does Owen enjoy sitting on the bench.? ???

Could see him becoming upset as Raffa does like to rotate alot.
He has had a lot of time out in recent years he will want every game i feel.
Flashard

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:39 am

Flashard wrote:Does Owen enjoy sitting on the bench.? ???

Could see him becoming upset as Raffa does like to rotate alot.
He has had a lot of time out in recent years he will want every game i feel.

I think hed be happy just to be back at Liverpool knowing that hes in a squad on the up. I sure hes absolutley gutted he missed out on winning the CL and i bet thats still on his mind, it must be. I dont think even MO could fathom that Newcastle could be such a shyte team. They rckon they will cath a UEFA cup spot but dont see that where thyere sitting at the moment.

Come home Michael.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls