Should owen return

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Should owen return

Do you think this a step backwards for our club.
37%
Will he be the answer to our strike force.
63%

Total votes : 19

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:45 am

I really believe Owen was going to sign the deal BEFORE Real Madrid came in for him.  I don't think there is a player is the Premiership who wouldn't have gone to Real Madrid when they came calling.  (Not when Owen went, maybe different now) as they are probably the biggest club in the world.

He needed to be playing first team football which is why he went to Newcastle.. He lost his bottle as Real Madrid would have waited till the 13th hour before accepting a lower bid than the ridiculous £18 mill Newcastle offered.. and Owen could not afford to stay in Madrid in a World Cup year.

People who say he shafted us twice, IMO, are a little short sighted.  I honestly believe he has been unlucky in the transfer market and if he could turn back time, would never have left us in the first place.  Everyone makes mistakes, but that is no reason to hang the guy?

At the end of the day he scores goals for fun, he has at every level and at every club he has played for.  How people can say he would not be a benifit to the current Liverpool Squad amazes me.  He kept Liverpool from being a mid table team when he played for Gerrard Houlliers team, with his outstanding goal record in a team that created little chances. Imagine what he coould do now in a team that creates more than any other in the premiership.

Owen gets my vote.  I would welcome him back with open arms.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:50 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I really believe Owen was going to sign the deal BEFORE Real Madrid came in for him.  I don't think there is a player is the Premiership who wouldn't have gone to Real Madrid when they came calling.  (Not when Owen went, maybe different now) as they are probably the biggest club in the world.

He needed to be playing first team football which is why he went to Newcastle.. He lost his bottle as Real Madrid would have waited till the 13th hour before accepting a lower bid than the ridiculous £18 mill Newcastle offered.. and Owen could not afford to stay in Madrid in a World Cup year.

People who say he shafted us twice, IMO, are a little short sighted.  I honestly believe he has been unlucky in the transfer market and if he could turn back time, would never have left us in the first place.  Everyone makes mistakes, but that is no reason to hang the guy?

At the end of the day he scores goals for fun, he has at every level and at every club he has played for.  How people can say he would not be a benifit to the current Liverpool Squad amazes me.  He kept Liverpool from being a mid table team when he played for Gerrard Houlliers team, with his outstanding goal record in a team that created little chances. Imagine what he coould do now in a team that creates more than any other in the premiership.

Owen gets my vote.  I would welcome him back with open arms.

here,here  :buttrock   :buttrock
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:56 am

i said yes howver thats just because i dont think it would be a step back. I think he could do the job and if his injury is managed well I think he would be a good signing. However there could be better answers to our strike force (not neccasarily my opinion but take your pick from Tevez, Kuyt, Ashton, Ronaldo, Yakubu, Raul, defoe, Johnson, torres and whoever else we've been linked with)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:59 am

bavlondon wrote:
Flashard wrote:Does Owen enjoy sitting on the bench.? ???

Could see him becoming upset as Raffa does like to rotate alot.
He has had a lot of time out in recent years he will want every game i feel.

I think hed be happy just to be back at Liverpool knowing that hes in a squad on the up. I sure hes absolutley gutted he missed out on winning the CL and i bet thats still on his mind, it must be. I dont think even MO could fathom that Newcastle could be such a shyte team. They rckon they will cath a UEFA cup spot but dont see that where thyere sitting at the moment.

Come home Michael.

If Michael comes home he wont be on the bench. He may not start every game (depends on who else we bring in) but he would start over 75% - prob more like 85% of our games
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:02 pm

neil wrote:Good idea, someone should've thought of this by now.

:D PMSL.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:02 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Tevez, Kuyt, Ashton, Ronaldo, Yakubu, Raul, defoe, Johnson, torres

expensive,unproven and palying in a poor league,not better than what we have,over the hill,maybe?,to much adjustment needed and oth,yes please,lower league penlty taker,load's of money
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:23 pm

redmikey wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:Tevez, Kuyt, Ashton, Ronaldo, Yakubu, Raul, defoe, Johnson, torres

expensive,unproven and palying in a poor league,not better than what we have,over the hill,maybe?,to much adjustment needed and oth,yes please,lower league penlty taker,load's of money

:D  welll that knocked me back... hehe. yes i do agree with most of those summaries. I do like owen but my point was that where he maybe an answer, he maynot be the best answer... But imho he is a damn fine one (as long as he stays uninjured)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:41 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
redmikey wrote:

:D  welll that knocked me back... hehe. yes i do agree with most of those summaries. I do like owen but my point was that where he maybe an answer, he maynot be the best answer... But imho he is a damn fine one (as long as he stays uninjured)

stick around red man you will see some right names in the mixer i even saw bellamy mentioned yesterday.

by next summer rafa will have us playing with a good cutting edge upfront, his valencia side were always able to support the front man, and i think he will stick with what has worked for him, and not just go and buy who ever has played well to match of the day, only birmingham do that we need a long term solution, maybe the academy will produce again that would be my dream solution, but owen coming back and shuting up some people on here is a close second
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:56 pm

I would prefer Kuyt. I like the look of him.  Good finisher, striong and good technically.
puroresu

Postby oakton » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:56 pm

I don't have a problem with Owen coming back, but if he's the only striker we are getting during the summer then I would be very disappointed, getting just Owen is not enough, and mind you he's a big injury prone so expect him to be out for a month or two during the season.
oakton

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:12 pm

NO
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Flashard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:23 pm

Well thats to the point.hhehehehe
Flashard

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:49 pm

see it hasn't disapperared!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby neil » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:49 pm

this poll does'nt appear to have vanished, on the contrary, its always feckin here.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:56 pm

I don't think Rafa has a doubt about Owen - he just is unwilling to be forced into paying more than a reasonable amount. Newcastle we're mugs for paying that much - thats no disrespect to Owen because he spent most of the season on the bench at Madrid.

Owen is the perfect otion for our goal scoring problems, he knows the club and no matter what people say if he came back he would be welcomed with open arms. Lets just hope things turn out for the best and Owen comes home.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls