Have we hit the wall? - Is that a stupid question?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Have we hit the wall? - Is that a stupid question?

Yes, the long season is getting to the players.
15%
No, it's a couple of bad results that could happen anytime.
46%
It's difficult to say, let's see what happens in the next week.
39%

Total votes : 46

Postby 2520years » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:43 pm

Our season started at least two million years ago when I was but a twinkle in my father's eye.  We all suspected that it would have an effect, especially when we found out about the World Club Championships and qualifying for the Champions League.  We're making up two more league games this month and we're still in the Chmapions League and FA Cup.  Our players' heads seemed to drop yesterday for the first time this season.

Are we going through a natural lull?

Also, is it my imagination but is our squad no bigger than it was at the start of the season, despite expecting it to grow?
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby babu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:49 pm

yes

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:24 pm

I think yes, what about you?
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mark the red » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:30 pm

we have had a bad time of late but that doesnt mean we have lost our edge. i think that if anything these results will make us stronger and we'll hammer who we play in the next few weeks.
im not sweating over it, and as for chelsea they are turning into what the mancs were, scum who cheat and intimidate
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:39 pm

I would be concerned if we were playing poorly and getting beaten. As it is we have played well against Man Utd and Chelsea but have been a bit unlucky...
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby mark the red » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:42 pm

spot on there hacksaw
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:43 pm

I'm not too concerned, we've played 2 of the top sides in Man U and Chelsea and although we lost both we bossed the game for long periods, on a negative side we lost both games from mistakes and didn't score in either. :(
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:44 pm

I think we will maul Charlton, and everything will be alright! :laugh:

In all honesty, losing to the only 2 teams above us just shows we need a little work, we matched Chelsea, we just do not have confidence up front, as much as I love Crouch and Cisse, we need someone new, and bloody hell get rid of Morientes. None of this will happen until the end of the season, so I say make a good run at the champions league and fa cup, finish at least 4th, and I am happy, we will be an absolute force next year, I am positive.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:00 pm

In a word YES. When your season starts less than six weeks after the last one finished then at some stage the lads are gonna hit a wall. The only thing that has surprised me is that it has come in february, i was expecting it to hit around christmas or just after so it is hat's off to the coaching staff and the players that they've managed to keep going to the start of this month. The display in midweek was a tired one if you ask me and the lack of killer instinct up front together with Xabi's mistake for the brum goal just looked like it was down to tiredness. The massive positive to be taken is that in the games against the two teams above we have dominated them for long periods of the game and it's only through a couple of dodgy moments that we've lost the games.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:19 pm

I think yes. I can see the point of view from Paul and hacksaw, but draws against bolton and brum havnt helped. 5 points from 5 games i think may have cost us 2nd. - If we are expecting to finish 2nd, its Utd we need to beat, not just conceed defeat because they are 2nd in the league. Yes we were unluckly, but we need to finish games off against brum, utd, bolton, not just blame luck.

We WILL bounce back though. In rafa we trust. He is the master craftsman though just has a couple of blunt tools at the moment, they just need to be sharpened (or replaced in the summer!)

Our performances have been really good and we have just lacked the ability to score. Trouble is, I cant see that changing before the end of the season (with the exception of Mr fowler)... so until 06/07 we may have to fight for 2nd/3rd place:(

Sorry to seem pesimistic.... i know good times are ahead... its just the getting there i dont like:p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Immortal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:24 pm

I think it's a bit too early to judge if we're going through a lull. Yeah, there's been some bad results, but as Hacksaw said (a big hoooo to him and thumbs up to him), the team has been playing well, it's just that the strikers aren't doing what they're supposed to do (like score goals).

No doubt the players are tired, Gerrard's not running around as much as he did at the start of the season, Alonso's passes are messy lately and he keep on losing the ball, even Carragher got outmanouvered a few weeks back. But they'll bounce back. Look at it a diff way, Birmingham's our bogey team, we haven't done well against MU for the past few years anyway(Murphy's penalty was soooo long ago) , and Chelsea just doesn't lose at the bridge, even during the Ranieri days.

Crisis? Lull? Flickering out? Not yet, but after Charlton and Wigan this week, I might have a diff opinion.
Immortal

Postby Sarge » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:42 pm

overall we have been performing quite effectively except on the striking department. Loads of chances game after game but without the promise of GOALS!! Yess.. loads of them!
The team is like an automobile, if the wheel stinks, get a new set, but don't change the whole damn car.
I see great potential in the team and I understand rafa's policy towards players fees but my advice is, sometimes we need to spend more for quality.... proven quality of course. We need strikers....BADLY!
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:52 pm

:censored:inghell people.   A couple off bad results not performances in a title race which lets be honest we had bob hope off winning this season anyway.

Folks lets just win the European cup again this year.  Then next year win back the big league title.

Im confident in Benitez,  in the summer the place where we need to change personal will be up front.  Lets be honest you dont need to be sherlock to figure that out.

Cisse, gone
Morrientez, gone

In with two players who can hit a barn door.

Well thats my post weekend gary waffel out the way. :D :D :D
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Rastalovich » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:09 pm

mikopool wrote:I think we will maul Charlton, and everything will be alright! :laugh:

In all honesty, losing to the only 2 teams above us just shows we need a little work, we matched Chelsea, we just do not have confidence up front, as much as I love Crouch and Cisse, we need someone new, and bloody hell get rid of Morientes. None of this will happen until the end of the season, so I say make a good run at the champions league and fa cup, finish at least 4th, and I am happy, we will be an absolute force next year, I am positive.

This is slightly the problem, we beat Charlton and alot of ppls are happier again.

Well yes, losing to 2 teams above u aint exactly a calamity - unless u`r looking to be above those 2 teams. (well u could almost say 1 as long as the in hand games are won - but even so)

Year on year u aim to get closer, as a managerial team are berthed, each year u can allow u`rself to be more critical.

My feeling atm is, u can strive to beat the 1/2 teams above u, but it aint no good doing that and lose/draw with the brummies along the way.

The league table is a pretty good judge of how u`r doing at the end of a season. Mid season is :censored: coz the games aren`t equal for all. This season will probably end with us 2nd and Gerrard still the top goal scorer and with an excellent defensive record. That`ll speak volumes.

Everybody knows what Liverpool needs to do and the end of the season will prove it.
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby redmikey » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:31 pm

everything seems like a lull compared to the run we had just been on.

should have beaten the scum and birmingham. lost to chelski because we are short up front and chelski aren't.

as to people on here today moaning about zonal marking and tiredness . FECK OFF you weren't saying anything when we are winning games.  the worst type of supporters are the ones who don't form their own opinions and have to resort to listening to andy gray and colums of cr@p out of the papers.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Football Related Polls