Have we hit the wall? - Is that a stupid question?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Have we hit the wall? - Is that a stupid question?

Yes, the long season is getting to the players.
15%
No, it's a couple of bad results that could happen anytime.
46%
It's difficult to say, let's see what happens in the next week.
39%

Total votes : 46

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:20 am

Our strikers have not scored all season...  Does anyone have goals per player stats for this year?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 2520years » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:15 am

In hindsight...YES, we had hit the wall, but ran through it and came out stronger!  It's amazing how Rafa has kept his squad looking so fresh after such a long hard season.  Who'd have thought we would stay so strong for so long?
:buttrock
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:33 pm

In hindsight I don’t think that the early start has had a big affect on our season. What seems to have hurt us is the trip to Japan. Before we went there we were on a fabulous run and playing really well, when we got back our play was poor and we went through a barren patch. Too be honest are attacking play was cr@p during this period and only are organised tactics and good defensive play helped us pick up the few points we did.

Maybe it was the fact that we didn’t win that hurt the team mentally, maybe spending a week in a different time zone in the middle of the season took some of the energy out of the players, I don’t really know the reasons but going to Japan hurt us.

The last 6 weeks or so of the season means our players are only playing once a week mostly and it means that they can slightly recover prior to the world cup.

The only thing that worries me is that about 10 of our players will be going to the World Cup and we will have early Champions League qualification matches, will they get a proper rest?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls