Have we hit the wall? - Is that a stupid question?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Have we hit the wall? - Is that a stupid question?

Yes, the long season is getting to the players.
15%
No, it's a couple of bad results that could happen anytime.
46%
It's difficult to say, let's see what happens in the next week.
39%

Total votes : 46

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:45 pm

redmikey wrote:everything seems like a lull compared to the run we had just been on.

should have beaten the scum and birmingham. lost to chelski because we are short up front and chelski aren't.

as to people on here today moaning about zonal marking and tiredness . FECK OFF you weren't saying anything when we are winning games.  the worst type of supporters are the ones who don't form their own opinions and have to resort to listening to andy gray and colums of cr@p out of the papers.

Me auld fellas one off them.

Some times I feel like chopping the :censored: up.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:28 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
redmikey wrote:everything seems like a lull compared to the run we had just been on.

should have beaten the scum and birmingham. lost to chelski because we are short up front and chelski aren't.

as to people on here today moaning about zonal marking and tiredness . FECK OFF you weren't saying anything when we are winning games.  the worst type of supporters are the ones who don't form their own opinions and have to resort to listening to andy gray and colums of cr@p out of the papers.

Me auld fellas one off them.

Some times I feel like chopping the :censored: up.

He would kill you lad. :rasp
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:30 pm

The hardest thing to do as a football supporter is to just accept a bad result. Of course it is - you want to know why it happened, and what we can do to stop it happening again.

It's absolutely simple in the case of the Chelsea game - we lacked a striker to capitalise on the quality balls we were putting in the box, and Warnock got caught in possession for the second goal. Zonal marking had absolutely nothing to do with it, and you're a mug if you think scrapping it is going to help us win games.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:59 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Im confident in Benitez,  in the summer the place where we need to change personal will be up front.  Lets be honest you dont need to be sherlock to figure that out.

Cisse, gone
Morrientez, gone

Nail on the head Murph. We're 2 players short and everyone knows it. Since the player ratings thread has been locked (thanks to A.B. and Stu acting like tits again) i'll post my post match thoughts here.

Was absolutely pis.sed about the result yesterday but there is such a fine line between winning and losing against the bigger teams and we seem to be falling on just the wrong side every time. I thought we played some excellent football for the first 35mins but after the goal we looked shell-shocked and completely lost our composure for the last 10 in the half.
After the break, again we saw more of the ball and applied pressure and looked the more likely to score. Another set-piece, a mistake by Warnock who was slow getting out and it was all over and we looked all at sea for the last 20 minutes. It did look like heads dropped at 2-0 (particularly
Gerrards) and the Reina incident at the end left a bitter taste in the mouth.

I'm not one for player ratings particularly as you get so absorbed by the game that a lot of it becomes guesswork but i thought most of the players did ok. Crouch did some good work causing problems in the first half but faded in the later stages. Kewell again looked lively as he continues his rehabilitation. I thought Sissoko played a decent game, Finnan was solid and Stevie was bright untill it went 2-0 then his head seemed to go down. He completely redeemed himself in my eyes with that last gasp tackle on Robben in the final minute through. I was a little disapointed with Alonso's performance and Warnock had a really tough time which was refelcted in the number of times Hyppia was seen covering the left flank.

Looking at the bigger picture. I've seen as much evidence in our two losses to the mancs and chelsea to confirm we are heading in the right direction as i saw in the ten game winning run that preceded them. We need two players. A first class striker (we would have won that game if Crespo had been playing in red) and another option on the right hand side.

Also, i was gutted to see Robbie left out of the squad but it's clever of Rafa to try and get him fully fit before risking him. I bet the lad has worked his as.s off all weekend to be fit for Charlton.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:01 pm

Hit the wall :angry: f**ckin ar.se ole thread.. where are these ar..ses comin from popstin such shi*t..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:11 pm

to be fair Zara, I think he means hittin the wall the same way a marathon runner does at about 20 miles.  Energy is at its lowest at this point, and someof our performnces seem to be effected by bad decisions and taking our eye off the ball so to speak.

I think our current situation is very similar to the start of the season, where we have loads of possesion but can't score for love or money.  In the 10 game unbeaten spell our midfield scored loads of goals and maybe this is where we are looking a little jaded of late.

Alonso is not playing to his usual high level, and even Steven Gerrard is not playing at his usual super hero style for the full 90 mins.  This I am certain is due to the length of the season so far.

Spurs are going to play a total of 40 games for the whole of this season.. we have already passed that number of games and its only February. We are still in the FA cup and the Champions League.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:31 pm

well if you put it like that :D

I think we have to accept that there will such performances and points in the season. Progress this season has been spectacular, so keeping perspective is also important.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:50 pm

zarababe wrote:Hit the wall :angry: f**ckin ar.se ole thread.. where are these ar..ses comin from popstin such shi*t..

I prefer your second post Zara...

:p  :D

I deliberately used the phrase hitting the wall with the idea that we will recover.  You'll notice the poll options are more positive than negative and this was posed as a question rather than me saying we HAD hit the wall.  I just noticed our players' heads drop against Chelski...for the first time all season.  I agree we've made incredible progress under Rafa and expect this to continue.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:53 pm

lol talk about Jekyll and Hyde ay :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:54 pm

this supposed blip (5 points out of 15 in the league) was going to come eventually and it's hardly surprising that it's come at a time when we've played the other three teams in the top four along with ourselves.

looking at it, we've already played more games than spurs will play all season which says enough in itself. we've now got another 6 games coming up in 18 days so it's not going to get any easier. gerrard has a knock, crouch is struggling in recent games to have an impact and we're conceding some poor goals from set plays. however we'll put in right and hopefully this will start tonight.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:44 pm

it seems even more "yes" now... losing to the top 2, ok - it hurt, but ok-  but to charlton...... ???
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:54 pm

We are not a team anymore. Not can we attack, and our defence has been exposed again. 4 players can't carry a team all season. Only Xabi Aonso, Steven Gerrard, Reina and Carra are class players. Garcia, Sissoko, Hamann are good. The rest are average players or below average. Morientes is one of the worst players in the premiership. Hyypia is dead. So now we must concentrate on top 4 finish. Both Arsenal and Spurs can overtake us. Even Bolton can do that. Unless we start to score and why should our strikers suddenly start to do that?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:14 pm

its not a good situation... at one point we were 2 points off 2nd with 2 games in hand, then now we have arsenal next, which if we were to lose we'd be 1 point off 5th... there's blips in form but there's also dropping important league places. The team need to sort it out.... and fast. its ko stages in europe now + manure in the fa cup...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:18 pm

We'll pull through, it's just a blip which every team has at some stage in the season.  I reckon we could do with our strikers starting to score then we'll get some attacking confidence back.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Rastalovich » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:52 am

Nah nah nah, the worst type of supporter is one that tells their fellow supporter to "FECK OFF".
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls