Christmas break for the players? - Will it ever happen?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Christmas break for the players? - Will it ever happen?

Yes, the players should have a Christmas Break!
33%
No, I want football on TV for Christmas!
67%

Total votes : 12

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Throughout the European leagues, the players take a 2-week break from late December to Early January to celebrate the xmas, to be with their families and possibly come back fresher and 1 or 2 pounds heavier. (Rooney would probably put on a stone)

Although it would mean less entertainment for ourselves , I do feel the players deserve the break and would be happier come the first sat in January.

Surely we could find ways to be entertained through sport or other means.

It would probably mean the season would have to start 1st weekend in Aug to fit the Xmas fixtures within the season. Or else maybe trim the Prem league from 20 teams to 18.

What do you think?
Although i'd miss the footie, I'd like to see it, for the sake of the players and possible trimming down of the Premier league.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Bermenstein wrote:Throughout the European leagues, the players take a 2-week break from late December to Early January to celebrate the xmas, to be with their families and possibly come back fresher and 1 or 2 pounds heavier. (Rooney would probably put on a stone)

Although it would mean less entertainment for ourselves , I do feel the players deserve the break and would be happier come the first sat in January.

It would probably mean the season would have to start 1st weekend in Aug to fit the Xmas fixtures within the season. Or else maybe trim the Prem league from 20 teams to 18.

What do you think?
Although i'd miss the footie, I'd like to see it, for the sake of the players and possible trimming down of the Premier league.

No chance..boxing day without football would be like coke with no JD!! :no Pointless

They deserve a break?They get about £50-100K a WEEK!Train about 2 hours a day play 1or2 matches a week and live the life we all dream of.Plus they get enough time off in the summer.their careers end when they are still young and they are millionaires,plenty of time for rest then!
Deserve a break my @rse..Their lives are amazing!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:30 am

Number 9 wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:Throughout the European leagues, the players take a 2-week break from late December to Early January to celebrate the xmas, to be with their families and possibly come back fresher and 1 or 2 pounds heavier. (Rooney would probably put on a stone)

What do you think?

No chance..boxing day without football would be like coke with no JD!! :no Pointless

They deserve a break?They get about £50-100K a WEEK!Train about 2 hours a day play 1or2 matches a week and live the life we all dream of.Plus they get enough time off in the summer.their careers end when they are still young and they are millionaires,plenty of time for rest then!
Deserve a break my @rse..Their lives are amazing!

Just about sums up how I feel. Give me £50,000 a week for doing what I love as a hobby for a job and im all yours ! Christmas break? how about giving working class families a break from there job, most get christmas eve and christmas day off then spend the rest of the year working. Its hard to feel sorry for footballers im afraid.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:50 pm

there will never be a winter break here, the fixture list is jam packed as it is already, what happens if they have a break at xmas then we get a few weeks of bad weather in jan or feb were games get postponed? teams would end up playin 4 games a week to compensate, fans couldnt afford to go, pitches would be wrecked, players injured  :no
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Voted no..... Selfish I know.... players should be with their families during this time.... but what can I say.... I need me football regardless!     

:D
ConnO'var

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:41 am

i voted YES. they are humans too and like all of us have families so i dont see why they should be any different. i dont see why it should matter how much they are paid compared to us. like all jobs, their pay increases as they get better, something like a promotion. its just that they are in a more glamorous job with all sorts of media attention so fame and wealth is something they easily get. but to get to that stage they have to be really good and thats why some of us work in classrooms or offices and not on the football fields or entertainment industries. so all in all, they should have a Xmas break so they can spend time with their family and bask in the happiness. i dont think happiness and families are worth 50000/week. its priceless.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:33 pm

I doubt very much if there will ever be a Christmas break, as that is when most clubs record their record attendances for the season. I think there is a good chance that we will see a break in the season in the future, but in January not over the festive season.
account deleted by request

Return to Football Related Polls