Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Can we do it - England lift the world cup 2006

yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes : 24

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:34 pm

I think England have the potential to go far in the world cup,but as for winning it who knows?Anything is possible as we know!Who'd have thought Greece would win the European Championship last time!
On paper England look as good as any team but i fear the weakest link is Sven!
Yes England showed a lot of grit and passion against Argentina and a will to win that had been missing over the last few games,unfortunately all this was inspired by the fact that they were facing the old foe and not from the manager.
Saying that nothing should be taken away from a great performance.A few players have been interveiwed since the game and are playing down the result as it was only a friendly but in reality their performance must breed beleif and confidence in the camp!
Englands best hope of winning the world cup is that the players become inspired by the occasion once they reach Germany and each player gives 100% every game.I just dont think Sven has the passion and ability to drive the team to such a task.Lets face it some of his tactics have been cringeworthy at times and its still not looking like he knows his best 11 or formation for that matter!
But with a lot of effort and a bit of luck i reckon the team can win it for themselves!
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:32 pm

I think theyll be close but not close enough. They have a real weapon in Wayne Rooney and when hes on song hes gonna take some stopping. But then a few other teams have real gems too lest we not forget-especially Brazil. Thats what people especially the press dont realize. When good ol Bobby Robson was manager he was asked how his team lost to a dutch team when he had Robson, Barnes, Lineker Beardsley, and he replied because they had Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten.World beaters-before the tornament began . Slip in quietly I say,it works better and less pressure isnt a bad thing.
   Argentina will be there too, altho talk is that Maradona  :bowdown  will be joining their camp and  as we all know -he breeds confidence just being there, not sure what the current manager would make of it tho. :oops:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:31 am

Mikz wrote:  Argentina will be there too, altho talk is that Maradona  :bowdown  will be joining their camp and  as we all know -he breeds confidence just being there, not sure what the current manager would make of it tho. :oops:

:oh: where did ya here that ?
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:52 am

zarababe wrote:
Mikz wrote:  Argentina will be there too, altho talk is that Maradona  :bowdown  will be joining their camp and  as we all know -he breeds confidence just being there, not sure what the current manager would make of it tho. :oops:

:oh: where did ya here that ?

Who cares!! He'll probably feed them all coke and show them how to do the perfect handball!
No need to panic!
Genius like he had cannot be taught or shared its in a player from they are born!
Its a gift.... he'll be more of a distraction than an inspiration!
Its like wheeling George Best into a N ireland changing room at half time!
All the players would think too much about his history and the aftermath of his career !
Would a fallen genius inspire you??
Maybe? Maybe not?
Have you time to think about it??
No! Its the managers job to lift and inspire the team not the countries best export!

Diego Maradona knows no more about football than i do!
The difference is,given a ball he could turn on the style the gift! He never really had to think in his whole life about tactics,because his natural talent put him above the rest and it worked for him!

Being a world beating,famous-infamous player does not increase ones ability to manage any team or even inspire them!
If i was an Argie player id say thanx Diego but i hope i dont end up a Fat Cu.nt like you with dwarfs fingers!!
Dwarfs fingers are just wrong!!  :nod
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:58 am

John Motson(at the start of the england argie game) mentioned something about Maradona coming back in with the national team but the current manager wasnt too happy about it -then i read somewhere online that some of the players want him as the manager :oh:
Do you think its possible? He did manage a team before i believe -I remember there was a documentary on about him one night-and him and his friends and family where watching a game Boca juniors and some team and he was going crazy :laugh: talk about animated -hes so passionate but sure wasnt he always.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:18 am

He did manage a team Mikz! Cant remember them though!
But he is not a football manager ! He is there on the pure fact that hes been worshipped and never really surpassed in ability by only Pele or Best!
Do Pele or Best try and have a go at managing or team inspiring?? NO
They have a lot more respect for the game as a whole and the managers that are in charge!
Argentina will need a lot more than Maradona's words to make them great!
Personally i think theres a very thin line between most top fancied or favoured teams! But Brasil are in a league of their own!
The fact that they are such a huge factor and almost the obstacle strenghtens the fact that they may get a shock?
Who knows?
Mark my words !!
The world Cup will not go the way some fancy!
Its too obvious that they will win! Brasil out second round???
Who'd have had France home so early last time??
Its all about mentality and beleif!!!!
Go on Norn Irn.....I mean England! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:44 am

I know theres always shocks and surprises mate,but it doesnt happen to Brazil too often,and when it did they were usually guilty of being poor in defence and attacking too much,but i believe thats different now. Altho the defence isnt outstanding , theyre no mugs either -Lucio ,Carlos and cafu and Dida isnt too bad either. Theyve also many young stars emerging -its just looking too rosey for them. Take some beating they will ,and I hope theyre in it right til the death cos theyre a pleasure to my eye :D
As for England  :D well ,Ive mixed emotions Lampard  Neville Rooney etc I just cant will them to win.One things for sure -if England do win we will be hearing about it for a while :D 66 is still fresh on the memories. :laugh:
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 am

Mikz wrote:I know theres always shocks and surprises mate,but it doesnt happen to Brazil too often,and when it did they were usually guilty of being poor in defence and attacking too much,but i believe thats different now. Altho the defence isnt outstanding , theyre no mugs either -Lucio ,Carlos and cafu and Dida isnt too bad either. Theyve also many young stars emerging -its just looking too rosey for them. Take some beating they will ,and I hope theyre in it right til the death cos theyre a pleasure to my eye :D
As for England  :D well ,Ive mixed emotions Lampard  Neville Rooney etc I just cant will them to win.One things for sure -if England do win we will be hearing about it for a while :D 66 is still fresh on the memories. :laugh:

1066 Mikz aye mate!!
King Harold got hit by an arrow!
Twas the eye that twitched ant not the posterior!! :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:13 am

I've voted "yes" we can do it, but I don't think we will for one simple reason - Sven Goran Errikson.
No matter how you dress him up he is a f*cking Sunday-league boss managing England.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:56 am

our footy manager many years ago looked like sven, so i know where your coming from lando :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:06 pm

My vote for 'no'
The best place for Eng would be semifinals..( You have a Sven what decreases your final chance :D  )

Italy or Argies would win the title ???
Last edited by IstanBuL-FenerBaHce on Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:09 pm

i would take the prem over the world cup anyday. Yes I think we can do it, but Ledley King is not the answer in holding midfield. Neither is Gerrard as about 70% of his game will be shackled.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:26 pm

I think yes what about you? :D

sorry, had to be done :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:53 pm

We have one of the best, if not the best international sides in the world. But we are England and we will :censored: it up.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:00 pm

I think we can do it but the real question is will we win it? the answer to the latter is no.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls