Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:35 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 pm wrote:FSG are here to win things AND make money.  Just like 99% of other professional football clubs.  Why is that so hard to understand?  ???

They sacked the last (and only) manager to win a trophy under their tenure just 3 months after he won it!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 pm wrote:FSG are here to win things AND make money.  Just like 99% of other professional football clubs.  Why is that so hard to understand?  ???

They sacked the last (and only) manager to win a trophy under their tenure just 3 months after he won it!

A painful decision that had to be made. Kenny's a legend, but he wasn't going to take us to the places we want to go.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:29 pm wrote:

A painful decision that had to be made. Kenny's a legend, but he wasn't going to take us to the places we want to go.

So they want to win things, just not those things....
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Man Utd sacked their manager on the same day they won the FA cup. Why?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Klopptomaniac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:38 pm wrote:Man Utd sacked their manager on the same day they won the FA cup. Why?

When you have won what they have won over the past 25 years you can afford to set your sights high, 25 years ago they were behind even Everton in terms of League title wins now they sit 2 clear of us.
That League Cup Kenny won has been our only trophy in the last 12 years. I know it wasn't all on FSG's watch but 1 trophy since 2006 isn't good enough for a club of our size and stature and sacking the man that won that trophy just 3 months after he won it flies in the face of this notion that FSG are all about winning silverware.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:38 pm wrote:Man Utd sacked their manager on the same day they won the FA cup. Why?

When you have won what they have won over the past 25 years you can afford to set your sights high, 25 years ago they were behind even Everton in terms of League title wins now they sit 2 clear of us.
That League Cup Kenny won has been our only trophy in the last 12 years. I know it wasn't all on FSG's watch but 1 trophy since 2006 isn't good enough for a club of our size and stature and sacking the man that won that trophy just 3 months after he won it flies in the face of this notion that FSG are all about winning silverware.

Where did we finish in the league under Kenny?  8th...that's why he got the boot.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm wrote:

Where did we finish in the league under Kenny?  8th...that's why he got the boot.

Yeah that's my point, winning trophies is not really a priority for them, they are more concerned about getting into the top 4. If you offered FSG 20 straight years of CL qualification without winning a single trophy they would probably bite your hand off, to be fair most clubs would.
In the 70's or 80's we wouldn't have accepted 2 seasons without a trophy never mind 20.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:55 pm

League position and CL football dictates success. Picking up a few trophies along the way is a bonus. I'd love to win a few trophies, as would any fan but their importance in the modern game are diluted, they can't save a managers job. If Klopp finished 5th and won the fa cup I wouldn't count on him keeping his job. In fact I'd hedge a bet players would angle for a move if we didn't get CL football.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:52 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Klopptomaniac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:55 pm wrote:League position and CL football dictates success. Picking up a few trophies along the way is a bonus. I'd love to win a few trophies, as would any fan but their importance in the modern game are diluted, they can't save a managers job. If Klopp finished 5th and won the fa cup I wouldn't count on him keeping his job. In fact I'd hedge a bet players would angle for a move if we didn't get CL football.

Well clubs have got to be careful here, fans are not going to turn up in their tens of thousands to watch a corporation accumulate money, clubs need to at least keep up a pretence that trophies matter.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Past couple of days I have seen rumours about PSG’s Rabiot and Napoli star Jorginho.

I know nothing about Jorginho but would be amazed if we could lure French midfielder Rabiot, a brilliant player. If PSG release him then there would be a queue a mile long.

Take playmaker Rabiot over Can any day, may not cover 10 miles a game but on the ball is sensational. We can dream.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:44 pm

I would have loved to see Kenny given longer ,I think he would have won us another league title with the players our former incumbent had at his disposal ,notably Suarez !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Kenny screwed up on Andy Carroll bigtime. Had he just waited in the summer and snapped someone else i think he would have had a much better season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm

redshade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:23 pm wrote:Kenny screwed up on Andy Carroll bigtime. Had he just waited in the summer and snapped someone else i think he would have had a much better season.

It wasn't just the Andy Carroll signing in my view. The game had clearly moved on from  Kenny's time and some of the things he did and said on and off the field were baffling.

The Suarez T-shirt stunt was just one example...
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:55 am

+1. Kenny was in retirement ffs, it was totally unrealistic to bring him back.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill