Who's irreplaceable? Our squad strength

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:55 pm

People were talking about Sturridge being injured and my first thought was sh1t but then after thinking about it again it does not worry me as we are strong throughout the team. If Sturridge is injured we have Mario as the frontman and we are spoiled by options like Coutinho, Markovic or lallana who I would be excited to watch, still keeping Lambert as a plan B on the bench. If we lose Skrtel we have a seventeen million pound defender that as we saw against spurs ( although rusty) did a job. If we lost Gerrard, Hendo could replace him with the addition of Can in the middle. Last year had Suarez got injured we would have struggled but this year we are so much more balanced in terms of squad strength. So here is the question, who is irreplaceable  in our team and who would we struggle without.

My answer would be Hendo would be the hardest to replace with the energy and legwork he does, but no one is irreplaceable in this team (or then again, maybe Manquillo  :laugh:  )
Last edited by kazza on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Thinking about Hendo here, if you remember when he got sent off at the end of last season that could have actually cost us the title... so based on that i would say Hendo

But this season i would say Sterling, the boy is on fire and long may it continue
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm

I would say noone at the club is irreplaceable.

But if it was who on the club would be hardest to replace with another in our side you would pobably have to say Hendo or Sterling although we are still to see what markovic can offer

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:18 am

We'd be pretty b*llocksed without Mignolet. But we'd miss most players. We defo need a new keeper though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Irreplaceable: Mignolet (no decent replacement), Gerrard (no natural replacement with the necessary skill set), Sturridge (same as Gerrard)

Undroppable (mainly due to form): Sterling, Sturridge, and some would argue Henderson.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Even at this early juncture I would say Henderson's a given ,and I'd personally add Lovren to that equation.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:13 am

For one reason or another 9 of our starting 11 are guaranteed a place

Mignolet - No other competition
Manquillo - No other Competition
Lovren - Our other CBs are pure *****
Moreno - Absolutely quality and showed his commitment when he continued to play through injury Vs Citeh
Gerrard - BR refuses to drop him
Henderson - Has worked his Socks off
Sterling - Probably our most gifted player
Sturridge and Balotelli - Lambert and Borini are poor replacements

I think Skrtel should play as our other CB but i have a feeling BR will prefer a left footed partner for Lovren

that means Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho, Can, Allen will have to fight it out for the last space in our midfield

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 am

LFC1990 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 am wrote:For one reason or another 9 of our starting 11 are guaranteed a place

Mignolet - No other competition
Manquillo - No other Competition
Lovren - Our other CBs are pure *****
Moreno - Absolutely quality and showed his commitment when he continued to play through injury Vs Citeh
Gerrard - BR refuses to drop him
Henderson - Has worked his Socks off
Sterling - Probably our most gifted player
Sturridge and Balotelli - Lambert and Borini are poor replacements

I think Skrtel should play as our other CB but i have a feeling BR will prefer a left footed partner for Lovren

that means Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho, Can, Allen will have to fight it out for the last space in our midfield

I disagree on two points.

Whilst Skrtel isn't as good as Lovren, I believe the partnership will work and be the best we can offer.

Secondly, despite the grief he has got I thought Borini played well as sub. In fact I actually think his movement is more conducive to our style than Balotelli. I think Balotelli will adapt to our style and become more mobile, but I also see benefit in Borini as an impact sub. In terms of effort, he definitely is out to prove his worth - which works in the event you need something different in the last 20 mins.

Controversial but I am happy he stayed and think he will contribute some key goals this season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:26 am

Oh so you see Borini as an impact sub and not a starter ??

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:13 am

LFC1990 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 am wrote:Oh so you see Borini as an impact sub and not a starter ??

I don't know how I can make the line "I also see benefit in Borini as an impact sub" clearer.

:Oo:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:30 am

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:13 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 am wrote:Oh so you see Borini as an impact sub and not a starter ??

I don't know how I can make the line "I also see benefit in Borini as an impact sub" clearer.

:Oo:

How about

"I also see benefit in Borini as an impact sub"

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 am

well you would have to say borini and lucas  :nod  for all our efforts to get rid of them in the summer they still manage to play in europes biggest competition  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:49 am

SCS you have made it very clear however when i mentioned about starting 11 you said you disagreed on two points and one of those points being Borini should be a sub I just dont understand that part

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:58 am

Borini is absoloutely woefully inept.

He's a tryer, he doesn't lack confidence, his ability however is that of an average championship player.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 am

LFC1990 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 am wrote:SCS you have made it very clear however when i mentioned about starting 11 you said you disagreed on two points and one of those points being Borini should be a sub I just dont understand that part

Sorry buddy. I was alluding to your comment referring to Borini as a poor replacement.

Whilst he isn't going to set the world alight, I do think his energy will create effective substitution opportunities.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion