Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Daily Mail have reported that we are in for a triple swoop.. Reus, Vidal and Paul Pogba.

Now this is the kind of players we should be going after.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:25 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:13 pm wrote:Daily Mail have reported that we are in for a triple swoop.. Reus, Vidal and Paul Pogba.

As much as any Liverpool fan I wish this was true but I haven't seen us do this type of deal for so long I find it hard to believe.

All those players would probably increase their weekly wage joining us but in career terms, a side ways move frankly.

You never know, what about Tevez and that Chiellini from Juve instead  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:37 pm

Word is Remy will sign a 5 year contract with us, In today's market, £8m really is peanuts for someone who's proven he can find the net in this league
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:16 am

Remy is overrated.
I'd rather we were linked with a striker who is likely to score even half of what Suarez did.
And some bleedin' defenders as well. We can't ship goals like last season if we're not scoring as many next season.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:55 am

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:13 pm wrote:Daily Mail have reported that we are in for a triple swoop.. Reus, Vidal and Paul Pogba.

All the papers seem to be ruining some version of that story. I want Reus as he seems the best replacement to Suarez. If you watch his goals they are Suarez-esque. I think Rues has not even hit his prime yet.

As I said before if we can get a Central defender, Moreno and Rues we would be better than last year. Pepe looks like he may stay so we just have to get rid of Johnson, having said that he is on his last year and the club are going to let his contract wind down so next year he will leave on a free which means he will be in the shop window all year, he may have his best year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:11 am

I'd prefer Pogba myself, I think with the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Lambert, Remy and Ibe we have got enough firepower up front to compete but I'm not convinced just the one midfield signing will be enough to sort out all our woes in the middle of the park.
Emre Can does look good but IMO our midfield was a major weakness last season and it needs more than just one promising 20 year old to sort it out.
We seem obsessed with bringing forwards in but the only way we are going to move forward post Suarez is to improve as a team. That means bringing in top class midfielders and defenders.
Btw I hope Reina can sort out his differences with Brendan, he's nowhere as good as Mingolet in terms of shot stopping but his ability with the ball at his feet would make him a better fit for us, we pass the ball back to our keeper that often it would be worth sacrificing a bit of shot stopping ability for more composure at the back.
Even if Reina and Brendan do bury the hatchet though I still think Pepe's wages could be a stumbling block to a return to the side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:37 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 am wrote:I'd prefer Pogba myself, I think with the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Lambert, Remy and Ibe we have got enough firepower up front to compete but I'm not convinced just the one midfield signing will be enough to sort out all our woes in the middle of the park.
Emre Can does look good but IMO our midfield was a major weakness last season and it needs more than just one promising 20 year old to sort it out.
We seem obsessed with bringing forwards in but the only way we are going to move forward post Suarez is to improve as a team. That means bringing in top class midfielders and defenders.
Btw I hope Reina can sort out his differences with Brendan, he's nowhere as good as Mingolet in terms of shot stopping but his ability with the ball at his feet would make him a better fit for us, we pass the ball back to our keeper that often it would be worth sacrificing a bit of shot stopping ability for more composure at the back.
Even if Reina and Brendan do bury the hatchet though I still think Pepe's wages could be a stumbling block to a return to the side.

Thought Pogba looked kinda of Dikk ,another self centered prik which we would be advised to stay away from...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:44 am

Forget Pogba, will most likely end up at PSG. Vidal is gettable though imo. Reus, not too sure. Think he may just bide his time at Dortmund for now until Barca come calling again or maybe Madrid. Will probably see a move to us as a side ways movement
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 am

Isco at Madrid should be someone we should be looking at. Not sure he will be getting the playing time there now they are close to adding Rodriguez
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Looks like we are bringing this young RB in from Atletico on loan, by all accounts he's not really a swashbuckling Roberto Carlos type he's more of a dependable, defensively solid sort of player.
Deals for Remy and Lovren don't seem to far away either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Doeboy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 am wrote:Isco at Madrid should be someone we should be looking at. Not sure he will be getting the playing time there now they are close to adding Rodriguez

I like this idea, he should fit in and will lift us a little. We still need a goalscorer if you ask me
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:53 pm

What the Sh*t happened to this forum for the past few days anyways?

Far as I know, we've been heavily linked with Isco and the RB kid from Atletico, while Remy and Lovren are almost done deals. Wisdom gone on loan to WB as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:04 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:53 pm wrote:What the Sh*t happened to this forum for the past few days anyways?

God knows mate, but it was down for a good few days.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Jesus ,even Glen Johnson doesn't go missing for as long as this forum ,Cardiff Red must be literally bursting at the seams with rumour posts  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Strange that the site went down as Suarez arrived back in Europe  :laugh: Am I giving this too much thought........
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext