LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:53 pm wrote:It will be sad to see him go, 10 years is a long time in football and he has been a great servant to the club.

Agreed! He came here from Brazil as kid where he was booed at  Anfield on a few occasions (shocking really) yet instead of complaining about the weather, food, city kept his head down and improved and while most fans seemed to think he was cr@p every manager relied on him. Ten years at one club for a local lad is a long time let alone a foreign player,  yet he stayed loyal to the club even though he could have moved to a number of big clubs.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:11 am

Lucas is astonishing in the fact that he has stayed at one of Europes top clubs for so long without any obvious talent. Is he an attacking midfielder? Or a defensive midfielder? Maybe a centre back? Who knows, but in all the years he has been here he has contributed very little, if anything to making LFC better? He has often been used as a last resort when everyone else is injured or suspended and his customary giving away last minute free kicks on the edge of our box are the stuff of legend. He is a loyal, honest and passionate player who has always tried his best, even though on most occasions it wasnt good enough.
I wish him well and good luck and wherever he goes he will always have a place in our hearts.
:)
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:26 pm

Pretty much agree with the above.
Think he would do well in Italy so best of luck to him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Looks like he might hang around for the last 6 months of his contract afterall. Turns out Inter don't want to cover his full wage or pay us anything...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:55 pm

" his customary giving away last minute free kicks on the edge of our box are the stuff of legend."
True to form
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Absolute liability and to think hes cover for defence and midfield, it speaks volumes about strength of our squad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:26 pm

Absolute liability and to think hes cover for defence and midfield, it speaks volumes about strength of our squad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:36 am

parchpea » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:26 pm wrote:Absolute liability and to think hes cover for defence and midfield, it speaks volumes about strength of our squad.

What amazes me isn't Lucas lack of quality it's the fact he is being picked time after time by every manager we had this past decade...what are they seeing in him just blows my mind.

Pitty
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Good strong intelligent performance at CB from Lucas last night and he scored the goal that takes us through, which possibly ( however impractical that seems ) affords him a modicum of praise   :alien:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 am

the problem with lucas is only one thing... he gives uncessary free kicks at and near his own box. If he could cut out that aspect from his game, he is actually a very good DM. I think he over estimates his tackling ability; he thinks he can get to the ball without fouling. He is actually not a very good tackler. He is combative and could nick the ball off of an opposition player. But tackling is not one of his strengths. He is also quite slow, but that could be compensated with his experience in positioning. I miss having Dietmar Hamann as our DM.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Dietmar Hamann was twice the player Lucas was in his prime. One of the best DM I've seen in a red shirt and pretty much won us the CL in 2005 by controlling the midfield and turning the match on its head when he came on at half time.

Lucas is a good squad player, but nothing more. Can't say I understand the comments on him being 'stuck' here. He's on £80k a week and he'll never get that anywhere else. All he's done is seen out his contract and been a bit player these past 3 seasons on a huge wage.

Great gig if you can get it. He'll go nowhere until the summer when he becomes a free agent. Not unless someone will pay his massive wages.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:04 pm wrote:Dietmar Hamann was twice the player Lucas was in his prime. One of the best DM I've seen in a red shirt and pretty much won us the CL in 2005 by controlling the midfield and turning the match on its head when he came on at half time.

Lucas is a good squad player, but nothing more. Can't say I understand the comments on him being 'stuck' here. He's on £80k a week and he'll never get that anywhere else. All he's done is seen out his contract and been a bit player these past 3 seasons on a huge wage.

Great gig if you can get it. He'll go nowhere until the summer when he becomes a free agent. Not unless someone will pay his massive wages.

The Chinese Super League can pay him thrice that amount easily!  :D

Why can't the Chinese Super League come and buy our deadwood  :D  (not talking about Lucas btw)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm

I think the inclusion of Lucas at DM will be vital in some of the games we have coming up, against Everton he protected
the back four by winning almost everything in the air, he also gives Can a lot more freedom when he sits in front of our
back line, I think he will be invaluable against the likes of Stoke and WBA away .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Everton were rubbish. Lucas had a good game but he'd be a weakness in most other games especially given the opposition we have coming up. I'd prefer to see us go for Origi, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane ahead of Can and Wijnaldum in Lallana's absence. We are likely to control all the games we have left and it will ultimately come down to whether we are able to create and take chances. Defensively, we'll always concede with the system we have regardless of who plays imo, Lucas isnt good enough to drastically affect that.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:36 am

Lucas is the master of pulling out a 9/10 just when you think his legs have gone.

I still think he has more bad than good days and hes on a decent salary that we could use to lure a superior player or, as we normally do, someone
with potential.

At Anfield when the team plays well he looks comfortable but away during the hard winter months and under pressure isn't robust enough anymore.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion