MAN UTD VS LIVERPOOL - I know its early..........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Man Utd V Liverpool

I know the Real Madrid match is up next, but I won’t be around my PC much next week to Keep the UNBEATEN BERMENTSEIN MATCH THTREAD going. (Please excuse the Ego :) )

Ok, so If we don’t manage to win the league this year, there would be some consolation in doing the double over the Mancs. It will be typical if we go there and win, and then slip up and draw to Villa, but we have been dogged with Misfortune with Torres being injured and club politics that haven’t helped our cause.

It will be great if Man Utd start loosing games to make it interesting for the run in. I really hope Liverpool or Chelsea manage a miracle to win it this season.

I’m going to go for a hopeful score of

Man Utd 1-2 Liverpool
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeh, It's never early to play safe. Play our best eleven, thread started by Bermenstein, and I have no fear to visit old Trafford.

It winds me up the invincibility aura they have, sometimes looks as if some oppositions just assume they're gonna lose against them. We have to show the league that's possible there if we want to break that invincibility aura and seed some doubt in their heads.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Nice one Bermenstein

Obviously I'm dreading this but we MUST be due a win at their place!! cant wait for this, but there's a small matter of Real Madrid to contend with first. MASSIVE two games for us
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby europian-kings » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Bermensteinnnnnn :D
lol

Lets do this red men! Well up for this...if we're not to win the league, a double over the mancs is always nice.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Sabre wrote:Yeh, It's never early to play safe. Play our best eleven, thread started by Bermenstein, and I have no fear to visit old Trafford.

It winds me up the invincibility aura they have, sometimes looks as if some oppositions just assume they're gonna lose against them. We have to show the league that's possible there if we want to break that invincibility aura and seed some doubt in their heads.

like last night against the looney toons, it was almost as if newcastle defense said 'hang on a minute, this is man u, we shouldn't be drawing 1-1, give them a goal or else Fergie wont be happy'

so they did. fking muppets.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Shame Berms is only a big match charlie :D

Slightly different slant to usual, home record this season against away. Partly because we've been critical of home draws, but then countering that is all our defeats have been away

Home 08/09 : P20 W12 D8 L0 F31 A12 (Won 60.00%)
Away 08/09 : P22 W11 D7 L4 F34 A20 (Won 50.00%)

If only our home record was better, a few less draws home and away would be nice. Interestingly our scoring home and away is pretty similar, both almost exactly 1.55 goals/game. Nine of the goals against away from home have come in the four defeats, take out the four defeats and the defence concedes around 0.6 goals per game home and away.

Now for the doom and gloom, our away record in the Premiership at the theatre of nightmares :-

Premiership : P16 W3 D4 L9 F10 A24 PTS 13 (Won 18.75%)

of which :

Rafa : P4 W0 D0 L4 F1 A8 PTS 0 (Won 0.00%)
Pre-Rafa : P12 W3 D4 L5 F9 A16 PTS 13 (Won 25.00%)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:01 pm

I am getting married on this night.

I set this date  before the league fixture list came out.

For us, over here the game is on around 10.30 pm, around the height of festivities.

I'm screwed.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:03 pm

babu wrote:I am getting married on this night.

For us, over here the game is on around 10.30 pm, around the height of festivities.

I'm screwed.

Be alright if you're the one wearing the dress!  :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Bermy the spermy right man for the job... This game could have been like a major cup final had we been more closer to mannure.. Anyways still a big game and would be fantastic if we could do a double over the w@ankers. Recent season we have not played well at old trafford..

Last six mannure have scored 12 and we have scored 2....
Really unlikely thats going to change.. If we win i think we will by a whisker.. 1-0.....

Heart say please fecking win this so maybe 2-1 but head says most likely 0-0 , 1-1  or 2-0 loss....
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm

In Bermenstein we trust.  :cool:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:50 pm

My wife chose this of all days to reach 40..... She chose Chavs away to arrive at our hotel in Spain as half time approached..... I'm pickin the CL final day for the divorce to come thru I think!!

Thank feck Bermenstein started this thread tho, any chance you could just start threads for the rest of our league games right now, and be sure to listen for potential CL draws with a laptop at the ready mate?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:56 pm

babu wrote:I am getting married on this night.

I'm screwed.

F#cking typical Premier League. Don't give a sh#t about the fans. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:07 pm

I reckon we will probably go there and beat them 1-0 or something but it wont matter.Cause they will win the EPL anyway..:(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:12 pm

Fecking 12.45 kick off  :angry:

I know there might be trouble but if we meet in the CL we will have 2 games in the space of 2 weeks kicking off at 7.45
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Dundalk wrote:Fecking 12.45 kick off  :angry:

I know there might be trouble but if we meet in the CL we will have 2 games in the space of 2 weeks kicking off at 7.45

hope we do play against mannure in the champs league over two legs i think rafa could get one over fergie
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion