What is your preferred first team lineup?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:40 am

As of recent performances, my first team lineup including substitute bench (which would also be our lineup against Man City, provided we decide to risk Agger) would be:

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Agger  Arbeloa

Benayoun  Alonso  Mascherano  Kewell
                  Gerrard
                  Torres

SUBS: Itandje, Riise, Lucas, Voronin, Babel.

Primary reason for employing a 4-4-1-1 is due to the ineffectiveness of our strikers apart from Torres. Gerrard playing in this role can roam freely without needing to worry about defending. Benayou and Kewell should at the moment be our first choice wingers.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:44 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:As of recent performances, my first team lineup including substitute bench (which would also be our lineup against Man City, provided we decide to risk Agger) would be:

Reina

Gerrard
                  Torres

Primary reason for employing a 4-4-1-1 is due to the ineffectiveness of our strikers apart from Torres. Gerrard playing in this role can roam freely without needing to worry about defending. Benayou and Kewell should at the moment be our first choice wingers.

At the current moment I would put Gerrard in Alonso's place and put Babel beside Torres.
skatesy

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:03 am

Honestly, did you really need to open a thread about this ? .......... Football manager 2008 ?
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:45 am

What the hell is the problem with this thread? Isn't this the whole point of a football forum?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:16 am

:help
skatesy

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:40 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:What the hell is the problem with this thread? Isn't this the whole point of a football forum?

Its c.rap, no thought behind it, pointless. Why didnt you just post that in the Man.c thread.
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:44 am

Bamaga man wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:What the hell is the problem with this thread? Isn't this the whole point of a football forum?

Its c.rap, no thought behind it, pointless. Why didnt you just post that in the Man.c thread.

Maybe you should actually read the comments I made before telling me that there is "no thought behind it" and that it is "pointless"
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:47 am

As of recent performances, my first team lineup including substitute bench (which would also be our lineup against Man City, provided we decide to risk Agger) would be

I did.

Still dont see how a couple of sentences and a line-up warranted a new thread, this could of gone in the Man.c thread.
66-1112520797

Postby mungi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:49 am

bump
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:51 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:As of recent performances, my first team lineup including substitute bench (which would also be our lineup against Man City, provided we decide to risk Agger) would be:

Reina

Gerrard
                  Torres

I hate that formation , but if I was forced to play it I would maybe try Kewell behind Torres instead.

Reina

Gerrard Alonso  Mascherano  Benayoun

Kewell
                          Torres

I always feel that we allow our striker to become too isolated when Gerrard plays behind a front striker. Its probably because I prefer 2 forwards supporting, making runs and creating space for each other.

If we played a more patient style of football with the pretty triangles and buildup of say Arsenal , I think the lone striker can work very well, but the way we play, it just doesn't suit our game.
I do think that Kewell has the intelligent game to combine well with Torres and create chances for him, the down side being that we have finally got a left winger again only to lose him, by playing him as support striker.

Alternatively you could play Babel on the left and then Kewell and Babel would be able to switch positions, giving the team both goal threat and balance.

Reina

Gerrard Alonso  Mascherano  Babel

Kewell
                          Torres

PS just ignore Bamaga, I think he's got a headache and a hangover, or maybe hes still just love sick over Nanny  :D
account deleted by request

Postby skatesy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:53 am

s@int wrote:

Reina

Gerrard
                  Torres

I hate that formation , but if I was forced to play it I would maybe try Kewell behind Torres instead.

Reina

Gerrard Alonso  Mascherano  Benayoun

Kewell
                          Torres

I always feel that we allow our striker to become too isolated when Gerrard plays behind a front striker. Its probably because I prefer 2 forwards supporting, making runs and creating space for each other.

If we played a more patient style of football with the pretty triangles and buildup of say Arsenal , I think the lone striker can work very well, but the way we play, it just doesn't suit our game.
I do think that Kewell has the intelligent game to combine well with Torres and create chances for him, the down side being that we have finally got a left winger again only to lose him, by playing him as support striker.

Alternatively you could play Babel on the left and then Kewell and Babel would be able to switch positions, giving the team both goal threat and balance.

Reina

Gerrard Alonso  Mascherano  Babel

Kewell
                          Torres

PS just ignore Bamaga, I think he's got a headache and a hangover, or maybe hes still just love sick over Nanny  :D

What about Benayoun behind Torres instead?

After all that has been a favored position for him, in that attacking midfield area, in the past..
skatesy

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 am

I don't know mate, I have never seen Benayoun play that role. I am sure you are right and he can play there, but apart from about 10 mins in a preseason friendly match I can't remember seeing him there. Did he play that role for West Ham ?
account deleted by request

Postby skatesy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:14 pm

s@int wrote:I don't know mate, I have never seen Benayoun play that role. I am sure you are right and he can play there, but apart from about 10 mins in a preseason friendly match I can't remember seeing him there. Did he play that role for West Ham ?

He played a more attacking midfielder role for Maccabi Haifa and Racing de Santander :)
skatesy

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Reina
Riise
Agger
Carra
Finnan
Kewell
Mascha
Alonso
Gerrard
Babel
Torres
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:48 pm

I'd go for:

Reina

Arbeloa   Carra   Agger  Riise

Gerrard  Alonso  Masch  Kewell

Kuyt   Torres

Benayoun often ends up invisible when he is on the wing, and like it or not Gerrard plays well on the right wing.
mart
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion