What is your preferred first team lineup?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Foximus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:58 pm

mart wrote:I'd go for:

Reina

Arbeloa   Carra   Agger  Riise

Gerrard  Alonso  Masch  Kewell

Kuyt   Torres

Benayoun often ends up invisible when he is on the wing, and like it or not Gerrard plays well on the right wing.

i like this lineup, however im not a fan of Kuyt..Swap Kuyt for babel and you have my line-up.
Foximus

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:15 pm

If this team has time to gel....t'will be awesome, i say will be awesome. Image

Finnan and Arbeloa are very hard to choose between...they're both ace...rotate......
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby skatesy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:16 pm

Bermenstein wrote:Image

If this team has time to gel....t'will be awesome, i say will be awesome. Image

Finnan and Arbeloa are very hard to chhose between...they're both ace...rotate......

Liverpool must be paying you.... :D
skatesy

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:48 pm

Foximus wrote:

Reina

Kuyt   Torres

Benayoun often ends up invisible when he is on the wing, and like it or not Gerrard plays well on the right wing.

i like this lineup, however im not a fan of Kuyt..Swap Kuyt for babel and you have my line-up.

I can't believe anyone would put Riise as first choice LB, can't see what Arbeloa's done wrong at LB and what Finnan has at RB to mean you wouldn't choose both. I've included Kewell LM simply because I hate seeing Babel there and might as well give Babel a go up front since NONE of Crouch, Kuyt or Voronin seems capable of posing a (consistent) threat. It's a toss up between Masch and Alonso alongside Gerrard, you could play Gerrard RM and play both but I think Benayoun has the ability to score goals and while Gerrard will score from anywhere he plays, I do think Masch and Alonso is a little too defensive - where's the forward runs going to come from?

Reina

Finnan  Carra   Agger  Arbeloa

Yossi  Gerrard Masch  Kewell

Babel   Torres
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:06 pm

Owzat wrote:
Foximus wrote:

Reina

Kuyt   Torres

I can't believe anyone would put Riise as first choice LB, can't see what Arbeloa's done wrong at LB and what Finnan has at RB to mean you wouldn't choose both. I've included Kewell LM simply because I hate seeing Babel there and might as well give Babel a go up front since NONE of Crouch, Kuyt or Voronin seems capable of posing a (consistent) threat. It's a toss up between Masch and Alonso alongside Gerrard, you could play Gerrard RM and play both but I think Benayoun has the ability to score goals and while Gerrard will score from anywhere he plays, I do think Masch and Alonso is a little too defensive - where's the forward runs going to come from?

Reina

Babel   Torres

That would be my first 11 too.

Riise should not even be on the bench.
skatesy

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:09 pm

same as, but id have aurelio, with arbeloa taking right back as well as finnan
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Owzat wrote:
Foximus wrote:

Reina

Kuyt   Torres

Reina

Babel   Torres

Arbeloa is best at RB and i feel he is better than Finnan so i put him on RB. LB is more open but i feel Riise is the best defensively, while Aurelio contributes a lot more going forward.

Yossi just disappears for me when he is on the right wing. Neither he nor Gerrard is really a right winger, but Gerrard is still very effective in his free role on the "wing". Yossi usually just cuts inside and looses the ball trying to dribble 5 men alone. If Gerrard is in the middle he also plays a lot deeper and often ends up in a more deep playmaker role that quite frankly Alonso does better. So yes i prefer Alonso in the middle as the playmaker so Gerrard is free to run forward.

None of our strikers besides Torres are really great but Kuyt seems to work well with Torres and the rest of the team. Babel has more potential but just seems to lack a footballing brain or is just to inexperienced to be a starter atm. His pace is usually more effective when coming on as a sub.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:41 pm

crouch upfront for me

he offers the greatest threat out of voronin, kuyt or babel

babel is best off the sub bench at the moment
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:22 pm

I'd go for

Reina

Finnan                      Carra              Agger                Riise

Gerrard                     Masch             Alonso              Kewell

Torres             Babel

I'd put babel up front as i want to see how does he play as a striker , now that we have given kuyt a chance
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:03 am

Arbeloa is best at RB and i feel he is better than Finnan so i put him on RB

:no
holylamb2006

Postby ZlatanIbrahimovic8 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 am

Reina
Finnan     Hyypia    Carra     Riise

Xabi         Mascherano

Pennant   Gerrard    Kewell

Torres
ZlatanIbrahimovic8

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:32 am

Reina
   Arbeloa   Carra   Agger   Riise
   Benayoun  Gerrard  Mash   Kewell
          Crouch
                       Torres

You can't go wrong with this team....... Should be able to beat every team beside arsenal, chelsea and manure home and away.

Actually if we beat every team and lose to arsenal and chelsea and manure home and away, we will have 96 points...good enough to win the title don't you think ?  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:42 pm

mart wrote:Arbeloa is best at RB and i feel he is better than Finnan so i put him on RB. LB is more open but i feel Riise is the best defensively, while Aurelio contributes a lot more going forward.

Yossi just disappears for me when he is on the right wing. Neither he nor Gerrard is really a right winger, but Gerrard is still very effective in his free role on the "wing". Yossi usually just cuts inside and looses the ball trying to dribble 5 men alone. If Gerrard is in the middle he also plays a lot deeper and often ends up in a more deep playmaker role that quite frankly Alonso does better. So yes i prefer Alonso in the middle as the playmaker so Gerrard is free to run forward.

None of our strikers besides Torres are really great but Kuyt seems to work well with Torres and the rest of the team. Babel has more potential but just seems to lack a footballing brain or is just to inexperienced to be a starter atm. His pace is usually more effective when coming on as a sub.

Finnan is more than adequate at RB, also happened to set up our only goal last night. Arebloa may be our best RB, but he's streets ahead of any LB defensively speaking.

Playing Gerrard RM isn't a popular approach, says a lot about our options wide. Maybe then we should stick Yossi off Torres as a Beardsley like second striker as I and others have mooted before. Keep Babel as supersub, the only problem then is the midfield has defensive minds in the middle - none of Sissoko, Alonso and Mascherano are particularly attacking minded or capable of scoring many goals. That places way too much onus on the striker(s), Gerrard and the wingers to score which only Gerrard seems to do with any regularity.

A midfield of Pennant, Mascherano, Sissoko and Kewell carries so little direct goal threat it's laughable. Can you imagine fergie playing so many players who don't score in his midfield? With the mancs they have goal threats from Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes, their CBs as well as Shrek and Tevez. We've scored 25 goals since beating Besiktas 8-0, however we've scored only one goal or less in five of those twelve games. Ironically Torres missed that drubbing of Besiktas, but since he has scored 9 of those 25 goals and Gerrard 7
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:22 pm

Torres Crouch
Babel Gerrard Benayoun
      Mascherano/Alonso
Aurelio Carragher Agger Finnan
        Reina

If Finnan regains form he is ahead of Arbeloa and Aurelio stays fit he's ahead of Riise, Mascha and Xavi are really just about the opposition and whether you want them broken down or controlled
burjennio

Postby drevinho » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 pm

It's great that many of you put in Mascherano, but does he stay? WE HOPE!

We want Masche! It's true! But what do the Americans say? Well, I say f*uck them! Sign in here and show YOUR support to Masche: http://users2.smartgb.com/g/g.php?a=a&i=g25-16037-5c We want support, Masche wants support! :kungfu: [B]
//drevinho
drevinho

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion