LOST - (SEASON 5) SPOILERS WITHIN...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JBG » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:28 pm

I just want to bring to the attention of UK members that a brilliant new TV series starting on Channel 4 on Wednesday night.

Its called "Lost" and Irish tv network, RTE2 has been showing it a while. The first series has also finished in America.

I'm not a big TV fan, and have never gotten into Six Feet Under, 24, West Wing etc. However, "Lost" has me hooked and its probably the best show on tv.

The premise is that an aircraft goes down somewhere in the South Pacific and the survivors are stranded on a mysterious island. Its very much like a modern telling of the Lord of the Flies as all of the survivors have their own personalities and groups and cliques develop on the island which invariably lead to conflict.

The hook is that all does not seem to be what its seems with the island, and without revealing too much, there is a Twin Peeks style wierdness to it all. You never really know what is going on. Bizzare stuff happen, and you are dying to find out what or who exactly is lurking in the jungle, but like great films like Jaws, the show only gives you glimpses of its mystery. It can be very frustrating as each episode raises more questions than answers, but believe me, its compelling viewing.

Another string to its bow is that each character has his or her own story, and they all have led strange lives. The show gives a couple of flashbacks into the lives of each character, but again, never truly explains all of the characters' motives.

Its a brilliant show and if people perserve with it, it is hugely entertaining.

If anyone has seen the Irish or American runs of the show PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL THE PLOT TWISTS, AS IT WILL SPOIL IT FOR EVERYBODY!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:43 pm

:nod Yeah a few guys in work have been sayin its a great show!! I know a  bit about it,just the general jist!!Looking forward to it from what iv heard,theres eff all else on tv worth watchin lately!!
66-1120597113

Postby DrTNT » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:10 pm

I've been watching it on RTE2 and I have to say it has been excellent so far, I'm hooked to it.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:19 pm

Right JBG, you've sold it to me.  I'm supposed to be going out with my mate on Wednesday, I'm going to have to get it taped now or something.  Sounds really good.

HOW YOU'VE NEVER MANAGED TO GET INTO 24 THOUGH IS STAGGERING!!!!  SIMPLY THE BEST TV SHOW EVER!!!!! I admit I never watched it on telly, infact, I saw the first ever first episode of 24 ever only about two months ago, after that I blitzed all three series within a fortnight.  Series 4 came out today but I'm waiting until our Dave gets back off holiday so we can watch it at the same time.

Oh and by the way, there's a Canadian movie just being released around about now called Crash starring Matt Dillon.  Supposed to be a work of genius.  I'll be seeing it ASAP.
jonnymac1979

Postby 84-1106852058 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:23 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Right JBG, you've sold it to me.  I'm supposed to be going out with my mate on Wednesday,

why am Inot suprised :D
84-1106852058

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:28 pm

What?  On the pi$$?  Just a few you know!!! :D :laugh: :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Garymac » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:36 pm

Does look excellent from the adverts and glad to hear the reviews are just as good, to be honbest dont watch much on telly unless its comedy, but allways do tune in for Nip/Tuck which is the best thing on TV in my opinion, so if Lost is in the same league as that i will be well happy.....Espcially with Big Bro finishing on Friday well!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 pm

I cannot recommend "Lost" highly enough. Its an incredibly frustrating show because you are absoluting chewing on the bit to figure out exactly whats going on, and at towards the end of each episode, you think the show is about to spill the beans but instead, it simply throws an entirely new plot line at you!

I got very frustrated by about episode 4 as I couldn't figure out what the hell was happening, but if you stick with it, half the fun is speculating in the pub with mates what its about. Like Twin Peaks, everyone has a theory about what is going on, but unlike Twin Peaks, the producers of the show want to drag it out to a 3rd or 4th SERIES before they let the cat out of the bag!

Excellent stuff, although I sincerely hope no spoilers look up Google and reveal the plot lines!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:02 pm

Cheers El Klinko , I'd noticed that in my tv mag and have pencilled it in . Now I know it's a deffo must see.  :)

Anybody watch "Deadwood " I missed the first series but a mate lent me the complete dvd . now i'm hooked . Can't believe the strength of the cussin' ,:D  I counted 23 fuc'ks and 5 kunt's in one episode . :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:06 pm

i only see it once in a blue moon, but deadwood rocks. lovejoy? c*cksucker! :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:38 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Cheers El Klinko , I'd noticed that in my tv mag and have pencilled it in . Now I know it's a deffo must see.  :)

Anybody watch "Deadwood " I missed the first series but a mate lent me the complete dvd . now i'm hooked . Can't believe the strength of the cussin' ,:D  I counted 23 fuc'ks and 5 kunt's in one episode . :laugh:

The first 3 episodes are on telly on Wednesday: 2 on C4 and the 3rd on E4.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:40 pm

Garymac wrote:Does look excellent from the adverts and glad to hear the reviews are just as good, to be honbest dont watch much on telly unless its comedy, but allways do tune in for Nip/Tuck which is the best thing on TV in my opinion, so if Lost is in the same league as that i will be well happy.....Espcially with Big Bro finishing on Friday well!!!

Have to agree G-Mac, Nip/Tuck is an excellent show absolutely top class. The editing and music used throughout the series is flawless.
Also the issues they deal with are excellent!!!  So what time is this 'Lost' on, on Wednesday?

Another great show (if anybody doesnt know it) is 'The Wire' which shows on FX (ch.270 on Sky) on a wednesday at 10pm (repeated at midnight and a saturday night too!) its about crime families and the police tracking them through - yes you've guessed it - a 'Wire'.  Excellent show, made by the same directors of 'Homicide - Life on the Streets' and is filmed in much the same way, almost documentary style at times!!  By the way its in its second series, but I have a link if anybody wants to d/oad the WHOLE first series to get up to speed. The third series has just ended in the US and they are filming the fourth as I type this, really surprised it has not been on CH.4!!!
76-1115222408

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:59 pm

saw the trailers for Lost a few days back and it does indeed look like quality stuff, only problem is, doesn't it clash with the game on wednesday night?

seen the trailer for Crash as well, it doesn't actually give much away at all about the content of the film but has me reeled in hook, line & sinker
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:11 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Garymac wrote:Does look excellent from the adverts and glad to hear the reviews are just as good, to be honbest dont watch much on telly unless its comedy, but allways do tune in for Nip/Tuck which is the best thing on TV in my opinion, so if Lost is in the same league as that i will be well happy.....Espcially with Big Bro finishing on Friday well!!!

Have to agree G-Mac, Nip/Tuck is an excellent show absolutely top class. The editing and music used throughout the series is flawless.
Also the issues they deal with are excellent!!!  So what time is this 'Lost' on, on Wednesday?

Another great show (if anybody doesnt know it) is 'The Wire' which shows on FX (ch.270 on Sky) on a wednesday at 10pm (repeated at midnight and a saturday night too!) its about crime families and the police tracking them through - yes you've guessed it - a 'Wire'.  Excellent show, made by the same directors of 'Homicide - Life on the Streets' and is filmed in much the same way, almost documentary style at times!!  By the way its in its second series, but I have a link if anybody wants to d/oad the WHOLE first series to get up to speed. The third series has just ended in the US and they are filming the fourth as I type this, really surprised it has not been on CH.4!!!

Woolly is right does clash with the game its on at 8:30 and 10:00 on C4 but not sure wot time the 3rd one is on which is over on E4....Really do need to get sky+ to stop sh!t like this happenin!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:35 am

Lost is absolute and utter cr@p. it is just about finished here and i cannot describe what utter p00h it is.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum