LOST - (SEASON 5) SPOILERS WITHIN...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:19 pm

Lost finished over here last week.

My own personal opinion was that it was a great programe. Sure, it can be frustrating as hell and often wierd for the sake of being wierd, but it was a hell of an enjoyable ride.

For those watching it on Channel 4, its no giveaway to say that the last episode in the show casts no light whatsoever on whats going on.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mikz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:13 pm

??? has anybody any ideas on whats going on?Ive my own theory and im sure everyone that has seen it will have one too. :D How they gonna make all this tie in is beyond me ,its like they are just making it up as they go along lol
Best thing ive ever watched it is-cheers to you jbg for making this thread on it or id probably never even seen it. After the second or third episode I bought the entire series on ebay ,and im still watching it over and over ,trying to put 2 and 2 together. :idea
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:01 pm

I have a few theories as well, but to express them now might spoil things for people who are currently watching the show on Channel 4.

There is certainly something wierd and metaphysical going on, particularly when you look at Locke, Claire, Hurley and Michael's son. There is something sinister and surreal going on there.

I don't think the second series will answer much either. We'll find out more about the characters, a few new characters will probably be introduced, and a ton more new story lines. However, I'd call it a day if I were the producers with the third series, as it could simply get too wierd and people might get bored.

For those of you watching it on Channel 4, it is now giveaway to say that the first series doesn't answer many questions. It really sets it up for the second series. There is loads more mileage in the story yet.

I'm trying to resist the temptation to download the first two episodes from ABC's website, but its proving hard!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:05 pm

Dont do it! Wait for the entire series to be released and sit back and watch it add free lol -No doubt im sure youve read about the first 2 episodes on the abc board.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:56 pm

A mate downloaded the entire 1st series and burnt them to dvd for me , I watched the lot back to back over a weekend ,deffo the wayto view them  :D  . As for whats going on  ? I haven't a clue .At first I thought it was some kind of secret scientific experiment BUT that doesn't explain all the coincidences eg , the numbers the fat guy used to win the lottery being found on the hatch etc etc .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:51 pm

My own theory is that its some sort of bizarre dream, like the end of the Last Temptation of Christ. I'll bet the very last episode will show all the characters back on the aeroplane, the plane gets into trouble but the pilot manages to pull the plane out of its nose dive and bring them all home to safety. The characters will all get on with the rest of their lives but will sort out their problems with the lessons they have learned on the island.

Either that or the Monster will turn out to be Mr. Blobby and the Others comprise of Noel Edmonds, Ant n Dec and Tara Parker Tomkinson, who all went missing on the latest series of I'm a Celebrity: Get me out of here! :D
Last edited by JBG on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:07 pm

my only theory is that the big monster running around rustling the bushes is in fact jade goody looking for some chips
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:04 pm

I'm not into Lost, I dunno what all the fuss is, my GF has watched the complete first series on DVD but give me The Sopranos anyday over this sh1.te :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:43 pm

My theory is its something religious,Like theyve been caught between heaven and hell and they have serious issues to sort out before they can move on. Like Boone sorted his issues with Shannon and he was allowed to die. Also there so many things to do with religon-mind you I could be wrong lol I dont think we will have any idea until a lot more clues have been shown.
Jbg thats a good theory of yours but Wouldnt that mean everyone had to be dreaming? ??? I hope your wrong.For it to end up a dream would irk me something bad.
  The bit that wrecks my head is how claires fortune teller knew what was going to happen and where does he even fit in ,,,questions questions ahhhh
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:00 pm

Mikz wrote:My theory is its something religious,Like theyve been caught between heaven and hell and they have serious issues to sort out before they can move on. Like Boone sorted his issues with Shannon and he was allowed to die. Also there so many things to do with religon-mind you I could be wrong lol I dont think we will have any idea until a lot more clues have been shown.
Jbg thats a good theory of yours but Wouldnt that mean everyone had to be dreaming? ??? I hope your wrong.For it to end up a dream would irk me something bad.
  The bit that wrecks my head is how claires fortune teller knew what was going to happen and where does he even fit in ,,,questions questions ahhhh

There are a load of theories going around but somehow I just have the feeling that it'll end with everybody back on the plane, all alive, and as if nothing happened.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby mighty mo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:11 pm

wtf,just watched last nights episode were they are looking for the pregant girl and am perplexed to what the hell is going on,who is the mysterious ethan and is he "human". ???
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby [Dom2] » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:31 pm

dream? sounds believable to me and have read it more than once!

will be a bit of a let down if its true though.
[Dom2]

Postby mighty mo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:19 pm

just ordered entire first season on dvd and first two episodes of the new second series from a mate at work,i do not posess the patience to watch it on tv
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:32 pm

I missed the start, so never really got into it.  A mate, who is watching it, say's that she thinks it got something to do with purgotory - hence the name "Lost" - and that they are all dead already
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:58 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:I missed the start, so never really got into it.  A mate, who is watching it, say's that she thinks it got something to do with purgotory - hence the name "Lost" - and that they are all dead already

that is what i was thinking ,i came to this  conclusion when locke was originally in a wheelchair and when he arrived on the island he mysteriously walks,he,s not going to use a wheelchair in the afterlife is he ???
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum