Brighton Vs Liverpool 12/01 15:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 pm wrote:It wasn't pretty, but it was 3 points. And that all that matters.

Pressure now on city to get a win Monday...

If we carry on picking up 3 points for the next few games, City and Spurs will break. We kept the pressure on with our 7 wins and City capitulated...I can see them dropping points on Monday
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 pm

I knew this was going to be a tough one because Brighton have been hard to break down at home(my op). Ecstatic with the 3 points well done lads.

In previous seasons we would have got 2 points out of 6 with the way the 2 games have gone this season.

We march on!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm

These are the games that test if we are mentally ready to challenge for the title. Tough game, away from home, coming off 2 losses.. I didn't watch the game, but I'm absolutely delighted with the 3 points. Pressure back on Spurs and City.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 pm

The fans at both Anfield and that Oil slick up the road can make a big difference in this title chase. Interestingly after City’s Monday night game we have 9 home games and 7 away whilst City have 9 away games and 7 home. Advantage Anfield !! Personally I think sthis puts even more pressure on them to beat Wolves !! If Spurs win tomorrow that will put even more pressure on them.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:05 pm

I'm just glad that we didn't drop any points today. A win was crucial after our recent 2 losses.

I really hope Wolves get something from City. They are a good team but i just can't see it.

Yup Spurs and Mannure tomorrow. Ideally a mannure win would suit us however I've never wanted them to win so I'd be happy if that ends in a draw.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 am wrote:That was actually a solid win , they are a very hard team to break down at home and it’s good to come away with 3 points - thought the midfield and back line played well

Brighton are in 13th place on 26 points, you make them sound like Spurs.

Brighton had just 8 touches of the ball inside our box throughout the 90 minutes according to the BBC however it doesn’t mean our attacking midfield and forwards were on form.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:13 am

Back to winning 1-0 and I’ll take it. We will get into a groove again and have a few matches before ManUre and Munich to do it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:19 am

devaney » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 pm wrote:The fans at both Anfield and that Oil slick up the road can make a big difference in this title chase. Interestingly after City’s Monday night game we have 9 home games and 7 away whilst City have 9 away games and 7 home. Advantage Anfield !! Personally I think sthis puts even more pressure on them to beat Wolves !! If Spurs win tomorrow that will put even more pressure on them.

Spurs ate still in the hunting pack so I don't want them to win... so I'll be rooting for the mancs :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 am

Talking about manure, Southgate is apparently under consideration :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:51 pm

A tough game too many squares and strays passes, no creativity, but a welcoming three points that what matters now.
Good luck for the next game
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:45 pm

This team may not have a Gerrard or a Suarez or an Alonso but what it does have is the ability to win games when it's not at its best, not just any old games either, high stakes high pressure games.
Make no mistake if we would have lost or even drawn that game yesterday it would have made the evening news and headlines like 'chokers' and 'bottle jobs' would have been splashed all over the backs of the papers this morning.
Nicking games is an art form, you have got to be rock, rock solid at the back and you need players at the other end of the pitch with the character to seize the moment when it comes.
No team plays well week in week out for 9 solid months and that's why league champions have all had the ability to pick up points when they aren't firing on all cylinders, this is probably the first team we've had in 30 years that can consistently do that.
We've had teams in the past who have won the odd game here and there when not at their best but they couldn't sustain it, sooner or later they'd drop points, this team to their great credit just keeps on going.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm

redshade » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:47 am wrote:Talking about manure, Southgate is apparently under consideration :D.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 pm

To be fair Solksjaer is doing a good job, they are 1-0 up at Spurs and playing well.
Dropping Lukaku and playing a front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Lingard (with Pogba in behind them in the Coutinho role) has given them a new lease of life. Going forward they look like us, maybe even a bit quicker because all their front 3 are pacey where as Bobby is not the most fleet of foot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 pm wrote:To be fair Solksjaer is doing a good job, they are 1-0 up at Spurs and playing well.
Dropping Lukaku and playing a front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Lingard (with Pogba in behind them in the Coutinho role) has given them a new lease of life. Going forward they look like us, maybe even a bit quicker because all their front 3 are pacey where as Bobby is not the most fleet of foot.
I think Bobby is playing more in a attacking midfield this year and Salah and Mane playing as 2 wide Forwards. I'd prefer to go out and buy a quick striker to play down the middle either as a impact sub, or to have Bobby in a 3 man midfield and having him start uptop with Salah and Mane.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games