Fabinho

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:24 pm

I thought Fabinho done everything that was expected of him on his debut ,he closed down players and even took a yellow to avert them getting away on the break,not sure why Liverpool fans are being so negative with his first real performance ? The DM role 'specifically for us' is a demanding one as we invariably have our fullbacks pushing up to support the play,so I didn't expect anything more than what he proffered in a role he still has to adjust to.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Bit concerned about Fabhino as he's clearly not settled and at 50m we need a big contribution from him.

Just a couple of cameos is no return really and I'm convinced the club would have expectations that he would be pushing Henderson and Milner hard for starting positions by now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:21 pm

I said it when we signed him and I still have the same feelings- good player but not convinced he fits our style. Jorginho would have been a much better fit, exactly the kind of player we needed.

Not writing him off or anything mind, he's a good player and will have a part to play, however we needed someone to significantly improve us and I'm not sure Fabinho is that man.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Plenty of time yet for him - he showed signs of what he can do yesterday- was calm on the ball , showed a great burst of pace to go past a few to release pressure and put in a few great tackles. He will be fine - no rush for him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 pm wrote:Plenty of time yet for him - he showed signs of what he can do yesterday- was calm on the ball , showed a great burst of pace to go past a few to release pressure and put in a few great tackles. He will be fine - no rush for him

What are we waiting for remind us?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Thought he looked solid when he came on against Huddlesfield. Would like to see him and Gini in the centre of the part for our next game or two
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 pm

only me » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:00 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 pm wrote:Plenty of time yet for him - he showed signs of what he can do yesterday- was calm on the ball , showed a great burst of pace to go past a few to release pressure and put in a few great tackles. He will be fine - no rush for him

I don’t know what are you waiting for ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:13 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:24 pm wrote:I thought Fabinho done everything that was expected of him on his debut ,he closed down players and even took a yellow to avert them getting away on the break,not sure why Liverpool fans are being so negative with his first real performance ? The DM role 'specifically for us' is a demanding one as we invariably have our fullbacks pushing up to support the play,so I didn't expect anything more than what he proffered in a role he still has to adjust to.

Agree thought he had a good debut myself. Certainly don't understand some of the criticism he's getting for that performance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:42 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:00 pm wrote:

I don’t know what are you waiting for ?

Mate you are the one calling not to rush him..so I guess you have a logical reason...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 am

I said “no rush for him” - ie he doesn’t need to be put into the team until he is ready for the Prem fully. The manager knows what he is doing and you can see from the little cameos he is going to be a very good player for us
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 am

You can see he's got a great range of passing.. he has the ability to read danger and do the little fouls off of the ball to stop play. Hes a Ariel threat and can win headers from midfield, something we lack at present. Hes surprisingly quick and good at dribbling so he can set up quick counters from the back.

I envisioned both Naby and Fabinho both lightening up the premier league this year but both have looked nervous so far...
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Would like to see more of this guy in games, not "bit parts" . Maybe his chance will come if Milner and Co get an injury lay off. That's how TAA got his chance.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 am

Another good game today, He's a clever player who will become an anchor in that team when he's fully ready. At the moment he is being eased into it and progressing nicely.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 am

I think he's that good at reading the game that Klopp can afford to play 2 anchor men infront of the back four then have the luxury of playing Shaqiri, Lallana or Keita as a CAM. The team looks more creative and balanced this way.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:17 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 am wrote:I think he's that good at reading the game that Klopp can afford to play 2 anchor men infront of the back four then have the luxury of playing Shaqiri, Lallana or Keita as a CAM. The team looks more creative and balanced this way.

So where do Milner and Hendo fit into this masterplan?
I think they should be back up players mostly as the above named by you offer far more going forward.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion