Fabinho

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Tue May 29, 2018 3:20 am

Coutinho....
Firminho....
FabinHO!

Christ his name ends in "Ho" must be good.

Love the timing of the announcement, good pr to deflect from the current misery.
killerp

Postby redshade » Tue May 29, 2018 3:55 am

Well good news for Firmino his found a new Bff.

Short compilation

https://youtu.be/3n_lGe1a-20
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 am

As someone else mentioned, his style of play is a bit like Patrick Viera, so potentially a very good signing.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 29, 2018 8:40 am

Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 am wrote:As someone else mentioned, his style of play is a bit like Patrick Viera, so potentially a very good signing.

If he is half as good as Viera i'll be very happy. Such is the quality of our current midfielders...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 am

killerp » Tue May 29, 2018 2:20 am wrote:Coutinho....
Firminho....
FabinHO!

Christ his name ends in "Ho" must be good.

Love the timing of the announcement, good pr to deflect from the current misery.

This would be lovely if his name wasn't Firmino :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 29, 2018 9:48 am

I guess this is how we're told we won't be getting Lemar....

Welcome to the club big fella.... there's a golden opportunity awaiting you if you're good enough.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 10:51 am

Only downside is, he isn't much of a goalscorer. We need more goals from midfield areas.

Check him out on YouTube folks, there are loads of highlights of him on there.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 29, 2018 11:28 am

Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 9:51 am wrote:Only downside is, he isn't much of a goalscorer. We need more goals from midfield areas.

If we keep hold of our front 3 we'll score plenty of goals, especially if we bring in a creative AM like Fekir, our problem has always been keeping them out at the other end. Hopefully this fella will go a long way to helping us sort that problem.
A keeper like Oblak or Allison + VVD + Fabinho would give us a great defensive spine.
VVD alone has had a huge impact, before he arrived we were shipping goals at a rate of about 50 a season, that was for 4 or 5 seasons straight, even this year after City put 5 past us and Spurs put 4 past us we looked well on course for another 50 goal season. VVD's arrival at Christmas changed everything, the brakes went on and even after a terrible start we ended the season conceding just 38, our lowest total since the days of Rafa a decade ago.
Imagine what VVD will do with top keeper behind him and top DM like Fabinho in front of him? I'm looking forward to next season already.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue May 29, 2018 11:48 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 9:51 am wrote:Only downside is, he isn't much of a goalscorer. We need more goals from midfield areas.

If we keep hold of our front 3 we'll score plenty of goals, especially if we bring in a creative AM like Fekir, our problem has always been keeping them out at the other end. Hopefully this fella will go a long way to helping us sort that problem.
A keeper like Oblak or Allison + VVD + Fabinho would give us a great defensive spine.
VVD alone has had a huge impact, before he arrived we were shipping goals at a rate of about 50 a season, that was for 4 or 5 seasons straight, even this year after City put 5 past us and Spurs put 4 past us we looked well on course for another 50 goal season. VVD's arrival at Christmas changed everything, the brakes went on and even after a terrible start we ended the season conceding just 38, our lowest total since the days of Rafa a decade ago.
Imagine what VVD will do with top keeper behind him and top DM like Fabinho in front of him? I'm looking forward to next season already.

Keita and Fabinho will add real grit to the midfield, we are starting to become a very good team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm

kazza » Tue May 29, 2018 10:48 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 am wrote:

Keita and Fabinho will add real grit to the midfield, we are starting to become a very good team.

I haven't felt this optimistic since the days of Gerrard, Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Carragher etc when I thought we had the best team in the country, despite United having a front line of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez we beat them home and away that season including a 4-1 trouncing at Old Trafford, we beat Chelsea home and away that year too.
The problem was that we couldn't keep that team together long enough to win the league, Rafa fell out with Alonso, the 2 clowns bought the club and that was that.
I'm getting the same feeling that I had back then though that we are on the verge of something special, and considering we are only 3 days on from a crushing defeat in a CL final it just shows you how much positivity is around the club.
FSG need to tie Jurgen down to a long contract, we won't get anyone better.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 29, 2018 12:22 pm

Remember lads, these new boys have to achieve the level of speed, fitness and skill required for our game style which will probably take until Christmas at least. It'll take time...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Reg » Tue May 29, 2018 11:22 am wrote:Remember lads, these new boys have to achieve the level of speed, fitness and skill required for our game style which will probably take until Christmas at least. It'll take time...

Ketia and Fab will be there on day 1 of pre-season as they're not at the world cup. I think they'll both in the starting 11 from the off.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Tue May 29, 2018 1:11 pm

Eagle » Tue May 29, 2018 7:56 pm wrote:
Reg » Tue May 29, 2018 11:22 am wrote:Remember lads, these new boys have to achieve the level of speed, fitness and skill required for our game style which will probably take until Christmas at least. It'll take time...

Ketia and Fab will be there on day 1 of pre-season as they're not at the world cup. I think they'll both in the starting 11 from the off.

Flights and exhibition games in Oz, US etc..? I think the traditional value of pre-season has been turned on it's head.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 29, 2018 2:14 pm

We don't need this lad to score goals  :no We need him to do what he does in his youtube clips and that is tackling. Not sure if he will get away with half of that in the Prem but its something that is badly missing from our side.

Smash up the oppositions play and give it forward to someone who's job it is to score and we are good. He will get some goals I am sure as he will add a bit of height on set pieces and his position will enable him to mop up any half clearances coming out.

Can't wait to see him line up for us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Klopp said about fabinho that he can play in numerous positions including defence and has the mentality to play at the highest level, so it's looking good.

His ability to win back possession and help turn defence into attack, can only be a great thing.

:buttrock.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion