Fabinho

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:59 am

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:17 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 am wrote:I think he's that good at reading the game that Klopp can afford to play 2 anchor men infront of the back four then have the luxury of playing Shaqiri, Lallana or Keita as a CAM. The team looks more creative and balanced this way.

So where do Milner and Hendo fit into this masterplan?
I think they should be back up players mostly as the above named by you offer far more going forward.

That's the point, Hendo is history and Milly's as good as his legs will carry him. Have you noticed how little publicity Hendo gets these days? It looks as though his wind down has started.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11857
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 am

Henderson isn’t history at all - we now have a squad of players and have a midfield that can change and adapt for the opposition - Fabinho playing a couple of games doesn’t suddenly mean they are cast aside. Guaranteed that both Henderson will play a lot of games this season -

For years we have been desperate for depth now we have it people want to cast aside players !
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:16 am wrote:Henderson isn’t history at all - we now have a squad of players and have a midfield that can change and adapt for the opposition - Fabinho playing a couple of games doesn’t suddenly mean they are cast aside. Guaranteed that both Henderson will play a lot of games this season -

For years we have been desperate for depth now we have it people want to cast aside players !


I never get this mentality of pushing players out of the door that have a contribution to make. You can't win the league with 15 players. You will always have injuries and suspensions.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm

We need to upgrade from Hendo, he has no imagination, sideways, backwards- sideways, backwards - sideways, backwards.

The right quality of player wants to come to Anfield now so we should and have to keep improving the squad to beat City and win the league.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11857
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Sorry Reg but that’s pretty much a false statement in regards Henderson - it’s quite clear he does far more than pass it backwards and sideways but it’s a false impression that has stuck - I thought it might have started to go away during the summer when he kept playing raking balls over the park.

Henderson has just signed a new contract , still is the club captain - always goes into the team when playing the big games - I think that should tell you exactly what the manager thinks of him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:11 pm wrote:Sorry Reg but that’s pretty much a false statement in regards Henderson - it’s quite clear he does far more than pass it backwards and sideways but it’s a false impression that has stuck - I thought it might have started to go away during the summer when he kept playing raking balls over the park.

Henderson has just signed a new contract , still is the club captain - always goes into the team when playing the big games - I think that should tell you exactly what the manager thinks of him


+1
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8237
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Well the manager also picks Moreno so what does that tell you?!
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11857
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Reg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 pm wrote:Well the manager also picks Moreno so what does that tell you?!


That Robbo needed a rest and Moreno is the only back up at the moment
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Reg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:46 am wrote:Well the manager also picks Moreno so what does that tell you?!


That since Klopp joined he has had bigger priorities than spending money on a backup LB. If Fabinho does as well as we all hope, it will probably mean that Henderson gets less game time but I'm pretty sure he will be here next year and we'll be addressing other areas in the squad in the next two windows. Anyway, this is the Fabinho thread not the Henderson thread.

The last 2 games have been very promising from Fabinho. Really covered his zone well while moving the ball forward both through his passing and also by carrying the ball past people. A Fabinho operating at his top level and fully accustomed to what Klopp wants may see the team jump up a level or 2.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:26 am

Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm wrote:We need to upgrade from Hendo, he has no imagination, sideways, backwards- sideways, backwards - sideways, backwards.

The right quality of player wants to come to Anfield now so we should and have to keep improving the squad to beat City and win the league.


But our manager just gave Mr Hendo a new long term contract. what does this tell you !!?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Cheshire

Postby only me » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 am

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:26 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm wrote:We need to upgrade from Hendo, he has no imagination, sideways, backwards- sideways, backwards - sideways, backwards.

The right quality of player wants to come to Anfield now so we should and have to keep improving the squad to beat City and win the league.


But our manager just gave Mr Hendo a new long term contract. what does this tell you !!?


he is going to be an expensive backup..
only me
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 5081
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:00 pm
Location: Jerusalem

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:27 pm

only me » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:26 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm wrote:We need to upgrade from Hendo, he has no imagination, sideways, backwards- sideways, backwards - sideways, backwards.

The right quality of player wants to come to Anfield now so we should and have to keep improving the squad to beat City and win the league.


But our manager just gave Mr Hendo a new long term contract. what does this tell you !!?


he is going to be an expensive backup..

If you want strength in depth I think thats the new way of the world.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11857
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:18 pm

only me » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:26 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm wrote:We need to upgrade from Hendo, he has no imagination, sideways, backwards- sideways, backwards - sideways, backwards.

The right quality of player wants to come to Anfield now so we should and have to keep improving the squad to beat City and win the league.


But our manager just gave Mr Hendo a new long term contract. what does this tell you !!?


he is going to be an expensive backup..


Henderson isn’t “backup” - he will start more games than he doesn’t provided he isn’t injured. There will be constant changes in the middle with them all getting plenty of playing time
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby electrum » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:07 pm

When Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita are available I would want to see Henderson  as backup and starting fewer games - no way I can see how he should he be starting ahead of those three regularly when all are fit and firing.On current form I would have Milner ahead of him too.
electrum
LFC Member
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:55 pm

With all fit and available, I'd start most games with..

     Fabinho  Wjnaldum
          Keita

But you also have Lallana, Milner, Henderson and Shaqiri, so I don't really see us having a settled Midfield three, with lots of rotation and chopping and changing.
But that will bring a lack of consistency in our performances.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Cheshire

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

  • Advertisement
cron
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!